View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove pathfinder

    83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

    208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

    138 32.17%
Page 18 of 30 FirstFirst ...
8
16
17
18
19
20
28
... LastLast
  1. #341
    I don't see an issue.

    Well, I don't see this as a core issue at this point.

    It sucked to see flying go the Pathfinder route at first, but at this point idc. They've done a good job making the moment when you actually get flying feel much more rewarding, and the world that you've been traversing this whole time do finally opens up.

    I prefer that feeling to flying from quest to quest day one. Unless they design zones for flight again ala storm peaks, I don't see the issue.

    Much rather this energy go toward other problem areas, like the over designed systems, and linking player power to those external systems.

  2. #342
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    People don't need to "Get over" anything.

    People told us to "get over Classic/legacy servers" , because it's "not happening", and look what happened.

    There's nothing wrong with people expressing their displeasure with pathfinder, in the hopes that it can enact change that will make the game more enjoyable for themselves.
    You’re absolutely right, sometimes screaming at the wind feels good. However, it’s pretty clear the devs don’t like content being crushed in days simply because people can fly over all the challenges. They also don’t like having all their hard work just being ignored because it can be bypassed with flying.

    So yeah, go ahead and be upset about it. But, it your waiting for it to change it’s going to be a infinite wait.

  3. #343
    I understand Blizzard's reasoning that they want people to fully explore the zones and feel the immersion, but can't that be achieved in the leveling process? Why not have flying be a max level unlock? They could even have it unlock simply with the Exploration achievement, if that's all they cared about. Sounds like Blizzard has other reasons...

  4. #344
    Leveling with no flying and doing the max level content with no flying is actually really immersive and fun to me. After doing it a couple times though it gets to be a real chore. Leveling alts through the same content you've already seen is also a chore until flying is unlocked.

    Pathfinder has made it so I switch between characters less often. The character I level with first is my de facto main because of Pathfinder requirements, specifically reputations.

    I think Pathfinder is a good compromise, but really wish they'd remove the time gated reputation requirements, otherwise I think it makes sense.

  5. #345
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    You’re absolutely right, sometimes screaming at the wind feels good. However, it’s pretty clear the devs don’t like content being crushed in days simply because people can fly over all the challenges. They also don’t like having all their hard work just being ignored because it can be bypassed with flying.

    So yeah, go ahead and be upset about it. But, it your waiting for it to change it’s going to be a infinite wait.
    I wouldn't say I'm "waiting" for it to change. I will occasionally post my two cents (Blizzcon was just here, which is why I bothered posting in the first place, otherwise I don't post here much), but otherwise I am enjoying other games.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Leveling with no flying and doing the max level content with no flying is actually really immersive and fun to me. After doing it a couple times though it gets to be a real chore. Leveling alts through the same content you've already seen is also a chore until flying is unlocked.

    Pathfinder has made it so I switch between characters less often. The character I level with first is my de facto main because of Pathfinder requirements, specifically reputations.

    I think Pathfinder is a good compromise, but really wish they'd remove the time gated reputation requirements, otherwise I think it makes sense.
    I don't think anyone is complaining about leveling without flying, it's to be expected (this was the case in tbc wotlk mop, exception being cata).

    But people should be able to fly after hitting max level and finishing loremaster/exploration achiev, by this point you've explored 95% of the world content

  6. #346
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    I don't think anyone is complaining about leveling without flying, it's to be expected (this was the case in tbc wotlk mop, exception being cata).

    But people should be able to fly after hitting max level and finishing loremaster/exploration achiev, by this point you've explored 95% of the world content
    Agreed, after you finish the content part of the expansion you should be able to fly. Having to grind reputation using the same ~4-5 quests on a tiny bit of land that's annoying AF to move around on for two weeks is ridiculous and IMO not really content. I'd be fine if there was a quest chain that was time gated that you had to finish before you could unlock it. Time gated meaning it will release different sections every so often, not that you have to bang your head against a wall for two weeks.

  7. #347
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Agreed, after you finish the content part of the expansion you should be able to fly. Having to grind reputation using the same ~4-5 quests on a tiny bit of land that's annoying AF to move around on for two weeks is ridiculous and IMO not really content. I'd be fine if there was a quest chain that was time gated that you had to finish before you could unlock it. Time gated meaning it will release different sections every so often, not that you have to bang your head against a wall for two weeks.
    Yeah, logging in every day solely to do World Quests isn't my idea of "content".

  8. #348
    "looks like I won't be pre-ordering"

    Lol..
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

  9. #349
    Pit Lord Cidzor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Right behind you
    Posts
    2,296
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    It was never a problem before WOD until Blizzard artificially created a problem RE: flying

    Legion was tolerable since it was a quality expansion (surprise surprise, Ion wasn't in charge back then)
    Wasn't Ion game director in Legion? iirc, he was assistant director for WoD and got promoted to director while Legion was in development. I do remember that the first time I'd ever heard of him was when he made that "there will be no flying, ever again" announcement (not long before the "okay guys, holy shit, here's Pathfinder, please stop unsubscribing" announcement).

    I'm not defending him at all. I'm pro flying, and I strongly disagree with about 95% of what he says when it comes to WoW, especially flying. But I thought he had more decision making authority in Legion than he did in WoD.
    Last edited by Cidzor; 2019-11-04 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    never dick crazy.
    unless they have tentacles and more then 2 eyes.

  10. #350
    Been off a few days, sorry to quote you all at the same time but feel free to just reply to your own reply, or don't, you do you!


