Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    MM getting chimera shot back. Didn't see that one coming. We are literally just going back in time.

7+ Year Old Account
    It really did tho! Things are looking better for MM for Shadowlands

Quote Originally Posted by Brocksley View Post
    MM getting chimera shot back. Didn't see that one coming. We are literally just going back in time.
    Got any source on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Exorzon View Post
    Got any source on that?
    Yeah the class changes on the front page https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ld-9-0-1-33978

It looks like BM is getting a passive 100% increase to focus regeneration, I haven't played my hunter for a while so is this new or is it already in BfA?

pack tactics

I'm hoping this will make BM more fast paced, like a ranged version of fury or havoc where there is always a button to press and no downtime.
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Yeah the class changes on the front page https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ld-9-0-1-33978
    Thanks! I completely overlooked that the first time

15+ Year Old Account
    As MM player I am really happy with most of the changes (so far)!

Marksmanship: Talent changes

Barrage (changed) Row 2, Column 2.
    Even if Barrage now only hits 8 targets, it is still too big of a risk when using it instances. Also i would never pick it over Careful Aim, that talent is way to good and should be baked in. If i could change Barrage I would make it an passive that gives Rapid Fire always the benefit of Trick Shots and lower the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 5 seconds.

Binding Shackles (New) Row 5, Column 3.
    Okay I guess, not very special, would be better if it was to all partymembers.

Chimaera Shot (new) Row 4, Column 3.
    Damage seems what lackluster comparing it to Arcane Shot, hopefully it still needs a proper tuning pass. I would not mind it if the spell replaced Arcane Shot and Steady Shot making it an instant cast generator.

Dead Eye (new) Row 6, Column 2.
    I love this one and it's Synergy with Flayed Shot (new - Venthyr only)

Volley (new) Row 7, Column 3.
    The Area of Effect damage seems really powerful! Comparing the damage to Aimed Shot is almost two Aimed Shots on all targets in the area and it grants Trick Shots So your rapid fire and Aimed shot also hit all targets.

Other stuff:

If you ask me (I know you didn't, still posting this) Calling the Shots is still useful but Load and Load needs to replace Serpent Sting on row 1 or something or become baseline. Then you can make a choice between free Aimed Shots or 25% more crit chance via Master Marksman.

New talent tree on WowHead.com: https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/tale...r/marksmanship

Hopefully there are more talent changes or rotationa changes coming to MM, if not then this might be looking to be quite a disappointing expansion to play MM in. I managed one expansion of this gameplay before the annoyances started to pile up, and while i thought Kill Shot would spice up the rotation enough, i don't think it has enough synergy with the other abilities to really amount ot much more than an extra button to click during execute.

Careful Aim still being a thing despite Kill Shot being part of the rotation is also pretty baffling, meaning that MM will either do respectable damamge only in execute, or Kill Shot will be absolutely pitiful.

- - - Updated - - -

At this rate i might convert to Survival DPS, hopefully it is more interesting to play than MM seems to be in SL.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

needs to be buffed. it's the weak BM version that's a generator.

Stood in the Fire Grand Phoenix's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but I was wondering: since Tranquilizing Shot is coming back, does that mean the dispels on hunter pets like spirit beasts are being removed? My guess is if that's the case, then that would mean those pets that do have dispels are going to be reworked to have talents that are more utility-based, right?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    needs to be buffed. it's the weak BM version that's a generator.
    If only it replaced Steady Shot... But even then I don't think it's worth a talent.

Chimera shot for MM feels weird, honestly. Sure it used to be part of the rotation, but it never felt to me like an actual fitting ability for a master of archery to use, it always felt more like a Survival ability. Would probably feel better about it if it was simply reskinned into a "twin arrows" ability or similar where you simply get the cleave. Would also help if it activated trick shot to allow MM to have cleave at 2 enemies.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    It really did tho! Things are looking better for MM for Shadowlands
    tbh they are not, mm have the same issues that the spec have at BFA, we cant cleave 2 targets, same aimed system recharge.

To be honest the hunter in the first build have not changed at all, there are some new talents but the cores issues is the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    I like!! Bring on SL.

Dead Eye
    Master sharpshooters can empower Kill Shot with Dead Eye, a new Talent that lets the Hunter store 2 charges of Kill Shot.
    It also makes Aimed Shot recharge faster for a short time whenever Kill Shot is used.
    - Awesome more Aimed Shots!

