Poll: Why are you angry with Shadowlands?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I had only one thing which I was looking forward to.

Or, well two things.

A new class ( very preferrable Tinker, but would have been happy with anything, no matter if Dragonsworn, Dark Ranger, Necromancer, aslong as its done well )

And new Races, hoped for Naga or at the very least Ogres.

That my disappointment now is huge is understandable.

I just wonder where all the development time went. Compare Shadowlands to MoP trailer, for example.

MoP:
    New Class: Monk
    New Race: Pandaren
    Challenge Mode
    Talent system revamp
    Scenarios
    Pet Battle

all ontop of new zones, new raids, new dungeons, new new new new.

Shadowlands?
    Tower
    Covenants

Uhh... hello?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sad no tinkers but other than that no complaints so far. I'm excited that my shaman will actually have proper totems again...
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted "Not enough new features", though it was not the only of the options I could select. It seemed the best option to encompass all of my disappointment. The expansion as it has been presented just feels so empty. What have they shown us? What has the team themselves said 9.0 will be? A few leveling zones, another Garrison rehash, another Suramar rehash, and one procedurally-generated dungeon, modeled after a genre I don't play in the first place. So far, the only reason I am still subbed is to raid with my guild. I had hoped the announcement could rekindle my desire to play, but it didn't.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Not mad, just disappointed.

I think if there was a new class people would be a bit more forgiving. As it is, it feels pretty sparse.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I got over my problem with level squish but still disappointed at no new class. I was so sure we'd get Necromancer. HELL, I would have even settled for Tinker!
    How could you want another class?

Class design is horrible in its current state, you would have to be a mad man to want more classes and more mechanics to juggle around.

Two things missing for me.

1. Not enough warrior info.
    2. With level squish, what're the levels gonna be for mount stuff?

10+ Year Old Account
    Who really cares about no new races or new classes? We have plenty of classes as is (that need a lot of work) and have had rounds and rounds of allied races (Woo no starting zones for them, the biggest waste of resources). Feature wise it is par the course, nothing too crazy which is good because it means it won't suck as much ass as when they feature bloat. I'll continue to be mad about no player housing until it shows up, but otherwise expansion looks decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    How could you want another class?

Class design is horrible in its current state, you would have to be a mad man to want more classes and more mechanics to juggle around.
    Well, if they don't fix classes, which I have little faith in them actually doing, then we're in the same boat with nothing new to play with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Two things missing for me.

1. Not enough warrior info.
    2. With level squish, what're the levels gonna be for mount stuff?
    I'm hoping they bring back stances.

Even though they're just measly passive buffs, it gave you the illusion of having options. I would imagine that if they brought back stance dancing, people would go insane.

While we're at it, presences for DKs, imagine that.

Not mad at all, quited excited. They fix issues with the game (removal of grind, less rng on items\legendaries), they don't have asinine features like islands\warfronts, the replayable dungeon (solo or group) seems super fun (in a slay the spire way).

I sincerely dont know what people expect.

New expansion means new zones, new spells, new dungeons, new raids, new villains, new abilities, coolers monsters and models and the occasional new feature where it works (islands and warfronts didn't work in bfa, i'm hoping covenant\tower work), alongside the advancement of the story.

They don't have to re-discover the wheel every expansion, or be overly ambitious with them.

Also, enough classes already. And we gotten like 10-12 new races so far? Some of them completely new models like Vulperas... and screw tinkers, honestly.

I'm hyped, this is the sort of expansion i tend to enjoy.

At this point you guys are just bitching for the sake of bitching, and being edgy boys (and girls).

Closest option here is "the Cinematic" but honestly just Sylvanas. Most of this expansion is perfect with the exception of Sylvanas. She's a boring OP character who really doesn't interest me anymore. Hopefully she's out of xpac within the first patch or so, like Garrosh and Gul'dan were

Pity on you if you thought this forum would react any differently. Absolutely nothing Blizz did would have changed the bitchfest.

Just the other day there was a very popular post that stated the game needed to get more simple, bla bla, and what not.

We're dropping Essences, we're dropping azerite traits, we're leaving the AP grind behind and we're getting simpler, more intuitive stuff with the covenant racials, with massive customization instead.

And now those same people are whining that it's a "meh" expansion with nothing new or good about it?

Give it a fucking rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Dude.

They're unpruning classes.

What's there to dislike?
    Are you kidding? So far we're looking at 1-2 abilities for most specs.

I put "Other" but I'm not really mad, just up in the air because the reason I stopped playing WoW because there were way too many time gates on everything and I hate Pathfinder. Time gate to unlock flying, time gate to unlock new races, etc, I hate it. I just want to sit down and feel like I can play the game making progress for however long I want without hitting a wall of "that's all the progress on unlocking flying or a new race you can make for today, go play another game instead and come back tomorrow". I have no idea if Shadowlands is going to have less time gates on everything or more Pathfinder, but I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't because everything else looks interesting to me.

I'm sick and tired of having the shitty written Mary Sue known as Sylvanas shoved down my throat? Where is the option for this? I know I'm not alone.

Why So Mad?
    Because it's not Warcraft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like shadowlands BECAUSE there is absolutely no revamp as it should never remove, always add. if you remove there is no point in investing anything in it since what you like will be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hatexon View Post
    O U T R A G E C U L T U R E!

BE ANGRY AT EVERYTHING AHHH!

I stopped playing WoW in early BFA, looked at how gear worked and was obtained with randomized stats, didn't want another AP grind. Then saw essences added in and was like "Glad I didn't bother". Since all of this is gone in Shadowlands I will probably play again.
    Pretty much this

Bfa is a filler expansion. Shadowlands seems to be the means to end the Sylvanas arc which was part of the background lore for the past couple expansions now. Shadowlands also seems to start a new arc in world building, we will see where it takes us from here. I predict multiple expansions in the shadowlands, seeing as we are barely stepping foot into it.