Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Anyone who learned necromancy knew about existence of shadowlands

- - - Updated - - -

It's already established that their homeworld was Nathreza, which was located in twisting nether - they are not naturally connected to shadowlands, they go back to twisting nether after death, or permanently die after... dying in twisting nether

- - - Updated - - -

Argus used to be an anchor to make sure that demons spawn in one place instead of somewhere in twisted nether
    and to make the spawn faster afaik

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Weren't the legion giving Argus the succ to regenerate endlessly? I'm pretty sure that's why fighting argus was key to crashing the legion with no survivors.
    Unless golden forgot/retconned that too...
    It was retconned to *it's only making their regeneration faster"
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

the legion definitely knew about the shadowlands, as we'll find the forge and the blacksmith who created frostmourne+the helm of domination in shadowlands.
    they just didnt give a singe fck about the shadowlands, since their souls went back to the twisting nether and they only cared about destroying the physical universe bc only there you can find titan souls.
    maybe after the physical universe was destroyed they wouldve invaded the shadowlands to kill the jailer, but until then, why should the legion care. they dont even send that many souls to the shadowlands, since they capture most of them and use them as fuel for their ships etc (was showed in legion countless times how they burned souls to gain power)
    The crooked shitposter with no eyes is watching from the endless thread.

From the space that is everywhere and nowhere, the crooked shitposter feasts on memes.

He has no eyes to see, but he dreams of infinite memeing and trolling.

I'm pretty sure it was noted, that all things will be established in the expansion, can we not with threads like this?

I'll say they were aware of it or least Sargeras and the higher ups were. But they didn't wanna mess with it cause invading that place would had been suicide. I mean the Jailer keeps prisoners that can end reality so it's very possible that Sargeras could end up as one of the prisoners in the Maw if he goes there. Many foes within the Legion also caused endless terror, many crimes, and evil acts across the universe so the Arbiter would no doubt give all of them including Sargeras the highest form of punishment she could once she judges them for their deeds.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Didn’t they say the Legion stole the Helm and Frostmourne from SL? This is a retcon obviously but I’m pretty sure I saw that during one of the presentations.

Definitely. The Lich King's prison was placed at a weak spot to the Shadowlands, presumably aiding in his ability to remote control undead, and the crown itself seems to contain magic obtained directly from the realm itself. More details inc. in the expansion, apparently.

My take on it is that Kil'jaeden lead an incursion of Legion forces into the Shadowlands to obtain the materials necessary to forge the helm and armor the LK was bound to. Something that would be particularly risky for them as I'd imagine dying there they'd be taken by the Arbiter instead of conveniently spirited away to Argus.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2019-11-04 at 11:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seradi View Post
    Didn’t they say the Legion stole the Helm and Frostmourne from SL? This is a retcon obviously but I’m pretty sure I saw that during one of the presentations.
    We don’t even know if demons can enter the Shadowlands yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    There is also the question what happens with demon souls who die permanently.
    Souls can go away forever, even with the Shadowlands. From the website about the Night Fae:
    "For the first time in endless ages, the night fae's Winter Queen must choose which of the land’s formerly lush groves—and which souls—will be fed the last precious drops of anima… and which will fade away forever."
    So demons who die permanently probably are just gone completely (at least until they decide otherwise).

Likewise, none of the Nathrezim stuff really matters either. I'm not trying to be cynical about Blizzard's retcons, but it's true. If they want a different backstory for the Nathrezim, they'll give it to us. I mean, where the Helm and Frostmourne came from has already changed a couple of times (even if they were minor changes). Besides, none of the information we've had about the Nathrezim has ever been that detailed.

As for the main question, I think it would be hard for the Legion to have not known about the Shadowlands. In fact, I think it's possible they might have even known what was going on. Check out these quotes:

Gul'dan in Nighthold: "Your pathetic Horde will fall to dust. In the end, death will inherit this world... and she will be waiting."
    Varimathras in Antorus: "So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job. Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did. It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst."

Gul'dan certainly seemed to expect that Sylvanas would willingly bring death to Azeroth, and Varimathras suspected that Vol'jin was tricked into handing over the position of Warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    Gul'dan in Nighthold: "Your pathetic Horde will fall to dust. In the end, death will inherit this world... and she will be waiting."
    Omg, I just realized... was Gul'dan speaking about the Arbiter?

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Anyone who learned necromancy knew about existence of shadowlands

- - - Updated - - -

It's already established that their homeworld was Nathreza, which was located in twisting nether - they are not naturally connected to shadowlands, they go back to twisting nether after death, or permanently die after... dying in twisting nether

- - - Updated - - -

Argus used to be an anchor to make sure that demons spawn in one place instead of somewhere in twisted nether
    There is a difference between knowing a place exists and knowing what its like though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Misanthropia View Post
    I know the Lich King was a guardian, but that seems to be new lore somewhat.

Was the legion ever aware of the existence of that plane and did they do something in order to affect it? Except denying it souls via the Lich King.

Discuss
    i think we will find out in torghast, with the whole story about the helm of domination and frostmourne. i would say that given how the legion made the lich king they would be aware of the connection. maybe not experts of the magic of the shadowlands but aware of its usage.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe before Sargeras came to Argus, the Eredar were aware of the Shadowlands via trying to use death related magic(I mean their society really revolved around being good at magic). That might even tie in with the whole soulbinding/Auchindoun stuff.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by TayFarr View Post
    I'm pretty sure it was noted, that all things will be established in the expansion, can we not with threads like this?
    Speculation can still be fun. If you don't want to speculate, don't come to speculation threads.

Plus, no way will they be able to cover EVERY possible question anyone could possibly have.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Maybe before Sargeras came to Argus, the Eredar were aware of the Shadowlands via trying to use death related magic(I mean their society really revolved around being good at magic). That might even tie in with the whole soulbinding/Auchindoun stuff.
    I doubt it. From looking into Mac'Aree in the past it was pretty clear the Eredar were an Arcane race. After all, that's usually how Fel magic is so tempting, because it offers power for little disicpline. Arcane is the opposite. Sargeras came to Argus because the Fel tempts Arcane users easily.

The Legion in total was good at everything. The Eredar is just one race among them.

If they didn't know about the Shadowlands, the Lich King would've never been a thing.

Well the Legion would end all life, that would boost anima batteries initially but would have funny implications in shadow lands in the long term and till life found its way back on the fel suffocating worlds.
    It would be funny to check whereas the Legion got access to the shadow lands through argus as we can assume that he had some affinity to that realm