Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    As a feral:

-Don't make Blood Talons the best/mandatory talent... again...
    -Stop lying about and designing feral around "classes do different things better" narrative meanwhile other classes can do EVERYTHING better... at once
    -Stop giving the already top classes mandatory raid buffs and give ferals something that makes them not the least useless and unwanted melee class in the whole game
    -Design raids with melee classes in the mind, so 3 melee and 11 ranged isn't the standard meanwhile they keep adding only melee classes in expansions
    -Stop redesigning boomkins every expansion and give some love for feral which is literally the same since Burning Crusade... 13 years

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    You can disable derpy owl... I looooove my bat form.
    Yeah I glyphed Humble Flyer. I liked the grey owl I got at level 58.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Yeah I glyphed Humble Flyer. I liked the grey owl I got at level 58.
    Not talking about glyph; you can disable it at the NPC in Class Hall that gave the stupid form in the first place.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I am actually quite happy with the druid right now. We already have more abilities than nearly every other class.

Most spells the took were boring or useless. MotW? Why? No harm in bringing it back for flavor but meh. Don't really care about it.

Thorns? The 10 second buff or the 5 minute one? Both i never liked.

Cyclone? Also only useful in PvP where you can still take it.

Healing Touch? God horrible ability. Always was. Only was used with the instant cast buff. But i think Resto just needs one flat heal ability that. But not that much. Mana Management is just more important for us than for... say Palas.

Changes are another thing. I would like to have tranq while moving again. Fights are just to hectic to stand and channel most of the time. So half of my tranqs i have to cancel before i finished it.
    Starfall. Should be back to the way it was in WoD. No area on the floor just an aura. Or if they make it an area let us cast while moving in it. Moonkin is so shitty in AoE now. And you cannot have a class that is bad in AoE in a game where Mythic+ is major part of the content which is, except for the bosses, purely AOE! And even more: This is more annoying when there are classes which can do both incredibly good... with a rota a toddler can play. *cough* DHs *cough*

An ability i would like back is insectswarm. You can take that fucking annoying lunar cast dot for it.

Make Bloodtalons baseline for feral.

First preview on the covenant abilities. What are you looking to roll with?

Shadowlands - Covenant Class and Signature Abilities Preview
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Four ruling powers control the Shadowlands, each of which is in desperate need of aid from the heroes of Azeroth. In exchange for your help, the Covenants are willing to share a piece of their power and access to the rewards and other blessings, boons, or temptations they have to offer.

As you level up on your initial journey through each of their domains, you’ll get to experience the abilities they have to offer firsthand—before you ultimately choose the Covenant you wish to dedicate yourself to.

• Kyrians: The denizens of Bastion, these angelic beings embrace humility and service to their order.
    • Necrolords: Comprised of liches, warlords, and spies, the Necrolord Covenant calls Maldraxxus home. They make up the army that defends the Shadowlands.
    • Night Fae: Guardians of nature, the Night Fae inhabit Ardenweald and shepherd beings through the cycle of life and death. It was through their aid that the demigod Cenarius was able to make his return to Azeroth during the events of the Cataclysm.
    • Venthyr: Making their home in Revendreth, the vampiric Venthyr are the punishers of the unworthy, seeking to rehabilitate the sinful souls sent to them by the Arbiter.
    Shadowlands - Covenant Signature Abilities Preview

Covenant Signature Abilities

Covenant - Kyrian

Signature Ability - Summon Steward
    • Call your steward to bring you a Phial of Serenity that can be consumed to restore some of your health and remove all Curse, Disease, Poison, and Bleed Effects.
    • Your Steward additionally offers access to a selection of useful amenities, each once per day.

Covenant - Venthyr

Signature Ability - Door of Shadows
    • Wend through the shadows, appearing at the targeted location.

Covenant - Necrolord

Signature Ability - Fleshcraft
    • Form a shield of flesh and bone that prevents damage equal to a portion of your maximum health. Standing near the corpse of a defeated enemy when the ability is cast will create a larger shield.

