Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by riptor7364 View Post
    I personally HATE the new SV design. I can't stand it. Tried it twice, refuse to go anywhere near it again.. It doesn't feel like Hunter, at all for me, and it's a mystery to me why people like this spec. It's like we already had BM as this close/mid range "brawling" spec, we didn't need another one..
    the fact that the average request from SV players is for dual wielding, when they only have 1 melee attack, should tell you enough. it's a niche spec for special snowflakes or RPers.

Quote Originally Posted by F Rm View Post
    Sign me up for the return of ranged Survival. Preferably in the form of a 4th spec option.

But yeah, I'll take it by reverting current SV back to ranged as well(provided that there's still some way to opt into the melee playstyle as well). If they can achieve this, then yes. Otherwise, go for the 4th spec route.
    i have a feeling that survival will stay melee, but that could certainly change.

one thing im more sure of - nobody is getting 4th specs.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    Which is a big mistake imo, this would have been a very good time to spice up things after everyone kept complaining about specs in BFA. But I guess they're blinded by Classic's success and so they'd rather take steps back than forward. Who wants garbage like Hunter's Mark, really? As functional abilities? Give them tomes or glyphs or whatever to play with it but make the specs fun to play again. And a 4th spec definitely would not have hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by DazManianDevil View Post
    Correct, however iirc MM wasn't better than Surv until you had over 50% raw ArP and a Grim Toll from Naxx for proc'd ArP cap, as top logs for TogC included SV hunters. Explosive shot was all about raw AP, I fondly remember duel wielding with +65 AP enchants for this very reason.
    I think his previous post was more along the lines of "During wrath we had cooler stats" which I concur with.
    At least we don't have Expertise anymore, that expansion is when my Hunter gathered the most dust.
    Hunters didn’t need expertise in wrath. Mop was the only expansion hunters needed expertise. So made up

Quote Originally Posted by Kissthebaby View Post
    Hunters didn’t need expertise in wrath. Mop was the only expansion hunters needed expertise. So made up
    This is correct, my grammar was off and I forgot to specify my shift of view from Wrath specifically into MoP which had expertise, and was the time I let my hunter collect a lot of dust as in my earlier post.
    Bears, Beets, Battlestar Galactica.

Melee survival is trash and ruined the hunter class.

BFA MM is equally trash leaving hunters with only 1 really viable spec for the entire expansion. All because Blizzard will never ever admit they were wrong about anything.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    i have a feeling that survival will stay melee, but that could certainly change.

How can one be certain of anything in this game?

If anything, the changes made to SV going into Legion are the very definition of how uncertain things can be.
    Those changes came out of the blue. They weren't a natural path of development for the spec.
    No one was asking for those changes to the spec to occur.

Ofc it's not justified to add in a 4th spec to every single class just for the sake of it. There are certain criteria that needs to be met for additional spec options to be warranted.

RSV happens to meet those criteria. With the additional bonus of actually being a former spec/playstyle which we've had access to in the past. A playstyle which a lot of players liked. And, it's for the very reason of why/how we lost that spec which makes it justified to add in a 4th spec for the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Which is a big mistake imo, this would have been a very good time to spice up things after everyone kept complaining about specs in BFA. Who wants garbage like Hunter's Mark, really? As functional abilities? Give them tomes or glyphs or whatever to play with it but make the specs fun to play again. And a 4th spec definitely would not have hurt.
    I would agree with this.

And about Hunter's Mark. On the list of potential abilities we might see return to be a part of the baseline toolkit for the class, Hunter's Mark wasn't even on that list.
    In PvP, it has it's use ofc. Beyond being a type of damage amp.

But for PvE, it will only really serve as just that, a GCD spent on nothing but a passive damage boost. As if we don't have enough of those things already. Especially BM.

Granted we don't yet know the exact nature of the design of said ability, and how we will use it in SL. But I doubt it will be changed all that much from how it currently works as a talent for MM.

Quote Originally Posted by renatompassos View Post
    Also, ranged DK (renamed to Necromancer spec, replacing Unholy) and ranged rogue (replacing Sub). I wonder how would the community receive that...
    you were doing well but then you went full baka

Quote Originally Posted by riptor7364 View Post
    What I would like to see for Shadowlands, is a rework of SV, where the spec has something more akin to how UH DK works, in that with DK you festering strike to create stacks on target, and then you spend those stacks with an ability, and depending on the ability, you either do additional damage with your primary attack, or you do something like apocalypse.. a special ability only available when you stack those resources.

A mechanic like this for SV, with both ranged and melee abilities, is something I would love to see, personally.. where you start the fight out ranged, work toward stacking your target with those debuffs, and then the dynamics of the fight change depending on how/where you want to take the fight, or who you're fighting..
    That's exactly what I'd like to see SV too, hybrid ranged-melee where you stack buffs/defuffs atacking ranged, using traps and then you jump on them to finish them at melee range.

And about MM, I hope it gets fixed somehow, it sucks since legion.