Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksaf View Post
    That would be great. I'd love it. Doubt it would
    Actually happen. Love it if it did.
    It always kind of amazes me how Blizzard can miss out on their own established class fantasy.

Kill Shot is ok, Hunter's mark can fuck off.
    Danwo

All they need to do is look at any expansion pre legion for ideas on the hunter class. When they revamped hunters they had absolutely no idea what they were doing. They don't play their game, they're not invested. I'm not hopefull.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd give anything to get Mists BM hunter back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    All they need to do is look at any expansion pre legion for ideas on the hunter class. When they revamped hunters they had absolutely no idea what they were doing. They don't play their game, they're not invested. I'm not hopefull.
    Hy-Hy-Hyperbole Combo!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Hy-Hy-Hyperbole Combo!
    Unfortunately for you blizzard has pretty much admitted on numerous occasations they had no idea what they were doing. Which makes you look really dumb.
    I think the special blue hunter feedback thread 2 days before the legion lauch topped it all. Or 7.1.5.

Not so much come back, but would love for them to give us quivers, ammo pouches, crossbow bolt quivers, and allow us to put weapon enchant appearances on our weapons.

Im pretty stoked to see kill shot back for sure having reliable base ability execute damage is really nice.
    As for Hunters mark and eyes of the beast its kinda meh
    As long as the duration of mark is long enough so i don't have to re apply it on bosses
    Or just make it a passive effect that triggers on its own maybe have it do different things depending on if it was triggered by a aoe or single target ability.

Main thing i used to use eyes of the beast for was to rp walk as a lvl 1 mob in starter areas to trick new lvl ones to flag them selves for pvp so i could kill them when i was bored or to take boss kill screenshots as i could get a better camera angle with my pet which could be nice

Things i hope to see change in shadowlands that is hunter specific
    Game play things.
    Bring back ranged SV having a slightly bursty dot based spec was a ton of fun and it was a rather relaxing spec to play.
    Offensive traps for all specs would be nice to spice things up a little tho i only really miss explosive trap.
    Bring back some form of pet training so i can just train my choice of pet as i see fit ( kinda more of a cosmetic thing as i like to make my pet match my mog but as BM hunter your pretty much stuck with spirit beasts cause of there overall toolkit )
    I would also love a fully mobile MM spec again.

Cosmetic things.
    Quivers and ammo pouches
    Some sort of weapon glow for ranged weapons / maybe some cool looking tracer lines or something i have all these cool weapon glows i cant use for anything.
    Removal of the spec restrictions for the artifact weapons as the MM artifact bow i still one of the best looking bows ever added to the game.

Oh and overall revert the GCD back to how it was in legion the change sucks not just for hunters but for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Donkeywing View Post
    I think the special blue hunter feedback thread 2 days before the legion lauch topped it all. Or 7.1.5.
    Personally I understood the depth of their incompetence once I read their argument that BM needed a lot of downtime in its rotation so it had time to manage its pet.

5+ Year Old Account
    I hope survival stays as it is, we don't need 3 ranged specs. It is one of the most fun specs to play in the entire game right now.

I would hope for one thing to return most people don't even remember nor do they know how it worked and how much fun it was (for the hunter): that is the effect of glyph of concussive shot. It entirely ignored the speed of the target, whatever it was, and set it to 50%, that is 50% as an absolute value not relative to the actual speed the target had. You could easily outrun mounted people, it destroyed ferals and even people on flying mounts couldn't get away before they were shot to death. Great times.

Just two examples, Pala on flying mount, at that time 472% absolute speed:

70% snare from chains of ice (if it was a thing back then) --> resulted in 141% snared speed for the pala on the flying mount
    50% snare from glyphed concussive shot --> resulted in 50% snared speed for the pala on the flying mount

As you can see, the resulting speed difference after being snared is extreme.

The sad part is, that they didn't even remove the glyph intentionally. They merged concussive shot with arcane shot for a short time, and after undoing this change, the glyph didn't come back.
    Last edited by XMD7007; 2019-11-18 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gasparde View Post
    Ranged SV is the only important thing.
    It's allready "Ranged SV". It's pvp niche is working because its breaks the melee balance. A melee spec with control and a 100% uptime is simply hard to balance.

Give SV the melee limitations it deserves and you will get more support for "bring back ranged SV". Right now its a simple spam spec with no role limitations. At least its not overtuned in PvE or it would be just as cancerous as DH.
    -

SV hunter now is Shit.
    And there are players who say let SV be like it is.
    Danwo

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    I wouldn ‘t be so certain of Survival not being reverted to ranged. It goes completely in line with this whole “fixing” or getting back to class fantasy over spec fantasy.

Notice how they didn’t get into details on class changes and overhauls, because of how polemic that is and has always been.

Acknowledging for 2 expansions in a row the utter failure of melee survival, how hunters are locked between only 2 real specs and how badly the game needs popular changes, I really wouldn’t be surprised with this great news: ranged Survival back to its glory!