    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    For the people who don’t want to fly- don’t use your flying mount.
    Unfortunately that doesn't work when you not using flying doesn't stop the other person you're fighting in Warmode using flying. It leaves you with this kind of BS "gameplay" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VkCUTPTXbM

    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Oh my....
    Your are one of these guys? Really ...

    You don't like flying because people can WQs and LFR?

    Holy.... Sometimes I wish... No... Don't want to get banned... Nvm
    No, I don't mind flying for those things at all. Feel free to read my post and you'll find the reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    It’s cute that you still think flying killed world pvp. Flying didn’t exist in BFA for a year and even with all the warmode/world pvp stuff it still didn’t make a comeback.

    Once again - Blizzard killed world pvp when they introduced BGs and that was long before BC and flying came to be.
    You very obviously didn't play Warmode in BfA, it has, until fying was reintroduced, been amazing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    I'd be happy with that. You wouldn't be. You'd be complaining there's nobody to fight within days.
    Fortunately (or unfortunately, considering how awful it usually makes other things in the game), phasing/sharding will put those of us that use Warmode together regardless of realm. It won't make a difference how few people you think will use it.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2019-11-04 at 05:34 PM.

  11. #351
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Been off a few days, sorry to quote you all at the same time but feel free to just reply to your own reply, or don't, you do you!



    Unfortunately that doesn't work when you not using flying doesn't stop the other person you're fighting in Warmode using flying. It leaves you with this kind of BS "gameplay" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VkCUTPTXbM



    No, I don't mind flying for those things at all. Feel free to read my post and you'll ind the reason.


    You very obviously didn't play Warmode in BfA, it has, until fying was reintroduced, been amazing.


    Fortunately (or unfortunately, considering how awful it usually makes other things in the game), phasing/sharding will put those of us that use Warmode together regardless of realm. It won't make a difference how few people you think will use it.
    Turn WM off.

  12. #352
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Turn WM off.
    Good chat, you very clearly read and understand the issues at hand.

  13. #353
    The Lightbringer Molis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Northeast Ohio
    Posts
    3,032
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

    I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"

    Even Blizzard's most avid fanbase in attendance at Blizzcon was largely unimpressed by this announcement
    Please do not come back. You are what is wrong with WoW not Blizzard.

    I wish they would completely get rid of flying.

  14. #354
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Good chat, you very clearly read and understand the issues at hand.
    If.
    You.
    Don't.
    Want.
    PvP.
    Turn.
    Off.
    Warmode.

    I know, reading is pretty difficult. You want the reward that comes with Warmode? Leave it on. The game can't all be Hello Kitty.

  15. #355
    Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    If.
    You.
    Don't.
    Want.
    PvP.
    Turn.
    Off.
    Warmode.

    I know, reading is pretty difficult. You want the reward that comes with Warmode? Leave it on. The game can't all be Hello Kitty.
    I do want to PvP. You literally haven't read a thing I wrote, have you? Don't worry about replying, you've been given time to re-read it all so I know you'll have caught on by then!

  16. #356
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Leveling with no flying and doing the max level content with no flying is actually really immersive and fun to me. After doing it a couple times though it gets to be a real chore. Leveling alts through the same content you've already seen is also a chore until flying is unlocked.

    Pathfinder has made it so I switch between characters less often. The character I level with first is my de facto main because of Pathfinder requirements, specifically reputations.

    I think Pathfinder is a good compromise, but really wish they'd remove the time gated reputation requirements, otherwise I think it makes sense.
    Reputation should be account bound despite some of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

    At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

  17. #357
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Please do not come back. You are what is wrong with WoW not Blizzard.

    I wish they would completely get rid of flying.
    I would actually be OK with flying being removed entirely if it meant Pathfinder going away

    I absolutely loathe forced rep grinds. Not to mention we have to wait for a year and by the time we can fly it doesn't really matter anymore anyways.

    But they really should just make Pathfinder/Flying available at launch after reaching Max Level and finishing Loremaster/Exploration achiev

  18. #358
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    You very obviously didn't play Warmode in BfA, it has, until fying was reintroduced, been amazing.
    I have actually. It’s a shadow of what it once was. Outside of the one sided quest rewards and whatnot no one turns it on. Blizzard had to add high level rewards just to up participation.

    BGs killed wpvp. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

  19. #359
    Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    He quite clearly got booed but he straight up said "there were boos and cheers". Huh? I only heard boos Ion, wtf?

    Were the cheers coming only from him? lol
    I have the clip...there were no cheers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It was 50/50 proving his point that pathfinder is a compromise.

    Still waiting on the perfect solution from people that isn't "I get what I want fuck the others."
    What compromise? He is essentially saying fuck the pro-flying crowd. How is that any different? The only ones really bitching about it are the wpvp homers, and lets just call that what it is. Arenas, BGs and the push for e-sports killed wpvp. Not flying.

  20. #360
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

    I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"

    Even Blizzard's most avid fanbase in attendance at Blizzcon was largely unimpressed by this announcement
    Oh look..another thread post about PF.
    Nobody cares if you order/don't order. continue to sub/unsub. Simply cause you don't like the PF system. :P

    I for one, like it. That's just me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Makes sense, its the best system to implement flyin afterall.
    I don't know what's worse, WoW or FF 14's flying system. FF you have to do a few quests and search out the aether currents to unlock fying in EACH zone. A few expacs worth of zones gets tiring quick. lol
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •