View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Agreed, after you finish the content part of the expansion you should be able to fly. Having to grind reputation using the same ~4-5 quests on a tiny bit of land that's annoying AF to move around on for two weeks is ridiculous and IMO not really content. I'd be fine if there was a quest chain that was time gated that you had to finish before you could unlock it. Time gated meaning it will release different sections every so often, not that you have to bang your head against a wall for two weeks.
    Yeah, logging in every day solely to do World Quests isn't my idea of "content".

"looks like I won't be pre-ordering"

Lol..
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post
    It was never a problem before WOD until Blizzard artificially created a problem RE: flying

Legion was tolerable since it was a quality expansion (surprise surprise, Ion wasn't in charge back then)
    Wasn't Ion game director in Legion? iirc, he was assistant director for WoD and got promoted to director while Legion was in development. I do remember that the first time I'd ever heard of him was when he made that "there will be no flying, ever again" announcement (not long before the "okay guys, holy shit, here's Pathfinder, please stop unsubscribing" announcement).

I'm not defending him at all. I'm pro flying, and I strongly disagree with about 95% of what he says when it comes to WoW, especially flying. But I thought he had more decision making authority in Legion than he did in WoD.
    Last edited by avitush; 2019-11-04 at 05:51 PM.

Been off a few days, sorry to quote you all at the same time but feel free to just reply to your own reply, or don't, you do you!

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    For the people who don’t want to fly- don’t use your flying mount.
    Unfortunately that doesn't work when you not using flying doesn't stop the other person you're fighting in Warmode using flying. It leaves you with this kind of BS "gameplay" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VkCUTPTXbM

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Oh my....
    Your are one of these guys? Really ...

You don't like flying because people can WQs and LFR?

Holy.... Sometimes I wish... No... Don't want to get banned... Nvm
    No, I don't mind flying for those things at all. Feel free to read my post and you'll find the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    It’s cute that you still think flying killed world pvp. Flying didn’t exist in BFA for a year and even with all the warmode/world pvp stuff it still didn’t make a comeback.

Once again - Blizzard killed world pvp when they introduced BGs and that was long before BC and flying came to be.
    You very obviously didn't play Warmode in BfA, it has, until fying was reintroduced, been amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deamon002 View Post
    I'd be happy with that. You wouldn't be. You'd be complaining there's nobody to fight within days.
    Fortunately (or unfortunately, considering how awful it usually makes other things in the game), phasing/sharding will put those of us that use Warmode together regardless of realm. It won't make a difference how few people you think will use it.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2019-11-04 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Been off a few days, sorry to quote you all at the same time but feel free to just reply to your own reply, or don't, you do you!

Unfortunately that doesn't work when you not using flying doesn't stop the other person you're fighting in Warmode using flying. It leaves you with this kind of BS "gameplay" - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VkCUTPTXbM

No, I don't mind flying for those things at all. Feel free to read my post and you'll ind the reason.

You very obviously didn't play Warmode in BfA, it has, until fying was reintroduced, been amazing.

Fortunately (or unfortunately, considering how awful it usually makes other things in the game), phasing/sharding will put those of us that use Warmode together regardless of realm. It won't make a difference how few people you think will use it.
    Turn WM off.

Turn WM off.
    Good chat, you very clearly read and understand the issues at hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"

Even Blizzard's most avid fanbase in attendance at Blizzcon was largely unimpressed by this announcement
    Please do not come back. You are what is wrong with WoW not Blizzard.

I wish they would completely get rid of flying.

Good chat, you very clearly read and understand the issues at hand.
    If.
    You.
    Don't.
    Want.
    PvP.
    Turn.
    Off.
    Warmode.

I know, reading is pretty difficult. You want the reward that comes with Warmode? Leave it on. The game can't all be Hello Kitty.

If.
    You.
    Don't.
    Want.
    PvP.
    Turn.
    Off.
    Warmode.

I know, reading is pretty difficult. You want the reward that comes with Warmode? Leave it on. The game can't all be Hello Kitty.
    I do want to PvP. You literally haven't read a thing I wrote, have you? Don't worry about replying, you've been given time to re-read it all so I know you'll have caught on by then!

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Leveling with no flying and doing the max level content with no flying is actually really immersive and fun to me. After doing it a couple times though it gets to be a real chore. Leveling alts through the same content you've already seen is also a chore until flying is unlocked.

