View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Starscream101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Yea, no. And the fact that you consider ground mounts and flying mounts to be the same in that regard is absolutely absurd. But hey, agree to disagree.
    Im saying before flying i got away on ground mounts and still do in classic so saying flying mounts is what ruined world pvp is total bs

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Oh great, another reason not to buy this garbage expansion.

And to all the people saying to shut up and move on about pathfinder - what? Maybe you should just shut up about class balancing and unpruning of abilities then? Actually shut about everything you don't like! People that pay money for a game should have no say in how it is going to be designed!
    You don't have a say in how it is designed. You NEVER had a say. All your sub entitles you to is access to the game servers. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Kinda disappointed. the game is much more fun when you camp a horde corpse and they can't fly away.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"
    [/URL]
    Source about that BS 1%?

Just because you don't world PVP doesn't mean everyone is like you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    its so fucking easy to fix

allow flying mounts only with Warmode off
    great idea. thumbs up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    great idea. thumbs up.
    Yeah brilliant idea and then warmode dies cause nobody is there.

If not at launch they should move it to 9.1 instead of 9.2

I personally just want to log on and do a few quests so anything that will let me do that faster is better.

I don't really find the game more "fun" when I have to navigate terrain and run through mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    That's unfortunate. I'd much rather flying not exist at all so the game doesn't get ruined a few patches down the line for the sake of the 1% of the playerbase (look, I can pull numbers out my ass too!) who just want to fly and avoid conflict because they're bad or want to do world quests for that upgrade they desperately need to compete in LFR.

Also, yes, people did complain about flying prior to WoD. Maybe you just didn't play the game?

Though considering you won't preorder (you will, we know you will), that means it's more and more likely for them to not have flying in future expansions!

Now for the less sarcastic response: instead of complaining, push for the best of both worlds: DO NOT ALLOW FLYING IN WAR MODE. Simple fix, been saying it since Warmode was announced. Awesome, I know.

You want flying, I want to play the game and be able to WPvP properly; you won't be in Warmode, I will. Seriously just spam blizzard with no flying in Warmode and I won't give a shit if flying is implemented at the start of the expansion because it won't effect me.
    I mean if we go simply go by the number of posts known to be complaining about flying being available early it would be less than 1% of the population. There is and always has been more pressing issues with game content well beyond the skew of flying. It would take a real lot of posts to get 1% of the population of forum posting individuals let alone 1% of the population of players. So I mean yea just saying 1% is pulling numbers out of his ass, but really there isn't and never has been a large number of flying complaints. The chances are you can find more evidence of people asking for easier access to flying or wondering why we couldn't fly in the ghostlands when you could everywhere else.

Flying should unlock instantly when you hit max level. This way immersion is not ruined and its not too late so people are not pissed.

But it wont happen since flying achievements are made to force people to resub and lower the pace at which people consume content.

No to instantly available at max level: pathfinder is a good system. But as above in the poll mentioned: It should be available at release. When you reach pathfinder, mean you have Loremaster, Explorer AND Diplomat, then you should be able to fly. Not instantly at 60, but when you reached this goal like we had it before. Flying should be available at start, but you need to do something for it.

One exception for maybe NO FLYING at all: the maw.

Patch content should have it's own loremaster, or no flying at all.

This game can be pretty unbearable without flying depending on the whims of the developers. Nazjatar is a prime example. You can't go anywhere on the ground without being dazed off your mount and forced to fight several enemies that pull several more enemies. And the developers overloaded those enemies with annoying mechanics like rooting you for 8 seconds, or constantly interrupting your casts with a 4 second lockout.

On the other hand, Argus was great. The first trip I made through Krokuun was incredible and memorable. Being able to fly there would have cheapened it. And the devs were considerate to add teleporters around the zones so flying needn't be missed.

I'm fine with Pathfinder and timegating as long as they make the ground gameplay more enjoyable than flying over it.

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    This isnt about complainers,the blizzard art team has started doing some amazing zones in these last expansions,and they simply want us to experience the world from a grounded design,simple as that,unless the zone philosophy changes,like it was in wrath where it was made for flying,and most of it was just big empty spaces,we wont be seeing it go away
    If you have to force someone to "appreciate" your work, then your work isn't worth appreciating.

The problem with the concept of trying to ensure that everyone spends time "appreciating" the art or devs' work by arbitrarily limiting gameplay and player enjoyment is....there's not a kind word for it. Short-sighted, arrogant, narcissistic, etc.

I have serious doubts that this is the reason why Blizzard is limiting flight. It's far more likely to do with MAUs or other engagement figures, and psychological manipulation by increasing time played, and thus emotional and financial investment. On top of that, of course, is of course, streamlining the development process by using a more simplistic open world formula.

Well, we'll see what happens. I suspect that it will go down pretty similar to previous expansions. There will be an initial spike of sales at launch, based on hype, followed by a steep decline, and a steady drop off. People are sick of the same ol same ol. No matter how much Blizzard changes the class design and game mechanics to supposedly boost player agency, if all there is to use it on is the same garbage, fatigue sets in and they unsub.

If I had to guess, this played a MASSIVE role in how many people went to Classic; if only just to get something different from retail.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Then they should make better content!