Also, ranged DK (renamed to Necromancer spec, replacing Unholy) and ranged rogue (replacing Sub). I wonder how would the community receive that...
    Hopefully they won't ruin survival by changing it. Just needs a viable AoE talent set to replace the azerite traits. A small damage buff would be nice.

Getting rid of melee hunter and adding ranged rogue in the same patch makes no sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    I only ask for MM to be good at 1v1 pvp. If that's not possible, then BM. If that's also not possible because Blizzards is hellbent on World of Meleecraft, then, without exageration, I will not even buy the next expansion. The PTR will reveal if I buy Shadowlands or not.
    Yeah, it is really weird that MM isn't the hardest hitting spec in the game 1v1. Aimed shot should be a "wtf happened and where is my HP" kind of deal.

- - - Updated - - -

Ranged SV is the only important thing. I don't care about getting Kill shot for BM, I don't care about getting Serpent Sting or some shit for MM, both of these specs are relatively fine. Ranged SV was the most fun I've ever had with the class and without it, it's just whatever. Give me my third spec back and get rid of that fucking abomination nobody's ever asked for.

If you wanna keep Raptor Strike and Mongoose bite for whatever fucking reason just give Hunters melee weapons back. Melee SV is a failure, nobody's playing it, it doesn't have a role in a raid and nobody fucking wanted it to begin with. Give me fucking ranged SV back, it's the only thing I care about.
    Even if SV were ranged, unless it did substantially more DPS than BM, it wouldn't be played.

Also, SV is pretty good, but two problems:

1. Uldir being melee-unfriendly pushed people away early
    2. The nerf to Blur of Talons for being too good relative to other azerite was unneeded or needed a flat damage % buff to compensate

With azerite going away, there is lots of room to make SV either the ST king of the game again or give it an AoE build to compete with other classes in spread cleave fights.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danwo View Post
    Kill Shot is ok, Hunter's mark can fuck off.
    Both are terrible. People have cried enough to get Blizzard to revert quality of life changes. It is insane.

I don't need a separate ability to press below 20%. My normal filler ability can do 20% more damage if you really feel the need. But better off averaging that damage out across the whole fight and keep 1 less keybind.

You can always LARP and whisper "kill shot" while hitting cobra or steady if you need it that badly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    Personally I understood the depth of their incompetence once I read their argument that BM needed a lot of downtime in its rotation so it had time to manage its pet.
    For those who didn't play previous expansions, at times your pet would get stuck on seemingly smooth floors due to slight terrain bumps. Part of raiding was watching your pet to make sure it hadn't gotten stuck. Usually you could spam passive mode and it would teleport back to you then charge back in.

Also, instead of dumb things like hunters mark and killshot, they should give real charge back to pets, and pet talents.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

Quote Originally Posted by XMD7007 View Post
    I hope survival stays as it is, we don't need 3 ranged specs. It is one of the most fun specs to play in the entire game right now.
    We don't "need" a melee spec, either. In fact, people were generally happier when it was 3 ranged specs and I would argue that, while it was not necessarily "needed" to have 3 ranged specs, it was optimal class design.

We are the only class that uses ranged weapons. That means all forms of ranged weapon combat are represented via the Hunter class. That's why it made sense to have 3 ranged specs, especially when we also had the pet focus. You had one focused on pets and how they interact with a ranged spec, one focused on the side of ranged weapon combat that involves long-ranged sharpshooting and killshots, and one focused on ranged weapon combat focused around shots buffed with special effects such as poisons and explosives. It made sense, it was effective, and it meant we could explore multiple themes and combat styles around ranged weapons.

With ranged SV gone and BM focusing much, much more on the pets than the ranged weapon itself, we've effectively crammed all ranged weapon themes and styles into one spec and it hasn't worked well... all so we could get a 13th melee weapon user? That doesn't make sense.

Also, fun is subjective here. I've seen plenty of people who don't like Survival, and even though it undoubtedly has a toolkit that flows well it does remain as one of the game's least-popular specs. I really never put muck stock in the over-the-top praises people love to pile onto SV. One would think that if it were so great many people would actually play it. Ranged SV was routinely one of the most popular specs in the game, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Hopefully they won't ruin survival by changing it. Just needs a viable AoE talent set to replace the azerite traits. A small damage buff would be nice.
    The line from SV Hunters is always that we are a few tweaks away from SV greatness but fact of the matter is being melee is a major barrier for most Hunters to play it and there is really not much one melee spec among 13 can do to stand out and get people to reroll. Bribing people to play it with damage buffs is not the answer.

Even if SV were ranged, unless it did substantially more DPS than BM, it wouldn't be played.
    Why? Ranged SV usually was not substantially more DPS than BM but it was routinely just as popular if not moreso. Ranged SV was more represented throughout SoO despite being numerically worse off than BM, for example.

