Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Anyone else under whelmed by the deep dive?

We were promised things that would "Change how you play your class", but I don't see that being the case at all.

Giving back old abilities that 99% of the time you will never use is not an expansion feature. Paladin aura's aren't a game changing thing, its not REALLY going to make a difference having an extra 1200 armour; and this is how almost all the abiltiies they gave back feel. I know people didn't like ability pruning, but the fact is these abilities are so niche and largely unimpactful that they're ignorable.

None of this changes how a class plays or feels.

The covenant abilities are underwhelming and uninspired. The covenant specific ones are pretty lackluster and for the most part don't even have an in-combat use.

The class specific abilities are moderate cooldown abilities that mostly provide passive bonuses that are largely uninteresting.

None of this makes me feel like my class or spec is going to feel different or more interesting to play. None of it really gets me excited to play the same classes or specs again.

What is supposed to be enticing me to want to play Shadowlands? The covenants aren't doing it.

I was, they shared little info and the audience was mostly dead as well.

Play Classic, simple as that.

Just look back at the audience faces and you will know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Classic is shit.

Must say I expected a bit more info from it. But now I don't remember how much info we got in the previous years.

As underwhelming as everything else we've gotten from WoW this BlizzCon.

no class charges basically.

another artifact type stuff.

yeah...

I wonder what did the audience think.

I didn't bought the ticket ofc.

Pretty much, no mention of Arthas, no other revelations but the bare bones announcement we got yesterday. It's all about fixing leveling which could have been done in a patch. No tremendous class changes. "Woohoo, look guys, combat rogues use poison again! We removed it to add back in years later and market it as a new expansion, get it!?"

And Battle for Azeroth got flack? Get the hell out of here, BfA already looks 1,000 times better than this. Covenant reps, leveling re-tool, class touch ups and level squish. This is our expansion, folks. Enjoy it. We deserve it for shitting on BfA so long. Blizzard will deserve the underwhelming performance no doubt. First time since Warlords of Draenor I haven't been excited for a new expansion. Looks like it's time for another 3 year break.

Looks to me like they are still too early in development to actually share anything of substance (or they just don't want to). Not as bad (read: 2 years too early) like D4, but still too early. Given some of the more modest goals this time around this also has a rather high chance for a rush job, I hope they won't fuck up 2 in a row.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    This ^^
    was utterly fine about everything but really expected massive changes on the talent/spell side of things.
    Again Ion said months ago about how pruning had gone too far etc. they are playing it safe again

Best thing about Shadowlands is we'll have a ton of free time to spend on self-improvement/hobbies

I'm very happy with it.

So you expect to announce flashy things every panel? Deep dive means what it means: more indepth info about the stuff they said in the opening ceremony and what next panels.

10+ Year Old Account
    still much more hyped than pandaria

The only lasting thing i guess i would get from this expansion is farming the cosmetic stuff and cancel my subsription after that. But that alone isn't worth it. Looks like the competent devs from the past who played the game themselves and knew the classes, had ideas and passion for class design, are long gone. And what we are left with when it comes to class developers are people who can do changes each expansion which the old developers did in a fucking patch. The class is the most important thing in this game, the vehicle. If it isn't fun and well designed, every other feature suffers. Disappointing so far. This Deep Dive was a joke.

I think it's just too little too late. If they made these kinds of class changes in BfA I would have said "okay, this is not great but it's a step up from Legion". They had so much time to think about fixing the core gameplay of classes and all they did was sprinkle some previously removed abilities on top of the boring piece of shit classes we had in BfA/Legion along with another flat, uninspired external source of class design that will not work. They just don't get it.

Oh, well. Enough good games are about to come out. No need to throw more money at this game if all you get is one disappointment after another.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-11-02 at 07:56 PM.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    So you expect to announce flashy things every panel? Deep dive means what it means: more indepth info about the stuff they said in the opening ceremony and what next panels.
    How was this a deep dive? I expected class changes and have hoped to get an example what they are trying to do, to make combat engaging. Listing 2-3 abilities is hardly a deep dive.

5+ Year Old Account
    I mean , de-pruning old skills is good BUT WHERE NEW STUFF? new skills? new artifact weapons HOPE? new class mechanics ?

#GIVEUSBACKARTIFACTWEAPON (skills atleast into base lane spec)
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

A lot of people in this thread mus really like their diablo-style loot, AP, Azerite armor, and essences.

Shadowlands look so much better than BFA simply cause all of that is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    We were promised things that would "Change how you play your class", but I don't see that being the case at all.

Giving back old abilities that 99% of the time you will never use is not an expansion feature. Paladin aura's aren't a game changing thing, its not REALLY going to make a difference having an extra 1200 armour; and this is how almost all the abiltiies they gave back feel. I know people didn't like ability pruning, but the fact is these abilities are so niche and largely unimpactful that they're ignorable.

None of this changes how a class plays or feels.

The covenant abilities are underwhelming and uninspired. The covenant specific ones are pretty lackluster and for the most part don't even have an in-combat use.

The class specific abilities are moderate cooldown abilities that mostly provide passive bonuses that are largely uninteresting.

None of this makes me feel like my class or spec is going to feel different or more interesting to play. None of it really gets me excited to play the same classes or specs again.

What is supposed to be enticing me to want to play Shadowlands? The covenants aren't doing it.
    Personally I'm more excited about this expansion than I have been for one in years. Many of the abilities they're bringing back DO change how good players will play, because they allow you to go beyond your role when the situation calls for it. And for some of us, they're bringing back abilities that were actually FUN. You know, the reason most people play video games. It doesn't have to be about how fast you can push your buttons and weave in this and that while spinning in circles 3x blindfolded. Some of us enjoy having rotations to follow with "moderate cooldown abilities" as you put it. And frankly, some of us are happy with our classes and don't want a complete overhaul to make them "feel different."