Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Blizzard: DK is the Death Class

From a recent Chinese interview...

https://ngabbs.com/read.php?tid=19140553&rand=543

1. The new version has no new occupations and new races. What is the situation?
    A: You may have misunderstood us. Our World of Warcraft project team has no rules to say that odd-numbered versions will have new occupations, or even-numbered versions will have new races. We are choosing to launch based on whether the next version of the story is suitable for a new career. The current version of the new version of Shadow Kingdom is closely related to our existing death knight, so we chose to let the death knight Full race.
    That is the google translate equivalent of the first question. Blizzard states that there is no obligation for a new class (occupation) or race for every other expansion, and that the death knight is the class they focused on instead.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Focused on?

I hope they chose their words wisely because focused on means more than what they've done for Paladin and Shaman already.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Obviously they're not obligated to do so. Still disappointing though.

Death Knights already got their expansion, WOTLK. This expansion should’ve been focused on paladins and priests fighting evil and doing what’s right for those in the afterlife.
    change can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Death Knights already got their expansion, WOTLK. This expansion should’ve been focused on paladins and priests fighting evil and doing what’s right for those in the afterlife.
    It's an expansion surrounding Death. That Death Knights will have a major role there seems legid, especially since the Lich Kings Power is tied to the Shadowlands. Also the paladin-expansion after all seemed to be Legion, even with all the pruning to abilities that affects demons.

new hero class: fat Death Knights lol
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iosdeveloper View Post
    new hero class: fat Death Knights lol
    For real though I'd be terrified of a Kul'tiran DK rolling up on me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes sense DK has some major role in the shadowlands, its like goin to the emerald dream and druid gettin attention.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Of course Ion would never say that they just didn't do new class because of too much work. I am looking forward to him pulling his hair out as he realizes his utter failure to do atleast one expansion right. Sometimes I think Ion hates WoW with all his heart.

I mean who even questioned that DK is the Death class? It was always obvious that a Necromancer class will never be part of this game, simply because a DK is an improved version of a Necromancer in the WoW universe.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I mean who even questioned that DK is the Death class? It was always obvious that a Necromancer class will never be part of this game, simply because a DK is an improved version of a Necromancer in the WoW universe.
    It was always a longshot. Heck even when I said it could work I was very strongly specifying they'd need to find a different niche for it compared to Hunter and Warlock. And I doubt Blizz was ever going to embrace the D3-style "the pet is the class" format.

Quote Originally Posted by The Emperor View Post
    Of course Ion would never say that they just didn't do new class because of too much work. I am looking forward to him pulling his hair out as he realizes his utter failure to do atleast one expansion right. Sometimes I think Ion hates WoW with all his heart.
    He didnt start out too, but during WOD is when you can tell he now hates the game and the player base
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    It was always a longshot. Heck even when I said it could work I was very strongly specifying they'd need to find a different niche for it compared to Hunter and Warlock. And I doubt Blizz was ever going to embrace the D3-style "the pet is the class" format.
    It’s the same with Dark Ranger honestly. I totally understand people that wanted a Necromancer or a Dark Ranger class but if those who’d like to play such a class are realistic it’s obvious that it was never meant to be. That’s why I always said, even if it looks silly and might feel odd, Tinker is still the most plausible and most likely addition of a new class due to its originality.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Focused on?

I hope they chose their words wisely because focused on means more than what they've done for Paladin and Shaman already.
    It's a google translate lol, they didn't choose any of those words.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagawithlegs View Post
    From a recent Chinese interview...

https://ngabbs.com/read.php?tid=19140553&rand=543

That is the google translate equivalent of the first question. Blizzard states that there is no obligation for a new class (occupation) or race for every other expansion, and that the death knight is the class they focused on instead.
    Well, good to get a proper response about this, because this basically confirms that Necromancers will never happen, so imma just take that off my list.
    Same goes for Dark Rangers that are also death themed

Short-sighted people need not be catered for.

Fixing the chief complaint of BfA, aka how classes play, is and should be taking priority over putting out a new class for FOTM-rollers to occupy themselves with for a couple of months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It’s the same with Dark Ranger honestly. I totally understand people that wanted a Necromancer or a Dark Ranger class but if those who’d like to play such a class are realistic it’s obvious that it was never meant to be. That’s why I always said, even if it looks silly and might feel odd, Tinker is still the most plausible and most likely addition of a new class due to its originality.
    Dark Ranger I think had a realistic shot of getting in as a 4th spec because of how much people are clamoring for the old Dark Arrow/Explosive Shot Survival to return.

myself included

Tinker I still feel like has next to no chance. BFA was the story sweet spot for it. We're probably never going to have an expansion that technological again. I'm betting on Dragon Isles for 10.0, maybe with a world revamp (though I know Mona disagrees on that part ), and if they decide to do a class then it's probably Dragon Knight/Dragoon/Dragonsworn.

11.0 I'm guessing we finally get some void lord stuff going down, and so if they do a class then it'll probably be something like a Void Hunter a'la Alleria with probably some of the Dark Ranger DoT elements tossed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Short-sighted people need not be catered for.

Fixing the chief complaint of BfA, aka how classes play, is and should be taking priority over putting out a new class for FOTM-rollers to occupy themselves with for a couple of months.
    1. I don't get why it's an either/or scenario. They're not even planning to do as extensive of work on classes compared to what they did in Legion...an expansion that also had it's own new class. So how it this honestly an excuse?

2. Why shouldn't they fix the mess they made with patches during BFA instead of charging us $40 for them to do it?

Quote Originally Posted by Teekey View Post
    1. I don't get why it's an either/or scenario.

2. Why shouldn't they fix the mess they made with patches during BFA instead of charging us $40 for them to do it?
    You can still play the updated classes without buying Shadowlands.

Death Knights desperately need some love so this is good news, I guess?