View Poll Results: What would you like seen done with Pathfinder?

Voters
429. This poll is closed
  • Remove pathfinder

83 19.35%
  • Keep Pathfinder but remove the time-gating (available at launch)

208 48.48%
  • Pathfinder is fine as-is

138 32.17%
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    This is the reason i don't play wow. I'll just watch the videos then. It's not fun without a flying mount. I earned that back in bc.
    BC is coming to classic. Maybe you can play there, but you didn't earn it in SL. You earned it for Vanilla and BC zones then.

pathfinder only for war mode please. (i mean,you need have the pathfinder metaA. for can fly with war mode on)

no war mode flying since begining.thanks.why?because i dont like the unbalanced outdoor pvp,and i want fly since begining for do all fast and without any unbalanced-pvpproblem,of course.
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-11-06 at 12:16 PM.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Players will rush regardelss.
    Some players, sure. And that is 100% fine, but also 100% irrelevant.

The point of time gating isn't to prevent players from rushing. It's to prevent players from feeling forced to rush. Those are two very different things.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    Trying to rephrase this argument as being about taking away options is a strawman. No one is suggesting taking away any options.

When the options are to do what is most fun or do what is most expedient to get ahead, then that isn't a choice at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing is stopping anyone from rushing if they choose to do so. I am simply advocating not compelling everyone to rush. In other words, the choice of whether to rush through content, or take it nice and slowly, should be decoupled from the desire to get flying quicker.
    You can choose not to fly and use only ground mounts. The option to fly dont impact you, because you can choose not to use that option.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    So you hate Vanilla. Because that's pretty much exactly what attunements were. Oh and the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj too.

- - - Updated - - -

So you're not able to use ground mounts?
    How's that relevant? I was responding to hatred on modes of transport.
    Also a ground mount is not gonna let you experience the entirety of the world, no.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Still blows my mind how people think not being able to fly stops you from rushing the content, how does spending 2 minutes on a ground mount instead of 30 seconds on a flying mount make you take your time with the game? doing what exactly, enjoying the scenery for the millionth time? do people purposely go slower just to take in how incredible the textures look or something? honestly never understood that.

Personally I think they should let everyone fly a few months into an expansion without the grind, after 3 months of SL I'm sure people don't need to literally walk through zones to "not rush the content LULZ".

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    It also gives people 363 reasons to complain about any of the points in between
    But at least it gives the anti-flying patrol 363 days to walk along the same paths in the same zone doing the same world quests on the same character just to "not rush the content" and if they do it twice that's 726 times just for 2 characters but man the textures do look great!

Then flying comes around and they complain about being forced to fly because it's faster even though they looked forward to another 726 times of walking along the same paths doing the same world quests but instead have to "rush the content" as flying makes ground mounts obsolete. Don't you just love it?

Just remove Pathfinder already.

And remove flying as well.

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post

That will only happend if they ever stop making expansions that (unless your using profession or are a DH) is always inaccesiable places to reach for every other class.

And they will never ever do that, see the past 4+ expansions.

Quote Originally Posted by oblakoff View Post

They should remove mounts period so we run around everywhere, that way the content lasts even longer and we don't rush anything as it will take us half the day to finish our dailies.

I really hope they do pathfinder different than how they did for BFA.

Nobody I know found it fun to not be able to get it after reaching max level, having to wait through a rep/time-gated slow system,

Quote Originally Posted by Naoto View Post
    They should remove mounts period so we run around everywhere, that way the content lasts even longer and we don't rush anything as it will take us half the day to finish our dailies.
    Also, no speed increasing class abilities like Ghost Wolf or Sprint, and slow walk is the default with no way to run. Immerse thyself!

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    This 100%. Was cool in WoD, passable in Legion (Suramar was good), awful in BFA (Nazjatar *shudders*), and is looking even worse in Shadowlands. The Maw is going to burn out so many players going for pathfinder its not even funny.
    I hated far more Mechagon than Nazjatar.

