Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Babadoo View Post
    Liberate Hong Kong, the revolution of our times!
    ... and just as the guy from the Q&A, Blizz and countless other companies still got your attention, money and loyalty - but you feel good by cussing them out and feel that you're as much a fighter for freedom as those losing their lives and risking everything on the streets.
    Don't fool yourself, mate. You're just posing as a rebel, but you're as much of a sheep as everybody here (me included).

On-topic

There's so much that could've been asked, even lore-wise, and all seemed to be... very superficial? I don't know. It was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Horse shit. No one asked for Pathfinder. No one wanted it. Ion doesn't like flying so this is the punishment you get. They said they listen to the players and obviously they dont
    "No one", lol. Just because a vocal minority shouts to the rooftops they want flying, doesn't mean it should happen, quite the opposite.

Fuck, i'd scrap flying completely from current content. Just fly on previous expansions.

This way is a decent compromise. You don't fly half an expansion, you then fly the other half. Why the f*** would your opinion more important than mine? "buuu uuu they didn't do what i want", cry me a river.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post
    Idk if I should be sad or thankful for this being the first ever expansion reveal I have zero chance of pre-ordering from hype. I even pre-ordered WoD because the hype got to me!

After seeing the opening ceremony I kept thinking "maybe the deep dive will reveal what becomes the hook of this expansion". Then I thought "maybe the Q/A will reveal quivers for hunters again, at long last", but neh, maybe this is my chance to break the 15 year old cycle with WoW after all.
    Yea, if you needed quivers to pre-orders, you're just a silly dude. Gameplay and content is what made WoW great and successful for the past 15 years, and you're getting a lot of customization in other ways, so that just seems like whining for the sake of whining.

That being said, who cares about pre-orders, they dont make sense anyway and no one should pre-order anything, ever. Just buy at launch if its appealing to you.

Q: Will legendaries ever be transmoggable?
    A: Short answer: yes! Very soon!
    Long overdue in my opinion. Yeah it's trivial and doesn't affect game play whatsoever, but it does make me happy in the pants that I can finally use my Val'anyr as a transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn I really wish my xmog question got picked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Legacy TBC/WotLK a possibility.
    I'm glad they said though that the people that signed up for Classic didn't sign up for TBC or Wrath. Meaning if they happen it'll for sure be a separate server option and not forced. That was my only concern.

I always considered it a perk that Classic WoW is a version of WoW that won't get invalidated within 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    "No one", lol. Just because a vocal minority shouts to the rooftops they want flying, doesn't mean it should happen, quite the opposite.

Fuck, i'd scrap flying completely from current content. Just fly on previous expansions.

This way is a decent compromise. You don't fly half an expansion, you then fly the other half. Why the f*** would your opinion more important than mine? "buuu uuu they didn't do what i want", cry me a river.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea, if you needed quivers to pre-orders, you're just a silly dude. Gameplay and content is what made WoW great and successful for the past 15 years, and you're getting a lot of customization in other ways, so that just seems like whining for the sake of whining.

That being said, who cares about pre-orders, they dont make sense anyway and no one should pre-order anything, ever. Just buy at launch if its appealing to you.
    Vocal minority? You are delusional . See Wod and the backlash they got.Stop pretending its only a vocal minority. If you have evidence it is such present it
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Legendaries will be transmogable.

Think I heard a loud cheer in the distance...
    Can't wait to transmog Shadowmourne on my Frost DK... Oh wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp1on2 View Post
    I mean its pretty obvious that blizz at the very very least set how many questions could be asked and vetted them, hence why they said they ran out of questions - if it wasn't down to Blizz they couldn't have run out, they would have just keep asking. So I think it's a little disingenuous to say its either or.
    sounds like something the Communist Chinese Govt would do
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    How the fuck didn’t they answer a god damn thing about guild improvement!?!?

Q: Did the Jailor see Sylvanas as a threat?
    A: We will find out during the story that Sylvanas's dealings with the Jailor started when she threw herself off of Icecrown in Edge of Night. She helped Varian in Legion as a way to thrust herself into a position of power.
    Except she was just as surprised as anyone when she became Warchief, so the gaining of power was unexpected despite her wanting to get power? The dissonance here is massive.

She ordered the burning of Teldrassil because she had planned to send the souls over. Except she made the decision in a fit of emotion as she was put in front of something she disliked. Again brilliance and foresight stated in spite of what was shown.