Volley
    Volley is a new Talent that enables the Marksman Hunter to rain arrows down on a targeted area over a short period of time. It also empowers the Hunter with the Trick Shots buff, causing all their Aimed Shot and Rapid Fire abilities to ricochet and hit up to five additional targets for half the damage for the entire duration of Volley.
    - Two target cleave! Finally! I feel so sad when there are only 2 targets to shoot.

Flayed Shot(Venthyr)
    Fire a shot at your enemy, causing them to suffer Shadow damage over a period of time. When it deals damage, you have a chance to gain Flayer's Mark.
    Causing your next Kill Shot to be usable on any target, regardless of their current health.
    Nicely empowered by Dead Eye.

>>> Now we only need Arcane shot and Multi-shot back as focus generators and remove the trashy Steady Shot. <<<
    The cast time on Steady Shot is annoying as hell.
    And then there's the whole "accidently finger steadyshot" with no way of canceling it.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Now Hunter's Mark becomes baseline, isn't it time to remove it from the GCD in Shadowlands?

I totally hate it now in multi target situations, mainly because of the GCD. So I'm not using it because of that. (Running Streamline now)
    But if it becomes baseline I feel forced to use it. What about you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Now Hunter's Mark becomes baseline, isn't it time to remove it from the GCD in Shadowlands?

I totally hate it now in multi target situations, mainly because of the GCD. So I'm not using it because of that. (Running Streamline now)
    But if it becomes baseline I feel forced to use it. What about you guys?
    Well either that or we have to speak up and kindly ask them to remove it alltogether, I'm sure a very few actually do want that ability to stick around.

On the subject of GCD though if we are forced to play BM for yet another expansion I sure as hell hope they remove the GCD from Bestial Wrath, it's the most clunkiest feeling I've ever endured in this game's 15 year lifespan

7+ Year Old Account
    With Volley you'll be able to cleave 2 targets every 45s and we're also getting Chimaera Shot back which hits 2 targets .

Lots of things are changing for MM. Our mobility and peel will be back to that of wod times excluding the stun and the damage potential is real. Kill Shot will make us a strong finisher spec as well depending on the tuning. True, same Aimed Shot recharge system but we're keeping rapid fire in addition to Kill Shot and Chimeara Shot which will free us from having to cast Aimed Shot or depend on Rapidfire to kill the target in pvp.

Fun stuff man check out the new talent layout and the tabs to the right. It shows all the abilities we're getting. https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/tale...r/marksmanship

If you read disengage for example you'll notice that Narrow Escape is in the tooltip where it webs targets in an 8yrd radius. Like the old talent lol . Idk what that means but thats huge if we get it
    Last edited by RsinRC; 2020-04-11 at 04:00 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RsinRC View Post
    With Volley you'll be able to cleave 2 targets every 45s and we're also getting Chimaera Shot back which hits 2 targets .

Lots of things are changing for MM. Our mobility and peel will be back to that of wod times excluding the stun and the damage potential is real. Kill Shot will make us a strong finisher spec as well depending on the tuning. True, same Aimed Shot recharge system but we're keeping rapid fire in addition to Kill Shot and Chimeara Shot which will free us from having to cast Aimed Shot or depend on Rapidfire to kill the target in pvp.

Fun stuff man check out the new talent layout and the tabs to the right. It shows all the abilities we're getting. https://shadowlands.wowhead.com/tale...r/marksmanship

If you read disengage for example you'll notice that Narrow Escape is in the tooltip where it webs targets in an 8yrd radius. Like the old talent lol . Idk what that means but thats huge if we get it
    Still even if you use Volley on 2 targets it has a 45sec cooldown and kinda goes to waste. Since it hits all targets in its area its clearly meant as an AoE attack and not a cleave one. I still say: have Chimera Shot apply Trick Shot aswell and let it replace Arcane Shot.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    And Beastmaster should have been a dual wielding melee spec fashioned after Rexxar. But thanks to the Legion artifacts, what ever proficiency the specs use now is what they will always use.
    I was never against a melee hunter spec, but yeah, I always found it super wierd that they chose to make it Survival and not Beastmastery exactly because of the iconic beastmaster being a melee character! It also looks super silly, that his "official" spec as a follower is "survival", despite his title being "Beastmaster" hah.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

15+ Year Old Account
    Uhh okay just found this while i was looking up Hunter's Mark, Flayers Mark, could this be a covenant talent tree upgrade? Or just an old version of the Flayed Shot?

Still a long Cooldown and no mayor help with cleaving 2 targets. You better use it on many targets.