Also, SV is pretty good, but two problems:

1. Uldir being melee-unfriendly pushed people away early
    2. The nerf to Blur of Talons for being too good relative to other azerite was unneeded or needed a flat damage % buff to compensate
    The first point doesn't make much sense. Plenty of other melee specs remained at high representation in that tier and SV had extremely high single target damage. It's just never going to be a popular spec; that's the fact of the matter. That's not going to change even if they make it the best damage spec in just the right tier. Again, bribing people to play it is not the answer.

Secondly, the Blur nerf did indeed nerf the whole spec, but it's not like it had no damage to lose. It was still a strong ST spec after that change and even to this day.

Both are terrible. People have cried enough to get Blizzard to revert quality of life changes. It is insane.

I don't need a separate ability to press below 20%. My normal filler ability can do 20% more damage if you really feel the need. But better off averaging that damage out across the whole fight and keep 1 less keybind.

You can always LARP and whisper "kill shot" while hitting cobra or steady if you need it that badly.
    Hunter's Mark is tricky but ultimately it's a good thing to have in PvP situations. They could just do what they did in MoP and make our abilities apply Hunter's Mark so you don't necessarily have to spend a GCD every time.

Kill Shot is very fun to have, period. Having a ranged execute works well thematically, and from a gameplay standpoint it makes it feel much more rewarding and reminds you that you've almost won when you see Kill Shot light up. It was also fun to snipe other low-health targets with mouseover Kill Shots which provided a way to stand out among other Hunters. It was a good thing to have.

For those who didn't play previous expansions, at times your pet would get stuck on seemingly smooth floors due to slight terrain bumps. Part of raiding was watching your pet to make sure it hadn't gotten stuck. Usually you could spam passive mode and it would teleport back to you then charge back in.

Also, instead of dumb things like hunters mark and killshot, they should give real charge back to pets, and pet talents.
    I would be really upset to learn that they thought 40% downtime was necessary because sometimes our pet would bug out and we had to account for that. Plus, 40% downtime is not going to make having to cast a 3 second Dismiss Pet less punishing. Regardless, the downtime is a lot lower now than in Legion so evidently they realised that approach was a mistake.

So what's the excuse for MM existing then? What a silly argument. SV was way more popular than MM throughout all of MoP and during Highmaul & BRF, that was until they announced to fuck over SV for no apparent reason.

So, instead of keeping the ranged spec that people liked more... the one they liked more got turned into a melee spec while the one no one really cared about got completely reworked. Outstanding and brilliant move.

They could've made BM the melee-ranged hybrid SV was supposed to be and no one would've batted an eye... because BM could already do whatever the fuck it wanted. But instead of improving the spec people actually liked they just randomly decided to remove both non-BM specs and force 2 entirely new specs onto everyone, one even being from a different role.

The removal of SV was bullshit. BM being more popular has got absolutely nothing to do with it. That's like turning Arcane Mages into a melee spec just because why the fuck not, more people are playing Frost anyways, ez.

I want ranged survival but don't think it will ever happen again. Also, I want some dots. pls, just some dots. Hunters are fucking garbage on multitarget boss fights. Baseline serpent sting which works with a trick shot.

Also, let BM hunter dismiss pets instantly to swap them. It would make spec far more interesting in dungeons.

Need BL, swap to BL pet and again back to dispel pet etc. instead of being forced to have 1 pet in the fight because of 3 sec cast time. (i know bat has both but that was an example)
    Last edited by kappalol; 2019-11-19 at 09:40 AM.

I always played melee classes, and never even thought about hunter until Legion. There I tried it and loved it, both ad Survival and as BM.. In BfA Survival is much less fun than in Legion, but I like to be able to switch between ranged and melee. I hope they keep this option somehow

The Hunter class should be reduced to 2 specs. A ranged and a melee.

The ranged should be a precise sniper with hard hitting abilities with long cast time and low mobility.

The melee should be high pace with great utility and a complex rotation.
    Last edited by Kaver; 2019-11-19 at 07:58 PM.

So what's the excuse for MM existing then?
    "No one plays MM", just like no one will play ranged SV, unless they're given the top damage slot by a wide enough margin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kappalol View Post
    I want ranged survival but don't think it will ever happen again. Also, I want some dots. pls, just some dots. Hunters are fucking garbage on multitarget boss fights. Baseline serpent sting which works with a trick shot.

Also, let BM hunter dismiss pets instantly to swap them. It would make spec far more interesting in dungeons.

Need BL, swap to BL pet and again back to dispel pet etc. instead of being forced to have 1 pet in the fight because of 3 sec cast time. (i know bat has both but that was an example)
    Even if not instant, at least lowering it to one global for dismiss is absolutely necessary.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

hunter class is fked unless they revert MM to legion and SV to mop. never seen a class so gutted in my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well... i do like my SV melee hunter, i do agree that it requires some work, it was way better at the start of Legion, mainly cause the Artifact ability made things go smooth mainly at the start of the expansion, where said ability was not part of the GCD (for some goddamned reason, it was later added to the GCD and made the whole thing feel wonky), right now is not that wonky but it doesn't have the bones is used to have in Legion