Pathfinder has made it so I switch between characters less often. The character I level with first is my de facto main because of Pathfinder requirements, specifically reputations.

I think Pathfinder is a good compromise, but really wish they'd remove the time gated reputation requirements, otherwise I think it makes sense.
    Reputation should be account bound despite some of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Please do not come back. You are what is wrong with WoW not Blizzard.

I wish they would completely get rid of flying.
    I would actually be OK with flying being removed entirely if it meant Pathfinder going away

I absolutely loathe forced rep grinds. Not to mention we have to wait for a year and by the time we can fly it doesn't really matter anymore anyways.

But they really should just make Pathfinder/Flying available at launch after reaching Max Level and finishing Loremaster/Exploration achiev

I have actually. It’s a shadow of what it once was. Outside of the one sided quest rewards and whatnot no one turns it on. Blizzard had to add high level rewards just to up participation.

BGs killed wpvp. End of story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Flower Milk View Post
    He quite clearly got booed but he straight up said "there were boos and cheers". Huh? I only heard boos Ion, wtf?

Were the cheers coming only from him? lol
    I have the clip...there were no cheers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It was 50/50 proving his point that pathfinder is a compromise.

Still waiting on the perfect solution from people that isn't "I get what I want fuck the others."
    What compromise? He is essentially saying fuck the pro-flying crowd. How is that any different? The only ones really bitching about it are the wpvp homers, and lets just call that what it is. Arenas, BGs and the push for e-sports killed wpvp. Not flying.

Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"

Even Blizzard's most avid fanbase in attendance at Blizzcon was largely unimpressed by this announcement
    Oh look..another thread post about PF.
    Nobody cares if you order/don't order. continue to sub/unsub. Simply cause you don't like the PF system. :P

I for one, like it. That's just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Makes sense, its the best system to implement flyin afterall.
    I don't know what's worse, WoW or FF 14's flying system. FF you have to do a few quests and search out the aether currents to unlock fying in EACH zone. A few expacs worth of zones gets tiring quick. lol
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

It was never a problem before WOD until Blizzard artificially created a problem RE: flying

Legion was tolerable since it was a quality expansion (surprise surprise, Ion wasn't in charge back then)

BFA was horrible and drove me to quit in the first 1-2 months.

Shadowlands addresses some problems (RNG, Leveling, Class pruning), but looks underwhelming in the story department. Also very little news about PVP which is my main interest. I did not feel excited about the expansion at all even before the pathfinder announcement in Q/A.

Pathfinder is just the last straw, there are plenty of other reasons for me not to play.

Having access to flying would just make the game more tolerable
    how do you know how the story would be when they havent said a thing about it.
    all we know is sylvanas is there and we will see people from the past.
    And if pvp is your main interest, then wouldnt you just do pvp shit instead of being in the world questing anyway?

pathfinder is a good thing. Gives you something to work for cause it would either be that, remove flying or they wouldnt let you fly till a specific patch when the exp is almost done.

Sure i agree the pathfinder should be doable completely till the time we get x.1 patch. But still so far using FPs and mounts and where the quests are etc hasne been a problem since wod/cata and very few places in mop. So ground mounts and using fp is no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickinator View Post
    how do you know how the story would be when they havent said a thing about it.
    all we know is sylvanas is there and we will see people from the past.
    And if pvp is your main interest, then wouldnt you just do pvp shit instead of being in the world questing anyway?

pathfinder is a good thing. Gives you something to work for cause it would either be that, remove flying or they wouldnt let you fly till a specific patch when the exp is almost done.

Sure i agree the pathfinder should be doable completely till the time we get x.1 patch. But still so far using FPs and mounts and where the quests are etc hasne been a problem since wod/cata and very few places in mop. So ground mounts and using fp is no problem.
    Pathfinder is gated by too many steps (rep) over too long (a year)

should just be loremaster + exploration at max level = done

Time to beat this dead horse again for another few years. ¬_¬

Ok, keep it as it is, but add it after the first content patch for fuck sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Evilfish View Post
    Ok, keep it as it is, but add it after the first content patch for fuck sake.
    exactly this

People complained that flying made the world feel small. Now people are complaining that it’s inconvenient.

Honestly, I enjoy being forced to use ground mounts because then they’re actually relevant since they still add them to the game. Admittedly, grinding for Pathfinder is the most un-fun garbage of a chore, but I accept it and enjoy the time leading up to it.