Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Yea, I don't need... actually, I don't want something to do every single day at Max level. That's half the problem with WOW these days, it's become a chore. It's ok if you don't play WOW every single day.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So I watched all the Blizzcon videos and interviews and I saw some interesting things in shadowlands. However, one thing that I heard really often was "we don't want you to feel obligazed to do this piece of content". They said this so often to so many different things that I really fear we are running in the next WoD were there actually IS content to do, but everything feels meaningless, because it doesn't offer relevant rewards. It sounds like everything for the week can be capped really fast and going over that punishes you with brutal grinding times.
    I don't think this will end well.
    So.. the only reason your playing WoW is to endlessly grind AP and without it you would be to bored?
    Well, sucks to be you then but most people don't seem to enjoy semi-forced endless grind content.

    because aside from that Shadowlands looks to have just as much to end at the endgame as BfA.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Yea, I don't need... actually, I don't want something to do every single day at Max level. That's half the problem with WOW these days, it's become a chore. It's ok if you don't play WOW every single day.
    obligatory
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  3. #43
    why do you even play WoW? there has been nothing to do for last 5 expansions it seems...

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So I watched all the Blizzcon videos and interviews and I saw some interesting things in shadowlands. However, one thing that I heard really often was "we don't want you to feel obligazed to do this piece of content". They said this so often to so many different things that I really fear we are running in the next WoD were there actually IS content to do, but everything feels meaningless, because it doesn't offer relevant rewards. It sounds like everything for the week can be capped really fast and going over that punishes you with brutal grinding times.
    I don't think this will end well.
    I think they meant it differently.

    There will be multiple means to an end. In BFA that would compare to, need 2 Neck lvls? You can farm either M+ or Island, without one taking 3 times longer.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    I think they meant it differently.

    There will be multiple means to an end. In BFA that would compare to, need 2 Neck lvls? You can farm either M+ or Island, without one taking 3 times longer.
    I doubt they will manage to make every as efficient.
    More that you need X per week and you can do a list of different options to get it, not all will be as efficient but you can do the one you like. And while it might take a little longer to cap out your not falling behind because of the cap.

    Your not punished for being sub-optimal. unlike the endless AP grinds.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Yea, I don't need... actually, I don't want something to do every single day at Max level. That's half the problem with WOW these days, it's become a chore. It's ok if you don't play WOW every single day.
    You should really watch IONs interview. They want to make sure that the weekly 1x crowd and season players are not that far behind and can keep up/catch up at least to some point, but they like that people spam m+ for fun/progression and even the new tower/legendary-grind content is aimed to keep both type of players engaged.

    Your AP grind is replaced by anima/valor weekly MIN-cap, TF/WF replacement will be there for sure, since thats the main motivator for mythic+/repeatable content and legendarys are on top of that with an open end grind.

    The next expansion is clearly not aimed at you, neither LEGION or BfA. If you want a dead game with zero endgame, there is allways classic for your needs. For regular players the LEGION/BFA model worked out great and thats why blizzard did not change anything in the announcements for Shadowlands
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Thats tte whole isue. There WAS stuff to do, but nobody did it, as it was completely meaningless (e.g. Garrison invasions, daily quests and reputations)
    Ashran got used a lot. I'm hoping they make PvP less pointless in SL.

    Aside: is SL the generally approved abbreviation for Shadowlands?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    WoW is like 99% bear ass collection simulator -- D-Rock

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Mythics, WQ, Maw, Thorgast, Raids

    So exactly the same as now
    That is pretty much my read on the whole thing. You get to do the usual stuff. Islands and Warfronts have been replaced by Torghast, which will most likely make some use of the AI tech and then you have your usual profession, rare and reputation grind as well.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire Popastique's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Ukraine
    Posts
    397
    Raids, m+, pvp, tower runs, world quests, anima weekly cap, pet battles, achievements, old content transmog hunting - choose anything you want.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ashran got used a lot. I'm hoping they make PvP less pointless in SL.

    Aside: is SL the generally approved abbreviation for Shadowlands?
    I think we actually had a vote on it and literally only one guy out of 50 at the time didn't intuitively go for SL.
    Also they can make PvP even more useless for all I care :3
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  11. #51
    Main issue here is in BFA there was too much content we had to do but wasn't fun for most people (Islands) or had a poor replayability (Warfront) but you had to do these content if you wanted to be optimal on your AP.

    I think the goal they should focus on is actually having the ability to farm multiples content to get the same thing, and having things like the weekly chest be farmable in raid depending of your progress and of how much bosses you've killed this week so you don't simply run into a Azshara ID for example and kill that boss instead of just having to do a M+10 and that's it.

  12. #52
    High Overlord Aleloron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    180
    I dunno, Thorgast sounds like fun. I’m not sure that it’ll be something that we’d want to do, and enjoy doing, time and time again for months on end but if they handle it well it could be.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

  13. #53
    Enjoy the first month or two then quit and come back in the .1 patches for new content. Really the only way to play WoW imho.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Inb4 "world quests are content"
    Why not? Everyone asked for and loved dailies. Same concept just expanded.

  15. #55
    -Raiding
    -Pvp
    -Covenant content
    -The Maw
    -World quests
    -Mythic+
    -Tower of the Damned

    What WoW players consider no endgame is what other mmo communities dream of having in terms of amount of things to do.

    So basically we will have as much to do as Legion/BFA
    which is GOOD, the problem is how unrewarding it all feels and how shitty the gearing structure is, they are seemingly fixing it sooo
    good xpac inc.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Raids, m+, pvp, tower runs, world quests, anima weekly cap, pet battles, achievements, old content transmog hunting - choose anything you want.
    It's amazing how people love to twist things. There will be plenty to do. The obligation thing they mentioned was only in regards to AP.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Ashran got used a lot. I'm hoping they make PvP less pointless in SL.

    Aside: is SL the generally approved abbreviation for Shadowlands?
    Why wouldn't it be?

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Maybe you should play because it is fun, not because there's some reward. Have you ever tried that?
    Not really. I mean, after i get 100% mount in classic, I'll probably just raid log as well, Because there really is no goal left to grind for after that, So logging in to do dungeons or grind after that is pointless. So the only reason to log would be weekly raids, thus raid log.

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Not really. I mean, after i get 100% mount in classic, I'll probably just raid log as well, Because there really is no goal left to grind for after that, So logging in to do dungeons or grind after that is pointless. So the only reason to log would be weekly raids, thus raid log.
    That's a little sad, but if it makes you happy, go for it!

  19. #59
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Russia
    Posts
    469
    Oh no, will Blizzard ever come up with this mysterious "meaningful" and "engaging" content that forum posters desire.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That's a little sad, but if it makes you happy, go for it!
    Or we can just make another character and start the progression treadmill all over again.

    But you can't really just "Play" WoW, It's not fun just by itself, You gotta have those carrots to chase after, Since if there is no reason to play then there is no reason to play.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •