View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 1 of 38
... LastLast

Pathfinder returns for Shadowlands

Q: How is flying going to work in Shadowlands?
    A: Shadowlands will use the same system as Legion and BfA for unlocking flying.
    Looks like I won't be preordering.

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"

Even Blizzard's most avid fanbase in attendance at Blizzcon was largely unimpressed by this announcement
    Last edited by Frosteye; 2019-11-04 at 02:41 AM.

An lets start the same discussion for the one millionth time. They won't change it. Get over it.

I would prefer to be able to fly right away. But don't mind if I don't to be honest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post

I'm sick of this garbage. Literally nobody complained before WOD about flying except like 1% of World PVPers, and another 1% of avid roleplayers who claimed "Muh immersion!"

Buh-bye. Won’t miss you.

I mean seriously, why not just...I dunno...enjoy the fucking game and have fun instead of bitching about not flying instantly.

Jesus, you fuckers want everything given to you at the start.
    Last edited by Mighty Parrot; 2019-11-02 at 09:37 PM.

That's unfortunate. I'd much rather flying not exist at all so the game doesn't get ruined a few patches down the line for the sake of the 1% of the playerbase (look, I can pull numbers out my ass too!) who just want to fly and avoid conflict because they're bad or want to do world quests for that upgrade they desperately need to compete in LFR.

Also, yes, people did complain about flying prior to WoD. Maybe you just didn't play the game?

Though considering you won't preorder (you will, we know you will), that means it's more and more likely for them to not have flying in future expansions!

Now for the less sarcastic response: instead of complaining, push for the best of both worlds: DO NOT ALLOW FLYING IN WAR MODE. Simple fix, been saying it since Warmode was announced. Awesome, I know.

You want flying, I want to play the game and be able to WPvP properly; you won't be in Warmode, I will. Seriously just spam blizzard with no flying in Warmode and I won't give a shit if flying is implemented at the start of the expansion because it won't effect me.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2019-11-02 at 09:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense, its the best system to implement flyin afterall.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

7+ Year Old Account
    I could not care if it existed or not

its so fucking easy to fix

allow flying mounts only with Warmode off

10+ Year Old Account
    It would've been cool if they said fuck it,flying from the get go in the afterlife! And designed the areas for it.

I love when one of the classic fan boys starts crying about how retail has no flying from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    That's unfortunate. I'd much rather flying not exist at all so the game doesn't get ruined a few patches down the line.

Though considering you won't preorder (you will, we know you will), that means it's more and more likely for them to not have flying in future expansions!
    Actually haven't played BFA in ages (and haven't felt compelled to) , so at this point it's easy to just keep not playing.

I would be OK with flying being removed entirely if they stuck to their guns, I just hate having it dangled over my face with a bunch of stupid tedious rep grinds that are time-gated over a year. Of course I much prefer they just go back to the TBC/WOTLK/CATA/MOP formula where you just buy flying at max level, would be simpler and please more people that way.

I play WoW for raiding/arena/RBGs/occasional WPVP, not to spam world quests every 18 hours.

I dislike it, but honestly, I do not mind couple of months running around. It indeed does show the world better. But if that takes too long plus the grind added, no, that is what I dislike.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosteye View Post

I have FUCKING WINGS ON MY BACK and I can't fly with them. I'm not crying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhat disappointing but not that big of a deal tbh.

I just hope they’ll stop placing mobs on or right next to the roads, so we can ride to at least the general proximity of our destinations without getting dismounted by trivial mobs all the time, then i won’t care as much about flying...

Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Parrot View Post
    Buh-bye. Won’t miss you.

I mean seriously, why not just...I dunno...enjoy the fucking game and have fun instead of bitching about not flying instantly.

Jesus, you fuckers want everything given to you at the start.
    Because removing flying makes the game tedious, and therefore un-fun.

They said 1,000 times that they like the Pathfinder system and that they're not going to change it. Stop making threads about it.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrihm View Post
    They said 1,000 times that they like the Pathfinder system and that they're not going to change it. Stop making threads about it.
    What they like and what the players like are often not the same. Perhaps a big reason why the subs have absolutely fucking plummeted is them doing what "they like" exclusively?

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish they would design zones with flying in mind again, like Storm Peaks, but I've never really minded the pathfinder system to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Makes sense, its the best system to implement flyin afterall.
    As long as it’s not time gated or gated behind a reputation I agree.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again