Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    I think they meant it differently.

There will be multiple means to an end. In BFA that would compare to, need 2 Neck lvls? You can farm either M+ or Island, without one taking 3 times longer.
    I doubt they will manage to make every as efficient.
    More that you need X per week and you can do a list of different options to get it, not all will be as efficient but you can do the one you like. And while it might take a little longer to cap out your not falling behind because of the cap.

Your not punished for being sub-optimal. unlike the endless AP grinds.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    Yea, I don't need... actually, I don't want something to do every single day at Max level. That's half the problem with WOW these days, it's become a chore. It's ok if you don't play WOW every single day.
    You should really watch IONs interview. They want to make sure that the weekly 1x crowd and season players are not that far behind and can keep up/catch up at least to some point, but they like that people spam m+ for fun/progression and even the new tower/legendary-grind content is aimed to keep both type of players engaged.

Your AP grind is replaced by anima/valor weekly MIN-cap, TF/WF replacement will be there for sure, since thats the main motivator for mythic+/repeatable content and legendarys are on top of that with an open end grind.

The next expansion is clearly not aimed at you, neither LEGION or BfA. If you want a dead game with zero endgame, there is allways classic for your needs. For regular players the LEGION/BFA model worked out great and thats why blizzard did not change anything in the announcements for Shadowlands
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Thats tte whole isue. There WAS stuff to do, but nobody did it, as it was completely meaningless (e.g. Garrison invasions, daily quests and reputations)
    Ashran got used a lot. I'm hoping they make PvP less pointless in SL.

Aside: is SL the generally approved abbreviation for Shadowlands?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by lollerlaban View Post
    Mythics, WQ, Maw, Thorgast, Raids

So exactly the same as now
    That is pretty much my read on the whole thing. You get to do the usual stuff. Islands and Warfronts have been replaced by Torghast, which will most likely make some use of the AI tech and then you have your usual profession, rare and reputation grind as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Raids, m+, pvp, tower runs, world quests, anima weekly cap, pet battles, achievements, old content transmog hunting - choose anything you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

I think we actually had a vote on it and literally only one guy out of 50 at the time didn't intuitively go for SL.
    Also they can make PvP even more useless for all I care :3
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Main issue here is in BFA there was too much content we had to do but wasn't fun for most people (Islands) or had a poor replayability (Warfront) but you had to do these content if you wanted to be optimal on your AP.

I think the goal they should focus on is actually having the ability to farm multiples content to get the same thing, and having things like the weekly chest be farmable in raid depending of your progress and of how much bosses you've killed this week so you don't simply run into a Azshara ID for example and kill that boss instead of just having to do a M+10 and that's it.

3+ Year Old Account
    I dunno, Thorgast sounds like fun. I’m not sure that it’ll be something that we’d want to do, and enjoy doing, time and time again for months on end but if they handle it well it could be.
    Don’t ask me to explain my idiocy; I’m in my early 40’s and still don’t understand it myself.

Enjoy the first month or two then quit and come back in the .1 patches for new content. Really the only way to play WoW imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Inb4 "world quests are content"
    Why not? Everyone asked for and loved dailies. Same concept just expanded.

-Raiding
    -Pvp
    -Covenant content
    -The Maw
    -World quests
    -Mythic+
    -Tower of the Damned

What WoW players consider no endgame is what other mmo communities dream of having in terms of amount of things to do.

So basically we will have as much to do as Legion/BFA
    which is GOOD, the problem is how unrewarding it all feels and how shitty the gearing structure is, they are seemingly fixing it sooo
    good xpac inc.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Popastique View Post
    Raids, m+, pvp, tower runs, world quests, anima weekly cap, pet battles, achievements, old content transmog hunting - choose anything you want.
    It's amazing how people love to twist things. There will be plenty to do. The obligation thing they mentioned was only in regards to AP.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

Why wouldn't it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Maybe you should play because it is fun, not because there's some reward. Have you ever tried that?
    Not really. I mean, after i get 100% mount in classic, I'll probably just raid log as well, Because there really is no goal left to grind for after that, So logging in to do dungeons or grind after that is pointless. So the only reason to log would be weekly raids, thus raid log.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Not really. I mean, after i get 100% mount in classic, I'll probably just raid log as well, Because there really is no goal left to grind for after that, So logging in to do dungeons or grind after that is pointless. So the only reason to log would be weekly raids, thus raid log.
    That's a little sad, but if it makes you happy, go for it!

Oh no, will Blizzard ever come up with this mysterious "meaningful" and "engaging" content that forum posters desire.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    That's a little sad, but if it makes you happy, go for it!
    Or we can just make another character and start the progression treadmill all over again.

But you can't really just "Play" WoW, It's not fun just by itself, You gotta have those carrots to chase after, Since if there is no reason to play then there is no reason to play.

Quote Originally Posted by f4ncybear View Post
    Oh no, will Blizzard ever come up with this mysterious "meaningful" and "engaging" content that forum posters desire.
    No, because it doesn't exist.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    A little bit early with that prediction, Nostradamus. Let's wait until we actually see what content there is to do at max level before we start complaining that there isn't enough of it.
    But, that'd mean I can't start a thread on MMOC that moreso serves as my blog than to actually engage in discussion about an xpac that's over a year away.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    So I watched all the Blizzcon videos and interviews and I saw some interesting things in shadowlands. However, one thing that I heard really often was "we don't want you to feel obligazed to do this piece of content". They said this so often to so many different things that I really fear we are running in the next WoD were there actually IS content to do, but everything feels meaningless, because it doesn't offer relevant rewards. It sounds like everything for the week can be capped really fast and going over that punishes you with brutal grinding times.
    I don't think this will end well.
    I hope that "end game" maw zone is large and fun for extended periods of time if they expect us to live there.

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    But you can't really just "Play" WoW, It's not fun just by itself, You gotta have those carrots to chase after, Since if there is no reason to play then there is no reason to play.
    Yeah, I don't get that. I like playing WoW and most of the time I don't care about any rewards. Obviously sometimes there is something I really want and then I'll go for it, even if it means grinding, but usually, I don't. I do LFR once or twice, because it's fun to see the fights, but not to repeat them time and again. I like leveling different classes and races, I love having chars set at different levels to do dungeons (love early level healing (< 30)). I enjoy certain WQs, exploring, pet battles, all kinds of stuff. I don't do stuff for the reward, I do stuff because the gameplay itself is fun. If you just do it for the rewards, why even play?