I really don't care if we have flying or not.

I mean sure, I'd like to fly instead of crawling everywhere, but not enough to cause drama over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    I really hope they do pathfinder different than how they did for BFA.

Nobody I know found it fun to not be able to get it after reaching max level, having to wait through a rep/time-gated slow system,
    In fact, pathfinder idea is good.

Implementation is, as usual, bad. Especially the rep part. Not because of rep itself but because there’s no way to get to revered with only questing or amazing chains like Suramar (that did not get to revered anyways, sadly), but it’s all about dailies and emissaries. Some factions have also to be carried from neutral to revered with dailies or emissaries only.

I am not totally against time gating, but the rep part has to go away or they have to make players reach the required status in other ways than dailies and emissaries.

Also, on a side note, when you reach revered or exalted the gear you can buy has totally outdated stats and since reps are char bound you can’t even buy them with alts to ease the leveling process or immediately get a decent ilvl after having reached max level.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    What they like and what the players like are often not the same. Perhaps a big reason why the subs have absolutely fucking plummeted is them doing what "they like" exclusively?
    Except the subs for bfa is higher than its ever been in the games history. I am not talking about people playing classic. Only the subs who play bfa. So you are wrong

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I tried to find the Pathfinder Part 1 achievement in game (live) but it's not there yet

Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    In fact, pathfinder idea is good.

Implementation is, as usual, bad. Especially the rep part. Not because of rep itself but because there’s no way to get to revered with only questing or amazing chains like Suramar (that did not get to revered anyways, sadly), but it’s all about dailies and emissaries. Some factions have also to be carried from neutral to revered with dailies or emissaries only.

I am not totally against time gating, but the rep part has to go away or they have to make players reach the required status in other ways than dailies and emissaries.

Also, on a side note, when you reach revered or exalted the gear you can buy has totally outdated stats and since reps are char bound you can’t even buy them with alts to ease the leveling process or immediately get a decent ilvl after having reached max level.
    Those are some good points for sure!

Personally I would like it if you were granted flying once you've completed all the quest-chains in the available zones of the expansion, even if they regretted they added flying to the game its way too late to revert it now. And thats why I believe they have come up with "Pathfinder" to slow players down instead of having us enjoy it faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Melliodas View Post
    Those are some good points for sure!

Personally I would like it if you were granted flying once you've completed all the quest-chains in the available zones of the expansion, even if they regretted they added flying to the game its way too late to revert it now. And thats why I believe they have come up with "Pathfinder" to slow players down instead of having us enjoy it faster.
    Time gate can have a point. I too would prefer to unlock flying by simply exploring all the zones and do all the quests chapters of the zones. But it seems it’s not possible, it would be not too easy (pf is not about difficulty), but too fast.

The thing that bugs me is that in all these years they could not come up with a different way of unlocking it rather then “rep to revered -> dailies + emissaries and gg”.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chiddie View Post
    Time gate can have a point. I too would prefer to unlock flying by simply exploring all the zones and do all the quests chapters of the zones. But it seems it’s not possible, it would be not too easy (pf is not about difficulty), but too fast.

The thing that bugs me is that in all these years they could not come up with a different way of unlocking it rather then “rep to revered -> dailies + emissaries and gg”.
    yeah if they just made it 'explore + do all the quests' then players will have flying unlocked probably within an hour of hitting max level, maybe 2?

I think they should add some flavour into the pathfinder process though - like having a quest when you hit max level "why can't I fly?" and, for BfA, it has to do with strange magic around the isles of Zuldazar and KT. Follow up quest involves you bringing items from the quartermaster of each faction to *insert npc name here* and they can track it. However you need to be revered to get the item. Then in 8.2 you find out that is because of Azshara and you need to again do a couple of quests which require revered and you break her spell. In Shadowlands it can be because of the Jailer.

probably sounds stupid but would have the exact same effect as Pathfinder only would be more interesting. That being said we still don't know what the Pathfinder requirements are for SL.