Covenant - Night Fae

Signature Ability - Soulshape
    • Turn into a Vulpin, increasing movement speed. You may reactivate Soulshape to teleport a short distance forward.
    • Additional cosmetic forms can be earned and collected through a variety of gameplay.
    • While out in the world, this effect has a short duration before it wears off, but lasts indefinitely while in a rest area.
    Shadowlands - Covenant Druid Abilities Preview

Druid
    • Kindred Spirits (Kyrian) - Form a bond with an ally. On a cooldown, you may empower the bond for a period of time, granting you an effect based on your partner’s role, and granting them an effect based on your role.
    • Ravenous Frenzy (Venthyr) - For a period of time, Druid spells you cast increase your damage, healing, and haste by a percentage, stacking. If you spend a period of time idle, the Frenzy overcomes you, consuming a percentage of your health per stack, stunning you, and then ending.
    • Adaptive Swarm (Necrolord) - Command a swarm that heals or deals Shadow damage to a target and increases the effectiveness of your periodic effects on them. Upon expiration, travels to a new target within range, alternating between friend and foe up to a set number of times.
    • Convoke the Spirits (Night Fae) - Call upon the Night Fae for an eruption of energy, channeling a rapid flurry of 16 Druid spells and abilities over 4 seconds. You will cast Moonfire, Wrath, Regrowth, Rejuvenation, Thrash, Rake, Shred, and Ironfur on appropriate nearby targets, favoring your current specialization.
    I am probably going Night Fae for my Druid, mostly for the aesthetics. The ability seems really interesting, and brings life to a hybrid aspect of the class. Curious to see how it works, and what type of abilities it prioritizes.
    Last edited by IAMANIKOLAS; 2020-04-07 at 11:30 AM.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

If Kindred Spirits will be "ability sharing" this will definitely make the class a bit more interesting.

Though I'm seriously hoping for some kind of redesign of balance / druid. One is boring af, the other one is basically non competetive. But here I am, loving druid in general and choosing to be a bit miserable...

Please leave Balance alone(well, maybe buff Starfall a bit). It's in one of the best places it's been in for a long time.

Personally, i'm gonna go with Venthyr, both for the sillyness of a Kul Tiran vampire(tall, handsome, and enough of a belly to contain your hometown, now coming to you through a shadow that barely covers his feet) and because their ability sounds interesting. Wondering if their ability replaces or stacks with CA/Inc.

Don't really like the Night Fae ability. Not a friend of randomly targeting stuff. Don't think the aesthetic fits Thornspeakers, either.

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    I am probably going Night Fae for my Druid, mostly for the aesthetics. The ability seems really interesting, and brings life to a hybrid aspect of the class. Curious to see how it works, and what type of abilities it prioritizes.
    It says right in the description that it prioritises("favors") your own spec. So a 'kin will mostly get Wrath and MF, Resto will throw heals around etc.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    If Kindred Spirits will be "ability sharing" this will definitely make the class a bit more interesting.

Though I'm seriously hoping for some kind of redesign of balance / druid. One is boring af, the other one is basically non competetive. But here I am, loving druid in general and choosing to be a bit miserable...
    I interpret it as some kind of buff. Say I'm a DPS using Kindred Spirits on a Tank, i get a 20% dmg reduction, and they get a 20% damage increase for instance. Sounds slightly boring, and I am personally not a fan of the Kyrian leather set eother, so it's a no to Kyrians for me.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Please leave Balance alone(well, maybe buff Starfall a bit). It's in one of the best places it's been in for a long time.

Personally, i'm gonna go with Venthyr, both for the sillyness of a Kul Tiran vampire(tall, handsome, and enough of a belly to contain your hometown, now coming to you through a shadow that barely covers his feet) and because their ability sounds interesting. Wondering if their ability replaces or stacks with CA/Inc.

Don't really like the Night Fae ability. Not a friend of randomly targeting stuff. Don't think the aesthetic fits Thornspeakers, either.

It says right in the description that it prioritises("favors") your own spec. So a 'kin will mostly get Wrath and MF, Resto will throw heals around etc.
    Yeah but I wonder if the ability will still throw out the occassional rejuv and Wrath around, just to a lesser degree than Rake and Shred.
    Last edited by IAMANIKOLAS; 2020-04-07 at 04:34 PM.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.

Well, I surely wasn’t wishing for Nourish to rear it’s ugly fucking head again.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

ECLIPSE IS BACK yessssss.

So is current Balance playstyle better? Or is the old Eclipse better?

I mean BfA is extremely boring but strong.

Quote Originally Posted by Azzurri View Post
    So is current Balance playstyle better? Or is the old Eclipse better?

I mean BfA is extremely boring but strong.
    We can't talk about weak/strong aspect since there are no numbers yet.

But current balance is so fucking boring. VoP / Arcanic Pulsar is the only thing that makes this spec resembling at least something close to fun and Streaking Stars is the only thing keeping us close to competetiveness - and they will all be going away come Shadowlands.

I also dislike the Empowerments system a lot and don't even get me started on Starfall...

I'm very much looking foward to seeing more details. But from the first impression it's exactly what I wished for.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    We can't talk about weak/strong aspect since there are no numbers yet.

But current balance is so fucking boring. VoP / Arcanic Pulsar is the only thing that makes this spec resembling at least something close to fun and Streaking Stars is the only thing keeping us close to competetiveness - and they will all be going away come Shadowlands.

I also dislike the Empowerments system a lot and don't even get me started on Starfall...

I'm very much looking foward to seeing more details. But from the first impression it's exactly what I wished for.
    Eclipse was very fun in WotLK and it is still my most favorite version of Balance. Balance right now is in a good spot play wise but only because of the azerite traits we have. If we didnt have pulsar it wouldnt be as good and when we lose Azerite its going to be a hit like other classes. Im excited to see how this works out again with Eclipse. It really did make or break some players if they didnt know how to do it right
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Seems like good stuff for feral so far. I just want it to be more competitive and have better survival or some shit...So far it seems we get that.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by IAMANIKOLAS View Post
    Yeah but I wonder if the ability will still throw out the occassional rejuv and Wrath around, just to a lesser degree than Rake and Shred.
    That's what i meant. It's not exclusive to your spec, it just prioritises your spec abilities. So long-term average you're going to see your spec abilities more often than the off-spec ones, although any individual cast might end up with 0. No numbers available right now, obviously.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaganite View Post
    Eclipse was very fun in WotLK and it is still my most favorite version of Balance. Balance right now is in a good spot play wise but only because of the azerite traits we have. If we didnt have pulsar it wouldnt be as good and when we lose Azerite its going to be a hit like other classes. Im excited to see how this works out again with Eclipse. It really did make or break some players if they didnt know how to do it right
    As long as it isn't the BC Eclipse where they were mutually exclusive CDs. Not sure why they're going back to Starfire, though. Lunar Strike is largely the same and looks way better.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    As long as it isn't the BC Eclipse where they were mutually exclusive CDs. Not sure why they're going back to Starfire, though. Lunar Strike is largely the same and looks way better.
    No from what I read, I believe it is the see-saw affect where you want to have Lunar ready for the big bursts and keep your starsurge ready to extend it. I think it was lunar you wanted for the blow your CDs moment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

Balance - reworked for the 5th expansion in a row
    Feral - hey we changed Bloodtalons

lol
    "I will say, I think it passing odd that I am loved by one for a kindness I never did, and reviled by so many for my finest act."

I really hope this Eclipse mechanic doesn't mean we effectively have to choose between being in "good single target mode" and being in "good aoe mode", because it seems like it will take time to swap back and forth, and most combat changes fairly quickly especially M+. I can imagine it being very frustrating. Do an aoe pack, need to be in aoe mode. Ok we're at the boss, but I am still in aoe mode and this is a ST fight. Sure I could have moved to st during the trash but then I did bad dps for that trash using it to shift to st. I hope I am wrong.

Also starsurge extends the duration of the current eclipse. If we are in aoe mode and want to extend that we cast a starsurge? I wonder if Astral power is going away because I'd hate to have to forgo using starfall in aoe to use a starsurge to maintain a buff.
    Last edited by Malmmoc; 2020-04-07 at 10:22 PM.

Resto with feral affinity rake into maim won't last longer than 1 arena season.