View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 28 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Indeed, not as good has having no flying in current content - but one can't have everything.
    I mean by the time flying is unlocked, 8.0 (or in this case 9.0) content is hardly relevant anymore other than the occasional 4 world quests for the emissary boxes.

I would remove the rep gate.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I mean by the time flying is unlocked, 8.0 (or in this case 9.0) content is hardly relevant anymore other than the occasional 4 world quests for the emissary boxes.
    Because it is account wide - it is still useful for those that don't like playing the game, so there is still some benefit for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I would remove the rep gate.
    Why - there is almost no effort required in the reputation side of it, because it doesn't require exalted and because rep doesn't need any grind these days - the rep is a trivial requirement.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I want flying gone completely.

Pathfinder is a compromise. It's not perfect but it's something. Before the system was implemented, there was a poll that showed around 50% of players wanted flying and 50% were happy that it was gonna be removed in WoD. I hope it stays as is but if it were to be nerfed in favor of flying, us no flying players are gonna complain/riot/quit again till Blizzard changes it again.

That being said, a system I'd be willing to accept would be flying made less convenient. Ex. mounts need fuel that costs a lot of gold, no hovering(you have to keep moving forward), flak cannons everywhere. Well basically anything that makes flying less convenient or more difficult than riding but faster so you'd have the option to choose between 2 viable traveling methods and not be forced to fly if you wanna be practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Kaminaris: Doing stuff in the open world is fun with flying I don’t want anything to do with the open world without flying.

Also Kaminaris: I skip over everything that is not exsactly my current quest when I have flying.
    Comprehension is hard I see?
    Check bolded part, this is entirely incorrect assumption that came in from your lack of understanding.

Doing random shit in open world with flying is NOT fun.
    But doing stuff that I consider fun in open world is just better with flying.

Now you understand the difference?

If not, another example.

World quests are not fun, flying or not (for me).
    Secrets/battle pets are fun, but with flying they are even better.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    THe idea was to give flying away for gold after the next expansion hits. That is rewarding players for not doing the content for 2 years.
    No,
    Imo, pathfinder shouldve been availible right away as a reward for reaching exalted with all the factions. (and later in a .1 patch nerfed to only require revered so that new players arent forced to grind too much old content).

As with almost every other aspect of wow, its the timegating that annoys me. Not the grind. Im happy to grind, i hate waiting thou..
    Thats the original message you responed to. Nowhere is a 2year waiting for getting flying for gold mentioned.
    None of us really changes over time. We only become more fully what we are.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean I hate the Pathfinder achievement as much as you and pretty much everybody else but if you seriously thought they were not going to add it in Shadowlands then you must not have been paying attention these past years. The Pathfinder achievement will be how you fly in new expansions now and for the foreseeable future. You're just going to have to get used to it, unfortunately.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    Pathfinder is still fine, but playing through Nazjatar I feel the required grind should be more palatable. Nazjatar is such a shithole.
    Nazjatar killed my interest in Pathfinder, if they design content like that again, I'll demand mounts from day 1.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Grubenwolf View Post
    I mean I hate the Pathfinder achievement as much as you and pretty much everybody else but if you seriously thought they were not going to add it in Shadowlands then you must not have been paying attention these past years. The Pathfinder achievement will be how you fly in new expansions now and for the foreseeable future. You're just going to have to get used to it, unfortunately.
    No i won't , I've stopped playing

Too many other games that are actually enjoyable

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"

Even Blizzard's most avid fanbase in attendance at Blizzcon was largely unimpressed by this announcement
    I wish Pathfinder would just go away, the fact is the only thing they solved with this is to make reasonable if you were playing in TBC again with gold being a bit more difficult to come by. I mean the only complaint people really had about flying was max level players dropping on your head to gank you, so the honest solution is allow flying in the expansion not at a level. Then there was the cost complaint, which most people didn't really complain about it being expensive but more were complaining that they sucked at making gold.

Then they decided to give in and sell 310% instead of it being an award, then suddenly they took flying and locked it behind achievement when forcing us to walk was straight up hated.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Slight necro but whatever... I think this is the expansion where they bring back Pathfinder and finally opinion swings 100% against it and everyone admits that it sucks, then it's gone next expansion. They should remove it not to stay ahead of the negativity.
    I can state with certainty it will not be 100%. I do not mind Pathfinder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bera View Post
    In Wotlk and in many ways in TBC they designed areas and zones around your higher level expectancy to have flying. Blades Edge,Netherstorm,Stormpeaks and in some ways Ice crown. Flying was meaningful and gaining access to it was important. This artificial 4th wall "limit to your abilities for the sake of basking in our art" has no in game explanation and in Ice crown and TBC all we needed was to reach the level to train it. FLYING ADDED TO THE ART and the EXPERIENCE of the game.

Now people want to fly because of how easy and swift it is, to save time, its no longer actually designed as integral to the experience. Pathfinder is a poor excuse of a solution to their desire to force us to the ground to interact.

They should get back to the content where flying is needed, where WE AS THE HEROES of AZEROTH have flying mounts. They should stop making WoW into a phone game that is time gated.
    hey Bera,
    former EP member here. You still play man? -"heal Bera!"
    I had a shaman in TBC named Fujo, and Hunter in Vanilla named Redwinters. I am friends of Surishka NE warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by speedlimit View Post
    hey Bera,
    former EP member here. You still play man? -"heal Bera!"
    I had a shaman in TBC named Fujo, and Hunter in Vanilla named Redwinters. I am friends of Surishka NE warrior.
    My god, the pointless bump. Private messages exist for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by THEORACLE64 View Post
    wow what an absurd bump indeed.

They exist for a reason yes, and being a 10 YeAr MeMbEr, you should know that new members can not send private messages until after 10 posts.

They exist for a reason yes, and being a 10 YeAr MeMbEr, you should know that new members can not send private messages until after 10 posts.

i can't do private messages since i need 10 posts before i can do it. im one of those obnoxious players who cant wait.

15+ Year Old Account
    Pathfinding is the cancer that the current World of Warcraft is built upon. It is the last Old God and will be the final boss of the game. Remove flying completely in the current expansion and only allow it when the next expansion is out. Solved. Flying had a purpose for TBC based on the world design. It no longer serves that. Increase ground mount speed and move on or design the zone around flying and allow it but only for that zone.

I feel strongly about this despite it being a necrolord bump.
    Last edited by Malania; 2020-10-23 at 04:46 PM.

I am fine with because its just now built into your natural game play you dont have to go out of your way to do it .

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    As long as it’s not time gated or gated behind a reputation I agree.
    i mean we havent seen a part 1 yet

im guessing it will be gated behind covenants this time around