A good retcon fills a gap or expands the level of knowledge based on something, it builds on the narrative by adding some information that was never known before. A bad retcon rewrites information already known instead of using a gap to fill in a missing piece of information. This is as subtle as getting hit on the face with a hammer. "We know we showed you it happened this way, but it really happened the way we're telling you now." A bad retcon can expand the universe, such as when Blizzard changed the topology of Azeroth completely in order to put things further apart and expand the landmass. Most often a bad retcon just adds dissonance to how events transpired. This is a massively bad retcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    How to argue is a trend thing now? I did not know that logic and reasoning had an expiration date and we had to develop new methods. I need to inform my professors! What they have told me to use to argue points in papers is old and no longer valid!

And Oh..

FREE HONG KONG!!!!!
    Did you read what he wrote? It looks like he got it from a 2001 myspace post. Yeah, I think the internet has matured on how to debate past the nosense he was saying.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Oh good. They're retconning Sylvanas' most heroic moment. Lovely.

Fuck. I'm so mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Vocal minority? You are delusional . See Wod and the backlash they got.Stop pretending its only a vocal minority. If you have evidence it is such present it
    I have to present evidence? But you can claim otherwise without it? Talk about being a hypocrite.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GUZ View Post
    How the fuck didn’t they answer a god damn thing about guild improvement!?!?
    What's wrong with guilds that make it need improvements?

Oh and I just noticed that the entire "change the cycle" speech and the Horde and Alliance working together is, again, going out the window for more red vs blue bullshit. It's almost 2020. This shit is old and tired, I'm tired of factions and tired of the same fights over and over and over. It's been 15 years. Let. It. GO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go back and look at the q/q submissions half are about guild stuff
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Hur Dur, they're just retconning!

Yeah, because Blizzard don't have an established history of adding details to previous bits of story. Sure, they do retcon some stuff, but much of it isn't changing what happened, simply adding to it. They have these expansions planned 2 expansions ahead, they can't give out all the story of what's going to happen in 2 expansions time, otherwise it would just ruin it. So yeah, to have long story lines, they have to leave details out then add them in later.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Just to make it clear, quivers have been a pet peeve of mine since their aesthetic removal in Cataclysm, it would never be something that makes or breaks an expansion (I have played every expansion since their removal just fine after all ), the pet peeve is just higher now due to diverse back-slot cosmetics are introduced, yet Hunters still pull arrows out of thin air.

I also feel like the quiver quip made the post fly over your head, as it’s the content they’ve shown so far that I find lackluster, while every expansion before it, whether the actual expansion was good or not, managed to hook my interest straight out of Blizzcon from the cinematic and/or deep dives/Q&As. Shadowlands just looks like a big ol’ «meh», with 1 or 2 old abilities added to the BfA classes which are, in my personal opinion, extremely boring to play.

And I also dno what to say if people having opinions that find things Blizzard do a shame constitutes whining to you, because man, that must be an annoying way to read forums!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    You mean sylvanas own internal monologue, cursing Vol'jin and his loa for making her warchief? That is not a retcon from your perspective?
    I'll be honest with you; I'd forgotten about that - and most of that book in general. Twas not a good read!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    A: We will find out during the story that Sylvanas's dealings with the Jailor started when she threw herself off of Icecrown in Edge of Night. She helped Varian in Legion as a way to thrust herself into a position of power.

So Sylvanas is just like Illidan now, with everything being just a superduper plan execution.
    This is my issue with it as well. She meets the Jailer throwing herself from ICC, then casually raises souls (new Forsaken as opposed by Garrosh) from the Maw in direct opposition to feeding it new souls.
    Then they state she allies with Varian to get in a position of power, yet her status never changed from leader of the Forsaken until events out of her control, such as Vol’jin being fatally wounded, not one Horde member going to the Alliance and being like “yo, we were overrun, we had to escape,” such as Baine. Is the retcon going to include Sylvanas going to the Legion or Garrosh and staying “hey, I know we’re direct enemies
    As stated in other threads, if you retcon something you need to make sure everything after makes sense. This retcon doesn’t.
    Are they going to retcon Broken Shore now, too? Is Sylvanas going to warn the Legion or Garrosh about their plan? How’s that go? “Hey, I know we’re direct enemies and everything, but we have this attack thing happening. If you could wait until we’re at this point to attack, make sure Vol’jin dies, kill the Alliance, but yet let all of the Horde go so we can attack you later, that would be great!”
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2019-11-04 at 12:28 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Basically lmao.

Not gonna sub until the .2 patch at least, so now the preorder is absolutely a no go for me. At least I can thank BfA for teaching me to NEVER preorder an Activision product!
    Amen. I'm not gonna buy this new expac, will wait until the current WoW team is replaced by better assets and especially decent writers.