Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Shadowlands allied race speculation

So from what I can tell it seems like four of these new covenant races use existing race skeletons and have obvious allied race potential

First off we have the gargoyle dudes -

The males seem to possibly use a modified worgen male model while the females appear to possibly use either the female worgen model or zandalari troll boomkin model, none of which are used for any allied races currently. These races could potentially have expandable wings as a racial similar to demon hunters. Kind of a long shot but they would be an awesome allied race for the horde.

Next we have the satyr dudes -

These seem to use a modified female draenei skeleton, which is currently already used by the lightforged draenei but let's face it those are completely half assed and barely count. Likely to be an alliance allied race.

Vampire dudes/venthyr -

From what I can see in the trailer, these appear to use the nightborne skeleton. Would be kind of lazy to use that again and they would also have little thematic variation from the gargoyles but they have potential to be an allied race and fill whatever demand there might be for vampire/undead elves now that the san'layn seem to be more or less extinct.

Blue dudes/kyrian -

High potential to be an allied race, not sure if they use an existing skeleton but if so probably human. They could also have expandable wings since they appear to have wings in the trailer.

Anyone else been thinking about this? Sorry if there's any existing threads, didn't see one

Hard to imagine any of these races choosing Alliance or Horde other than Kryrians obviously being closer to Alliance aesthetic and Necrolords being closer to Horde...

I so LOVE the gargoyles..I really really would love them as a playable race

The fact that the only interesting two are already billed to go Horde would bother me, if it wasn't the case already since TBC

Hmm. Maybe 4 neutral allied races that can be both Horde or Alliance similar to Pandaran?

I would love to have a vampire playable race as long as they get a non nightborne animations and such

Will Allied Races still be a thing after BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    The fact that the only interesting two are already billed to go Horde would bother me, if it wasn't the case already since TBC
    Alliance has always been the more traditional "pretty" races. If you don't like that, you're playing the wrong faction.

Would such races be able to exist in azeroths physical plane?

Objectively looking.

Ven'thyr would be a massive fan service, I don't doubt for a second there would be massive support for a "vampire" race.

Personally, I'm not sure If I want it. But there's no denying it would appeal to a lot of players.

Quote Originally Posted by Vashen the Paladin View Post
    Would such races be able to exist in azeroths physical plane?
    A good point. But I reckon, with what we've seen so far, the lines & rules are already being blurred.
    I don't think Blizzard would have a hard time making it work.
    Last edited by Snowfunk; 2019-11-04 at 07:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Sure, the Night Fae and Necrlord appeal to me the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Hard to imagine any of these races choosing Alliance or Horde other than Kryrians obviously being closer to Alliance aesthetic and Necrolords being closer to Horde...
    This exactly.

You don't go to Sigil, city of Doors looking to recruit forces for your petty prime material land dispute. The more planar we go the more ridiculous we look as factions looking to expand for reasons well below said planars' paygrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads View Post
    Alliance has always been the more traditional "pretty" races. If you don't like that, you're playing the wrong faction.
    *Look at the Draeneï, Worgens and Mechagnomes*

Okay.

But, seriously.

Alliance

Draeneï - Needed a lore-breaking change to even exist
    Worgen - needed a lore-breaking change to even exist and aren't even a real race, just cursed humans
    Void Elves - needed a lore-breaking change to even exist and are probably not a real race, just cursed elves; nobody wanted them and they had zero prior development at all
    Lightforged - What's the difference with normal Draeneï ? Light harder ?
    Kul Tirans - Somehow, they are bigger than normal humans, but at elast they feel really distinct, far more than Worgens do
    Dark Irons - the one Allied Race for the Alliance which made sense and was actually requested as far back as Cataclysm adding in lore to the Alliance
    Mechagnomes - needed a lore-breaking change to even exist, bring nothing that the core race gave to the Alliance and are fucking ugly

Horde

Blood Elves - already established and had compelling reasons to join the Horde
    Goblins - already established and had compelling reasons to join the Horde
    Highmountains - don't bring much, if anything, compared to normal Taurens but at least they were well established beforehand
    Nightborne - mostly like the Highmountains but for blood Elves, and even then, Blizzard managed to gave them a distinct taste of arrogant and powerful magical society ingame
    Mag'har - those needed to have the lore broken to exist sure, but they did bring so many clans requested by the Horde players that even I will give them a pass
    Zandalari - they are to Darkspears what the kaldorei of old would be to the wretched things Blizzard has reduced the current ones; I don't care what faction you main, if you don't like Zandalari, I think you have poor taste
    Vulpera - well-flesh, unique, distincts from the goblins but indeed working as an allied race

And none of this can be blamed on developers but those working on the Alliance side of things. They are the ones who green-lighted the retcons of Draeneï and Worgens after having green-lighted them to become the new Alliance races. As for the Allied races, the Horde developers actually understood how awesome it is as an addition to WoW and managed to cram two potential ones in one zone when the Alliance ones couldn't even be bothered to see one in the BFA original patch, and we add to wait to see them introduce those abominations called mechagnomes!

My first thoughts are that the blue people and the forest people will be Alliance, because, they both seem very alliance-ish. And the other two will be Horde because the seem Horde-ish.
    Zandalari are now the right height! https://i.imgur.com/4Tgu3K0.jpg Thank you to everyone that helped make this happen! https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9447661?page=1

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by gd8 View Post
    High potential to be an allied race, not sure if they use an existing skeleton but if so probably human. They could also have expandable wings since they appear to have wings in the trailer.
    Well, I can tell you that the female Kyrians use the female Vrykul skeleton and rigging. Not sure about the males though. They definitely don't use the male Vrykul setup.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Since all new characters share same intro area and remaining subraces will be likely covered by new customization, there is no point for Allied Races anymore. Just introduce them as regular races so new players could play them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    *Look at the Draeneï, Worgens and Mechagnomes*

Okay.

But, seriously.

Alliance

Draeneï - Needed a lore-breaking change to even exist
    Worgen - needed a lore-breaking change to even exist and aren't even a real race, just cursed humans
    Void Elves - needed a lore-breaking change to even exist and are probably not a real race, just cursed elves; nobody wanted them and they had zero prior development at all
    Lightforged - What's the difference with normal Draeneï ? Light harder ?
    Kul Tirans - Somehow, they are bigger than normal humans, but at elast they feel really distinct, far more than Worgens do
    Dark Irons - the one Allied Race for the Alliance which made sense and was actually requested as far back as Cataclysm adding in lore to the Alliance
    Mechagnomes - needed a lore-breaking change to even exist, bring nothing that the core race gave to the Alliance and are fucking ugly

Horde

Blood Elves - already established and had compelling reasons to join the Horde
    Goblins - already established and had compelling reasons to join the Horde
    Highmountains - don't bring much, if anything, compared to normal Taurens but at least they were well established beforehand
    Nightborne - mostly like the Highmountains but for blood Elves, and even then, Blizzard managed to gave them a distinct taste of arrogant and powerful magical society ingame
    Mag'har - those needed to have the lore broken to exist sure, but they did bring so many clans requested by the Horde players that even I will give them a pass
    Zandalari - they are to Darkspears what the kaldorei of old would be to the wretched things Blizzard has reduced the current ones; I don't care what faction you main, if you don't like Zandalari, I think you have poor taste
    Vulpera - well-flesh, unique, distincts from the goblins but indeed working as an allied race

And none of this can be blamed on developers but those working on the Alliance side of things. They are the ones who green-lighted the retcons of Draeneï and Worgens after having green-lighted them to become the new Alliance races. As for the Allied races, the Horde developers actually understood how awesome it is as an addition to WoW and managed to cram two potential ones in one zone when the Alliance ones couldn't even be bothered to see one in the BFA original patch, and we add to wait to see them introduce those abominations called mechagnomes!
    Sounds like you've wanted Allinace to be something they're not since BC... instead of wishing for the game to be different, it sounds like you should just play a different faction or find a different game.

I've been Alliance since Vanilla and have no problem with the races, as they've always fit the aesthetic of the faction. Kul'Tirans are a bit dumb admittedly, but so are Zandalari, so who cares?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I already love the Venthyr, they realy look like actual vampires.. a differnt race entirely. Realy like their style and being all about blood magic as seen in the Venthyr clip shown at blizzcon.

I realy hope the San'layn gets mentioned or maybe even have a spot in their ranks and since Kael'thas is out there.. who knows how that works.

ps: Yea i am one of those suckers for blood magic/vampire culture in wow, this excites me
    Last edited by Alanar; 2019-11-04 at 09:27 PM.

IF they make the Covenant races into Allied races, they would all have to be neutral.

I hope the vampires make it, the amount of twilight/buffy/vampire diaries names would be hillarious to see.
    -