Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    2h spec which uses staves and polearms, int as main stat and throws bolts of chaos and fel energy would be cool. Maybe some of those awesome fel spikes we see in fel areas.
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    I'm not sure cooldown based form shift is enough to really justify a full on ranged specc, especially when the in game version doesn't function at all like the ability you're referencing (beyond the fact that it's a form shift and demonic in nature)

outside of metamorphosis, demon hunters were always melee based.

edit: another thing I remember is literally every hero in wc3 could be converted to range via items anyways, but that was never hero specific.
    The cooldown was up like 1/3 of the time from my experience and memory. So like... it is enough to justify a spec.

Frankly I'd be "happy" if they just brought back MoP/WoD demo with reskinned spells and with zero extra thought and work into how it could work with the inherent mobility and speed of gameplay of the class.

Like if they had literally taken the easy way of adding an RDPS spec it would have felt like a copout but much less of a slap in the face as "what other spec would fit? Hurr durr healer wouldnt make sense lulz" like they did at the announcement.

A spec that uses polearms, like Allari does. Probably a mix of melee and long range abilities that forces you to jump forward and backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    What spec would there be?

Healing spec doesn't make sense....ranged spec doesn't make sense...2H melee dps, we really need that?
    Healing makes sense.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by swordai View Post
    Aje, time to get our healing spec. Hell yea
    i'd prefere a range dd spec, to deal better with AV zergs.

Maybe simply increase eyebeam to 40m and put in some throw glaives talents/abilities, some more range cc and no selfheal.

who wants to be a healer.......you are the first target always, must feel like a target dummy, outside of arenas, when there are no pillars and many more dds trying to tickle you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilsamee View Post
    in all fairness , wheres that 3rd spec? isnt it time for it already?
    No. It was a dumb unnecessary idea before. It's worse now. And anyone who keep suggesting it should have their entire battle.net account deleted for not stopping with this dumb idea.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    This^ is why I'm intrigued to see what Shadowlands brings. If we go back to 12 classes instead of 36 (face it, if all your rotational buttons change then that is a different class) it could give us a new and exciting way to play the game. I can't wait to see how this plays out.
    There won't be '12 classes instead of 36' as we're not getting the original Talents back. Every spec being the same is part of the problem.

I don't think an healing spec fits the concept. Demon hunters are all about sacrifice, not redemption, also fel is the last magic that could be associated with healing, it would make more sense for the arcane, death or even the void to give a healing spec than fel (imagine death Knight healers lol).

While a healing spec makes no sense, a ranged spec on the other hand makes complete sense. Most demon hunters were mages before turning to the fel, illidan was a mage, and while they can no longer use the arcane, they can use something even stronger, so why should they not? Because it would be destruction warlock? Not even remotely close, warlock is a stationary spec, a demon hunter would be a fast pacing spec, filled with mobility stuff, they could even have less range than other casters, fighting between the ranged and the meele.

Another idea, or perhaps a 4th spec would be sort of a ranged fel hunter, using big bows and crossbows, maybe the arrows could be coated with their fel blood, and it would be a dot oriented spec.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    No. It was a dumb unnecessary idea before. It's worse now. And anyone who keep suggesting it should have their entire battle.net account deleted for not stopping with this dumb idea.
    I could say that about asking for no class.
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by matrix123mko View Post
    I could say that about asking for no class.
    You could and that's a valid opinion. You could also say the exact same about adding another class spec in a game that's already bloated with them especially when people like yourselfs seem to care more about MOAR rather than should and is it good.

What I said is an objective fact. Shut the god damn fuck up about a 3rd demon hunter spec. Healing demon hunters are stupid and make no sense in the lore and while an argument maybe could be made for a ranged DH, even though 99% of their established cannon even before legion had them as agile melee fighters, we've basically got that covered with warlock which has 3 fleshed out ranged specs. It's a stupid idea for stupid people who just don't want to play a warlock over a DH.
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Healing demon hunters are stupid and make no sense in the lore
    Fel can heal in lore so it makes sense. See Healthstones of Gul'dan bringing death knights to life.
    and while an argument maybe could be made for a ranged DH, even though 99% of their established cannon even before legion had them as agile melee fighters, we've basically got that covered with warlock which has 3 fleshed out ranged specs. It's a stupid idea for stupid people who just don't want to play a warlock over a DH.
    I agree that ranged demon hunter is either warlock or hunter. It is not worth it.

a support spec will be good, damaging abilities to stack some souls shards and send them to allies / or stacking them for create absorb for tanks

we can add a banishment cd as defensiv cd or to ban a opponent .

a life link cd to spread damage between a group

Steal some life amount from teammate player 1 to sent it to teammate player 2

this is just exemples how can we have a 3rd spec, a damaging ranged 3rd spec will be bashed so much from actual ranged classes

I just wanna be able to use 2h scythes so I can go full emokid

Maybe it can be some fel healing spec

a ranged spec with shifting in and out meta like we do with the demonic talent would be cool instead of bows use and abilities like dots and fel lance like the pvp talent,have sigils for AoE (because i love their effects) perhaps glaive throw as a filler idk,just fantasizing here

10+ Year Old Account
    I want a spec where DH's use a scythe. There's a Demon Hunter in lore, who's a part of the DH intro quest who uses one. I don't really know how to make it different than Havoc with a 2h weapon, but that's the base of it.
    Putin khuliyo

Blizz wont bother. They would have made that spec long ago, if there was a need for it. Only chance it will ever happen, if there is some expansion with demons again. Lore would allow new DH style then.

What cases of new specs have there been over time? Feral druids split into cat and bear. Originally they were in a single feral talent tree, if I recall.

I'm not able to think other examples.

3ª spec with bow and fire and dark magic....traps......

I second the idea of the "demonic archer." We are in high need of another spec or class that uses ranged physical weapons and CLEARLY Blizzard isn't shy in using inspiration from their other games... Plus it would look bad-ass and what self respecting DH doesn't want to look bad-ass anyway?
    It doesn't tread on hunters as the only similarity would lie in the choice of weapons. Are warriors and death knights similar? Haha, good one! At best the gameplay MIGHT show some similarity to the old DOT ranged survival spec, but that one's dead and gone anyway - leaving a clear gap for this particular playstyle. Besides, fell magics ain't nature magics, despite both being green (lol!), and demon hunters aren't gonna start relying on fluffy bears and cats any time soon. And hunters surely never used fucking fel fire and chaos magic to literally shatter the enemies' souls...
    Oh, which warlock spec uses bows again...? Or any real physical weapon at that...

Even though technically Fell magic *can* heal (cough Healthstones cough), I don't see it being the drive behind Demon Hunter's philosophy of fighting fire with fire. These are hunters, these are aggressors. They are not menders. Warlock healer, funny as it may sound, works better thematically as they can be considered to be the "clerics" of all things demonic. Still a bit of a stretch but less so than DH healer.

I also like the idea of the 2h scythe-wielding DH. There is even a clear in-game example, as has been mentioned a dozen times now. I do prefer the ranged spec idea, though, because I'm in no (fel) rush to play another melee DH spec. But who knows, if they could pull it off and make it cool, I'm all for it.
    Last edited by Black Sand; 2020-03-10 at 06:17 PM.

Yeah, just give us our damn healing spec, using souls to heal
    no,because,It makes no sense that DH can heal ... they are demon annihilators.
    ideal would be a 3rd spec that uses bow, fel and dark and magic.ranged.

I take this opportunity to say that I don't like the hunter spec melee "survival" and I don't want anything similar for DH. please blizzard don't screw up with this.

from a different point of view, because, who likes meles, he has a lot to choose from, but he who likes non-magic at a distance only has 1 option, hunter, because there is no more ... another archer is needed that use as I said fel and dark magic, it would be an interesting hybrid I think, physical damage + magic maybe? ...there would fit perfectly, the DH.

That would be your perfect 3rd spec, that's how I see it.

(It is not that it is against new healer classes, I simply do not see such an aggressive class, such as healer. And another spec melee, it is not necessary, just as it is not necessary to give it a scythe and magic ranged spec because we already have warlock for that and he does very well.)
    Last edited by Capultro; 2020-03-11 at 12:18 AM.