Sorry, I just don't buy this line about the devs getting sore about players not appreciating their genius. If you have to force someone to have their face rubbed in your work, then your work is shit.
    It's not though, compared to other MMO games the zones of WoW are quite nice.

I've been playing FFXIV for 4 years now and I have to say the zones are the least interesting to me. Bland looking without much color and most look the sameish.

No matter how amazing the zones look, people would just choose flying anyday because people are just lazy. I'd be up for removing pathfinder, as long as they make sure you don't need flying to traverse the zones. I wanna have the option to go anywhere I want on foot/mount.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    That is untrue.

A lot of players hated the implementation of flying from the get go, as it had a huge impact on World PvP and overall immersion, especially coming out of Vanilla where meeting up at Kargath and moving as a guild towards Blackrock Mountain was a thing, with huge battles and rivalries between guilds (which is a big thing on Classic again, go figure), to a... "fly straight inside the raid" setting that completely destroyed that aspect of the game.

Flying sucks. It's convenient and speeds up people's activities, but it's horrendous to the game, and has been since day 1 of its implementation, so again, its untrue that you state that it wasn't a 'thing' back then.

Either you were ignorant about the fact... and i don't understand why you'd mention it, or you're straight up being deceitful in order to fool people that probably don't know better. Both suck.
    World PVP was dead after battlegrounds came out in vanilla.

Blizzard tried to "save" it by releasing the Towers in EPL and sand turn-ins in Silithus but they were mostly a flop and no one did them. This was all back in vanilla pre-flying.

So yeah, flying didn't really hurt WPVP much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arakakao View Post
    The video has been removed. Did you download it?

They already do this!

Also, how about just give us flying like it was from BC to Pandaria? Pay gold at max level, there, done.
    Nope didn't DL

summary: Blizzard says "lol get ready for pathfinder". massive boos erupt from the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by rips View Post
    its so fucking easy to fix

allow flying mounts only with Warmode off
    Actually, it might be much better if they make flying mounts only work as a reward for having warmode on.

- - - Updated - - -

summary: Blizzard says "lol get ready for pathfinder". massive boos erupt from the crowd
    Not really. There were just as many people cheering it on.

Such as I.

Keep pathfinder as it is. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    Actually, it might be much better if they make flying mounts only work as a reward for having warmode on.

- - - Updated - - -

Not really. There were just as many people cheering it on.

Such as I.

Keep pathfinder as it is. Thanks.
    People (including Ion) who thought there was actually cheering are delusional. There was no "cheering". There were loud boos, and some frustrated groans underneath that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rochana View Post
    A tool to circumvent PvP can only be used in PvP mode? Seems backwards..

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Kinda disappointed. the game is much more fun when you camp a horde corpse and they can't fly away.

- - - Updated - - -

Source about that BS 1%?

Just because you don't world PVP doesn't mean everyone is like you.

- - - Updated - - -

great idea. thumbs up.
    if world pvp was fixed a la pathfinder, explain war mode and bfa. clearly it wasnt the problem.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"

Even Blizzard's most avid fanbase in attendance at Blizzcon was largely unimpressed by this announcement
    Lol, every expansion we get your lot crawling out of their holes to cry about flying and how much you deserve it.
    When you say you won't be pre ordering or won't be playing due to something as stupid as pathfinder and not being able to fly, you sound like an entitled child who needed more beatings growing up.
    Good riddance, got play fortnite

Even Blizzard's most avid fanbase in attendance at Blizzcon was largely unimpressed by this announcement
    such a crybaby. WHO CARES! Pathfinder is the best compromise. quit crying already

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Lol, every expansion we get your lot crawling out of their holes to cry about flying and how much you deserve it.
    When you say you won't be pre ordering or won't be playing due to something as stupid as pathfinder and not being able to fly, you sound like an entitled child who needed more beatings growing up.
    Good riddance, got play fortnite
    100% facts lol

- - - Updated - - -

People (including Ion) who thought there was actually cheering are delusional. There was no "cheering". There were loud boos, and some frustrated groans underneath that.
    wrong there was definite cheering along with Boos. I personally would never want it to go away. stop being a lazy f*** and do the requirements

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Over a year? Jesus, how slow do you rep farm.. If you start now, you can have it rather fast.
    The ability to fly in Battle for Azeroth didn't come out until over a year after it released, that's what they meant.

If you start now "rather fast" is not really an accurate descriptor. It takes 2 weeks at least, for the rep grind for Nazjatar and Mechagon, and those are just part of the pieces needed for Part 2 of Pathfinder...you would still need to get Part 1 of Pathfinder which would take a while. It's not THAT long, but I wouldn't call it fast either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MrDaemon View Post
    Flying should unlock instantly when you hit max level. This way immersion is not ruined and its not too late so people are not pissed.

But it wont happen since flying achievements are made to force people to resub and lower the pace at which people consume content.
    I see what you're trying to say, but there's still a huge amount of content to consume once you hit max level, and there's also no guarantee that you've seen all of the content just by hitting max level.

Pathfinder as a concept I think is fine, but they should split it up and remove the rep grinds. Keep the multiple parts, so that as new zones get introduced you can be grounded, but also allow the zones you've already seen and experienced to be unlocked via Pathfinder and not be artificially time gated behind a rep grind.