Poll: Why are you angry with Shadowlands?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Oh, great, they're giving me back what they have taken. What an amazing "feature"! I am so happy!
    So better to not give it back because some people will get mad that they are getting what they lost? People like you are good example why Blizz cant win no matter what they do.

Majority who I've talked to like it, so don't think the forums represent the majority. I think the expansion look incredibly good, with finally some insane solo content with the tower.

you people don't know shit. i don't think i'll be playing shadowlands because of blizzards stance on the china thing, and yeah fuck his little apology. BUT you people, this forum really, just bitches to bitch.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Majority who I've talked to like it, so don't think the forums represent the majority. I think the expansion look incredibly good, with finally some insane solo content with the tower.
    Pretty much teh same thing was said about WOD and BFA. And great Solo content in a MMO!!!!!! Awesome design there More and more WOW is a single player action game
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

The cinematic. Characters who are pushed as only focus for game / movie or any fiction to a point when they win all the time effortlessly get old, quickly.

The rest is OK, but nothing extraordinary. I was a but disapointed with the dive in as there was no talk on re-design of specs / classes. Only the return of some talents.
    I wish they did something for Demonology Warlock. But i was expecting too much i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Pretty much teh same thing was said about WOD and BFA. And great Solo content in a MMO!!!!!! Awesome design there More and more WOW is a single player action game
    go play classic?
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Because people want to be angry and unsatisfied at all cost to make them look like they're better than others.

I hope said people work in industry and have the same customers as they are.

Seriously, I would understand if it was already a beta, but the extension is not even on an early alpha... A little too early for an all-out outrage, right ? (But it does not mean I dont understand people who want others things, just not the "HAAA WORST XPAC EVER WOW IS DEAD HAAAA §§"...)

Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Because people want to be angry and unsatisfied at all cost to make them look like they're better than others.

I hope said people work in industry and have the same customers as they are.

Seriously, I would understand if it was already a beta, but the extension is not even on an early alpha... A little too early for an all-out outrage, right ? (But it does not mean I dont understand people who want others things, just not the "HAAA WORST XPAC EVER WOW IS DEAD HAAAA §§"...)
    Most called BFA out for being terrible at the reveal and they were 100% right .Every issue with BFA was pinpointed by players at this same time.

Blizzard could give some of these people sacks of gold and they'd just whine about how heavy it was

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What do they need to change? We're obviously going to get new seasonal affixes, new dungeons and raids - what more do you want?
    In case you havent been paying attention Raiding and m+ are dying out when you could get better gear from Benthic items. They are making the game more single player friendly. If I can do solo dungeons and get comparable gear, why run a 5 man? You see Blizzard making the game more single player friendly is just killing Raiding

Loved Shadowlands. I only wish for less power creep, PVP vendors, no PVP scaling.

10+ Year Old Account
    u making a sh8tload of reasons in a poll, u should made it multi choice not just one
    if i must put one i'd put not enough features, but lore alone is a big problem
    i was expecting a trailer as good as legion if not better (legion feature trailer made me literally sub to wow in hype, even in my stupid i forgot that legion is still ages away and my 6 months sub ended before legion was even released)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    No matter how much people scream...
    it is true depend on when did u play
    if u played early wod then left - even if out of boredom - u didn't play wod at its worst, a selfie patch and entire year of joke content but hey we get flying
    bfa is overall better than wod, but the best of bfa is nothing in compare to best of wod, wod did start very strong and solid, even back to over 10 million sub, as for why blizz didn't continue that even today i don't understand why they did so little work in it
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Folks are, I think, jumping the gun with their outrage or apathy. I think Blizz has very deliberately not fully pulled the curtain back on Shadowlands, effectively giving a partial reveal. I suspect (hope) there's a whole lot more to come in terms of feature and gameplay announcements. As for an answer to the why so mad question? I think it's just the "angry at everything" crowd being, well, angry at everything. I firmly believe that if their collective wish lists had been fulfilled, they'd be complaining about Shadowlands being too busy or padded.

For me, I enjoyed the cinematic regardless of the "Super Sylvannas" backlash, am looking forward to seeing how the story unfolds, and am interested in seeing how the class improvements work out. I'm fully on-board with the level squish, and how it's being implemented. It makes a whole lot of sense, and gives levelling game play choice to new and veteran players alike that maintains a consistent story narrative, whilst also allowing free agency to do it however the hell you want once you've done your first toon.

Edit - I was also glad to see no new classes added, especially all this Necro/Bard/Tinker nonsense. Makes much more sense to fix whats broken instead of further dilution when it comes to player classes.
    Last edited by Toxuvox; 2019-11-03 at 12:12 PM. Reason: Additional thoughts on answer to OPs question

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Dude.

They're unpruning classes.

What's there to dislike?

While mainly upset that the expansion lacks a hook and I think the level squish is pointless this really upsets me.

After over half a decade of chopping abilities off the classes left and right I dont think Blizzard should be praised for giving back things they took away. They sure as shit shouldn't be charging an expansion price for the privilege

It's the gamer outrage culture at its best. People can't just enjoy something or be hyped about something. They got convinced that it's their job to be super critical about every game and to basically do their best to find faults with them, instead of just playing them or not playing them.

And no, I don't think streamers, youtubers and influencers are all bad, but it's pretty clear they are largely responsible for this phenomenon. Back in the day people were watching batman on TV and then imagined themselves to be gliding around and attacking baddies, now they are watching all these industry critics and want to do some criticism themselves. And here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Most called BFA out for being terrible at the reveal and they were 100% right .Every issue with BFA was pinpointed by players at this same time.
    You mean like wotlk and pandaria ? You know, wotlk when arthas was ruined because he was at every corner, no endgame, boring game, the pvp zone was lame, or pandaria because ridiclous panda, dungeon too hard, boring, daily quest horrible, reputation are crap, story was stupid, etc...

People, especially on mmo-champion, complain ALL THE FUCKING TIME, I was here since long ago (even before posting), I was in the game since long ago too, it NEVER changed. So yeah, they complained on BFA and shadowland, like they complained on every expension ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Well seems like the mad people are a minority. Yet I trust they will claim they are the majority for whatever change they support to be applied to shadow lands.
    yeah, as we all know, 55% is the minority.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    yeah, as we all know, 55% is the minority.
    Well most people who are happy usually don't stroll into threads about what they don't like about the game .

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Because even if you can do something solo (visions in 8.3, tower in 9.0) - it's obviously going to be easier with more people you play often with, because you have access to more things to answer the problems that content throws at you

Also, Benthic items aren't at all good for M+ so I'm not sure why you point that out
    I have seen more guilds disband then at any other time in the games history. EVEN LFR raid ques when the new raid came out were a hour long. All I ever saw in chat was people looking for raiding guilds and m+. Booth raiding and m+ are in bad shape and not getting any better. The fact they are adding more solo content should tell you that. It is a MMORPG but over the last few expansions since Ion took over, that has been stripped away. Shadowlands wont bring that back. No talk of Guild over hauls, no talk of fixing what is wrong with the classes. If the classes are still shit to play, Raiding and dungeon participation will not improve

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    I got over my problem with level squish but still disappointed at no new class. I was so sure we'd get Necromancer. HELL, I would have even settled for Tinker!
    But tinkers have no space in Shadowlands tho, they do in BfA. They could have been given you mechagnomes and Vulpera sooner with a tinker class then. I wouldn't mind, but i wouldn't play at all, and i thought having tinker would mean not having necro, and end up not having none, so i'm just really not bothered anymore, i'm happy with the fixes, call me easily convinced but i like the shadowlands direction.