View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. You may not vote on this poll
  • Remove pathfinder

    83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

    208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

    138 32.17%
Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ...
18
26
27
28
29
30
LastLast
  1. #541
    Herald of the Titans ercarp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Icecrown
    Posts
    2,927
    How are people still complaining about this?

    "Oh no, I can't fly at launch and skip all the content! Looks like I won't be pre-ordering!"

  2. #542
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    How are people still complaining about this?

    "Oh no, I can't fly at launch and skip all the content! Looks like I won't be pre-ordering!"
    That is one of the dumbest pseudo arguments you could hear. I can skip content by simply not doing it regardless if flying is enabled or not.
    Running away from mobs on the ground is also possible, i prefer to stun and walk away from anything that manages to dismount me than to engage in combat.
    Fly paths and whistle does that too.

    In mechagon we had jetpack. In nazjatar we had deepcoral bud, skipped everything I didn't need for Q.

    In fact, Im not interested in anything other than dungeons and raids until flying is enabled. Why would I? Doing some fun stuff in open world is much better with flying.

  3. #543
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is one of the dumbest pseudo arguments you could hear. I can skip content by simply not doing it regardless if flying is enabled or not.
    Running away from mobs on the ground is also possible, i prefer to stun and walk away from anything that manages to dismount me than to engage in combat.
    Fly paths and whistle does that too.

    In mechagon we had jetpack. In nazjatar we had deepcoral bud, skipped everything I didn't need for Q.

    In fact, Im not interested in anything other than dungeons and raids until flying is enabled. Why would I? Doing some fun stuff in open world is much better with flying.
    Yeah, retail wow is old and tired at this point. Having played since 2005, and having flying since TBC (what was that again? 2007?), I don't really want to play anymore if I have to deal with tedious bullshit / no flying.

  4. #544
    Slight necro but whatever... I think this is the expansion where they bring back Pathfinder and finally opinion swings 100% against it and everyone admits that it sucks, then it's gone next expansion. They should remove it not to stay ahead of the negativity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    It's not supposed to be fun, we are not in 2009. It's supposed to be frustrating and keep you hooked longer.

  5. #545
    Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    That is one of the dumbest pseudo arguments you could hear. I can skip content by simply not doing it regardless if flying is enabled or not.
    Running away from mobs on the ground is also possible, i prefer to stun and walk away from anything that manages to dismount me than to engage in combat.
    Fly paths and whistle does that too.

    In mechagon we had jetpack. In nazjatar we had deepcoral bud, skipped everything I didn't need for Q.

    In fact, Im not interested in anything other than dungeons and raids until flying is enabled. Why would I? Doing some fun stuff in open world is much better with flying.
    Kaminaris: Doing stuff in the open world is fun with flying I don’t want anything to do with the open world without flying.

    Also Kaminaris: I skip over everything that is not exsactly my current quest when I have flying.

  6. #546
    I don't really mind pathfinder. I'd prefer if it were available right from the start maybe, but the way it is now is also fine.

  7. #547
    I am Murloc! Zuben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    5,971
    Pathfinder is still fine, but playing through Nazjatar I feel the required grind should be more palatable. Nazjatar is such a shithole.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

  8. #548
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    He literally says while it's happening that there's more boo.
    Doesn't change the fact he also got cheers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    It how all systems are nowdays.

    But i dont rly care either way. As long as I don't have to wait. My one and only wish for shadowlands is that content isnt needlessly gated. Its all i dare ask for at this point..
    Except it doesn't. There isn't any content that gives you relevant rewards for waiting two years to do it.

  9. #549
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Doesn't change the fact he also got cheers.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Except it doesn't. There isn't any content that gives you relevant rewards for waiting two years to do it.
    Whos talking about 2 years? What are you smoking now?
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

  10. #550
    I don't mind pathfinder, just don't make it timegated till one of the latest patches.

  11. #551
    Quote Originally Posted by Niffo View Post
    I don't mind pathfinder, just don't make it timegated till one of the latest patches.
    This. I'd rather have Pathfinder part 1 unlock flying in launch content and then have patch content zone flying unlocked separately with part 2 than have Pathfinder 1 and 2 unlock flying in both launch content and 9.1/9.2 content like it did in BfA.

  12. #552
    I would be fine with pathdfinder if it was granted right after getting the loremaster of each zone.

  13. #553
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Whos talking about 2 years? What are you smoking now?
    THe idea was to give flying away for gold after the next expansion hits. That is rewarding players for not doing the content for 2 years.

  14. #554
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Makes sense, its the best system to implement flyin afterall.
    no idiot, the best system to implement flying was, you level to max level and then have to buy like cold weather flying or something to that affect.
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

    If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

  15. #555
    You forgot the best option - remove flying in current content completely.

    Short of the best option - having people at least have to complete some of the current content first seems like a reasonable compromise.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

  16. #556
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

    Short of the best option - having people at least have to complete some of the current content first seems like a reasonable compromise.
    That's what we have now.
    That plus 6 to 11 months of wait time on top.

  17. #557
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's what we have now.
    Indeed, not as good has having no flying in current content - but one can't have everything.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

  18. #558
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed, not as good has having no flying in current content - but one can't have everything.
    I mean by the time flying is unlocked, 8.0 (or in this case 9.0) content is hardly relevant anymore other than the occasional 4 world quests for the emissary boxes.

  19. #559
    I would remove the rep gate.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

  20. #560
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I mean by the time flying is unlocked, 8.0 (or in this case 9.0) content is hardly relevant anymore other than the occasional 4 world quests for the emissary boxes.
    Because it is account wide - it is still useful for those that don't like playing the game, so there is still some benefit for them.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I would remove the rep gate.
    Why - there is almost no effort required in the reputation side of it, because it doesn't require exalted and because rep doesn't need any grind these days - the rep is a trivial requirement.

    Not everyone exposed to the new Corona Virus(SARS-CoV-2) will catch it, not everyone who catches it will develop the disease (COVID-19), not everyone who develops the disease will get sick, a small percentage of those who get sick will be very ill, and a small percentage of those who get very ill will die.

    Don't panic.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •