Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Malmmoc View Post
    I really hope this Eclipse mechanic doesn't mean we effectively have to choose between being in "good single target mode" and being in "good aoe mode", because it seems like it will take time to swap back and forth, and most combat changes fairly quickly especially M+. I can imagine it being very frustrating. Do an aoe pack, need to be in aoe mode. Ok we're at the boss, but I am still in aoe mode and this is a ST fight. Sure I could have moved to st during the trash but then I did bad dps for that trash using it to shift to st. I hope I am wrong.

Also starsurge extends the duration of the current eclipse. If we are in aoe mode and want to extend that we cast a starsurge? I wonder if Astral power is going away because I'd hate to have to forgo using starfall in aoe to use a starsurge to maintain a buff.
    It'll probably go back to being on a short CD or charge.

Feral Wishlist?

Hmm... lets go.

• Sabertooth re-worked to make FB renew Rip when used at <25% target health
    • Old Snapshotting baselined (all Cat Form abilities snapshotting all attack power, including all temporary buffs, like pre-WoD)
    • Affinities removed and most of the abilities baselined (except Frenzied Regeneration, Moonkin, Swiftmend and the passive perks)
    • Old Affinity talent row: Typhoon/Mass Entanglement/Faerie Swarm
    • Healing Touch and Tranquility baselined
    • Hibernate and Healing Touch on Predatory Swiftness
    • 4th talent row: Mighty Bash / Ursol's Vortex / "Feral Roar" (Disorienting Roar but only DRing with itself)
    • Savage Roar is snapshottable again and increased to 5cp/42sec duration and using Rake from Stealth automatically applies a 5CP Savage Roar buff (WoD perk)
    • Soul of the Forest replaced with "Feral Force" (Spawns a Cat at your target which attacks it and applies a, snapshotted, Rake bleed and a 3sec duration 90% daze for 3s. 3x Charges, lasts 15seconds, 20sec CD / charge)
    • Brutal Slash damage scaling with number of targets such that it's not better than Shred if <4 targets (so it's not used in the ST rotation)
    • Powershifting baselined (or equivalent baselined "Disentanglement" ability with 1 sec CD, off GCD, usable only in form, free)
    • Dash and Stampeding Roar removing roots/slows on usage
    • HotW replacing Moment of Clarity or Bloodtalons
    • Wild Charge baselined and replaced with Cenarion Ward
    • Tiger Dash removed and replaced with Nature's Swiftness
    • Ferocious Wounds (PvP talent) removed
    Oh, I see I already wrote in the thread... Well whatever. It's essentially the same feedback anyway.
    Last edited by RelaZ; 2020-04-08 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    We can't talk about weak/strong aspect since there are no numbers yet.

But current balance is so fucking boring. VoP / Arcanic Pulsar is the only thing that makes this spec resembling at least something close to fun and Streaking Stars is the only thing keeping us close to competetiveness - and they will all be going away come Shadowlands.

I also dislike the Empowerments system a lot and don't even get me started on Starfall...

I'm very much looking foward to seeing more details. But from the first impression it's exactly what I wished for.
    I'm kind of on the opposite end, especially since I really disliked the Eclipse systems in the past. Hate using the term, but the Eclipse system tended to be very clunky in its old incarnations (excuse the pun) despite being cool as a concept. What we have in terms of a rotation in BfA, with all the essences/azerite powers, is fairly solid and fluid, which is why I was hoping SL would improve upon the system to adjust areas where certain aspects were lacking.... *cough* Starfall *cough*.

What I'm trying to figure out is what kind of role Blizz expects moonkins to fill in SL. In BfA, we're primarily ST with moderate cleave capabilities while having a strong target swap burst capability. What's the SL goal? If it's anything like the old moonkin Eclipse system, this is where the clunky came in as it wasn't very responsive to changing scenarios. At the very least, the old Eclipse model didn't lend itself towards easy target swap burst capability... suppose it depends on how they implement CA/Inc/<insert QoL spell> to allow moonkins to not have to sit outside of an eclipse and ramp up to your desired output. Suppose they could make it so swinging back and forth along the eclipse spectrum is really fast in order to be more responsive... but at that point, why not just keep the Legion/BfA model?

While I did enjoy using HotW back in MoP (actually I loved the entire row with DoC and NV for bears), what leaves me skeptical for SL is that the abilities we tended to use in conjunction with HotW are not there anymore. HotW + Tranquility was the main use, although HotW + Hurricane -> Wrath spam did occur, as well. You could also blanket the raid with Rejuvs as a bear, but that was pretty uncommon and usually not necessary. At this point, I'm going to assume HotW is just going to buff the abilities of whichever Affinity talent you choose. The cooldown/duration/effect of HotW are all unknown, so it's just conjecture at this point.

In general, not keen on the changes to druids as a whole, as there are some potential issue with quite a few of the changes that extend beyond the numbers. Maybe some things didn't make the list, maybe there are some misstatements, anything's possible.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

For feral

Savage Roar baseline, snapshotting back, more utility(tranq back baseline?), and change clearcasting back to how it use to be or atleast allow it to work with FB.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys think HotW talent will be active or passive? Hopefully it will be passive.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Do you guys think HotW talent will be active or passive? Hopefully it will be passive.
    It's active.

As a tank I'd like my thrash slow back,
    maul taken back off the gcd.
    Rage of the sleeper.
    Mastery reworked (currently the 45%stam we get from bear form and mastery is barely ahead of dh/dk, if we're meat shields make us meatier or change it.)

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Feral PoV:

- stop focusing on BT. It's ONE talent out of 21...
    - more baseline spells: innervate, rejuvenation, tranquility, LotP. Maybe even Wild Charge. Nobody picks Renewal/Tiger Dash.
    - get rid of HotW. Make existing affinity talents stronger instead. Examples: if you pick guardian affinity you get more HP, rage generation and ironfur is stackable. if you pick resto affinity your heals are stronger and more cost-effective.
    - Make barkskin stronger for feral, or give one charge of Survival Instincts back.
    - IMO, Sabertooth talent is too convenient and Rip should be part of the rotation.
    - Brutal Slash hitting like a wet noodle is very off-putting. It used to be a satisfying ability to press...

Taking into account what other classes get, these things aren't too much to ask for.

Quote Originally Posted by Beatman View Post
    Feral PoV:

- stop focusing on BT. It's ONE talent out of 21...
    - more baseline spells: innervate, rejuvenation, tranquility, LotP. Maybe even Wild Charge. Nobody picks Renewal/Tiger Dash.
    - get rid of HotW. Make existing affinity talents stronger instead. Examples: if you pick guardian affinity you get more HP, rage generation and ironfur is stackable. if you pick resto affinity your heals are stronger and more cost-effective.
    - Make barkskin stronger for feral, or give one charge of Survival Instincts back.
    - IMO, Sabertooth talent is too convenient and Rip should be part of the rotation.
    - Brutal Slash hitting like a wet noodle is very off-putting. It used to be a satisfying ability to press...

Taking into account what other classes get, these things aren't too much to ask for.
    Agreed, I had such high hopes for the un-prune. I especially miss lifebloom baseline. I wouldn't care if it did 0 healing, I just miss having it. Same with Trang.

Give us back most hybrid spells, and make them semi-viable through affinities to balance it. I miss having a useful bearform for pvp, but now I choose between an okay'ish bearform or some pretty okay healing.
    Whether you think you can or can't - You're right!

You can read my in-depth Void Ranger / Dark Ranger class concept from 2019 (With pictures) here.