Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    I'm sure many feel she will become a raid boss eventually, just waiting for blizz to drop the news. :P
    Id place a large wager on her being dead by 10.0. Still i hope blightcaller doesnt get a raid treatment, hes to pathetic for that. Give us a nice dungeon set in like the Ruins of Undercity were that cunt can be farned endlessly

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    Does anyone else see this happening in 9.0 to feed him to death if asked?
    Why would she? Nathanos is loyal to her.

  3. #23
    I wonder why people hate one of the few characters who actually has personality

  4. #24
    Bloodsail Admiral Evaddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,140
    I'm still holding out hope Nathanos betrays her eventually...I like the character to much to see him just being a lackey hangout to dry!

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    I wonder why people hate one of the few characters who actually has personality
    Yeah doesn't make sense, he's the most consistent character with personality /shrug

    I hope it doesn't have anything to do with the Sylvanas+Nathanos thing..that would be silly

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Avellon View Post
    Considering Nathanos is Sylvanas' lover (clearely revealed in the loyalist quest line)... maybe in some tragic twisted way. Or self sacrifice on Nathanos' part.
    And here i thought that Anduin was her secret lover. :P
    A lover sacrifice would make sense.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  6. #26
    High Overlord Aleloron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Bel Air, MD
    Posts
    181
    He was in love with her in life and he still loves her even now. We men will do some damn stupid things for the women that we love, God knows.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    I wonder why people hate one of the few characters who actually has personality
    I mean the constant belittling and mockery while doing WQ was consistent but hardly endearing

  8. #28
    As long as he stays as his writer's self insert, nothing will happen to him. He might in fact continue to power up and become a demigod himself.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I mean the constant belittling and mockery while doing WQ was consistent but hardly endearing
    I actually enjoy his lines, I am so tired of always listening to the same lines "oh amazing great champion saviour of the world, bringing of big bad evil guys down please save us again". Always the same lines with just some different words, they don't even bother to actually match the words that the NPC whos giving the quest would say, that only happens with Nathanos, and to me it is nice to hear something different.

    In the first expansions we were still grunts, now we are champions or whatever, every single NPC treats us like Gods, it is nice once in a while, but it gets boring after 5 expansions of that.

  10. #30
    Dreadlord Miseration's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Soy de Arizona
    Posts
    912
    Some sensitive bitches in here if a voice bothers you that much.
    Stars Wars is lame. Change my mind.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    I actually enjoy his lines, I am so tired of always listening to the same lines "oh amazing great champion saviour of the world, bringing of big bad evil guys down please save us again". Always the same lines with just some different words, they don't even bother to actually match the words that the NPC whos giving the quest would say, that only happens with Nathanos, and to me it is nice to hear something different.

    In the first expansions we were still grunts, now we are champions or whatever, every single NPC treats us like Gods, it is nice once in a while, but it gets boring after 5 expansions of that.
    What can i say i just dont like a character whose main traits are being invovle with an elf chick and being a dick. Each to thier own

  12. #32
    The Undying Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    39,655
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    I actually enjoy his lines, I am so tired of always listening to the same lines "oh amazing great champion saviour of the world, bringing of big bad evil guys down please save us again". Always the same lines with just some different words, they don't even bother to actually match the words that the NPC whos giving the quest would say, that only happens with Nathanos, and to me it is nice to hear something different.

    In the first expansions we were still grunts, now we are champions or whatever, every single NPC treats us like Gods, it is nice once in a while, but it gets boring after 5 expansions of that.
    Thats not exactly a good reason.....
    #TeamLegion

    Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron

  13. #33
    Scarab Lord Soon-TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Netherstorm
    Posts
    4,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Avellon View Post
    Considering Nathanos is Sylvanas' lover (clearely revealed in the loyalist quest line)... maybe in some tragic twisted way. Or self sacrifice on Nathanos' part.
    Something tells me that he's been recently friendzoned LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    And here i thought that Anduin was her secret lover. :P
    A lover sacrifice would make sense.
    Oh c'mon, everybody knows that Anduin's secret lover was Baine. And now it seems they are going to publicly announce it
    "This world is a prison!"

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Something tells me that he's been recently friendzoned LOL



    Oh c'mon, everybody knows that Anduin's secret lover was Baine. And now it seems they are going to publicly announce it
    Oooooh! Nothing like the joy between a man and a cow! So that would mean that Anduin is a furry. :P
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephys View Post
    I wonder why people hate one of the few characters who actually has personality
    Well, purely having any personality is not enough to make someone like you.

    In Nathanos case his personality is that of a groveling bootlicker to Psychoqueen Sylvanas and a dictator barking orders like a mad dog to anyone else, purely being in a position of power because of Sylvanas. People like this do not have many friends or fans. Also he has the disadvantage of being a male human in a not particularly attractive model, while his boss can at least use her cute (albeit rotting) elven body to hide her psychopathic nature (which spurns the apologists to make up all sort of ridiculous reasons why she is not an evil monster that should be put down).

    There was talk that when we are sucked into the Maw not everyone would make it out. I would absolutely loooove to see Nathanos being sucked in, clinging to a ledge with the last of this strengh and Sylvanas standing over him and not helping. "You are no longer needed, my Champion, I found someone else." And stepping on his hand, so that in his last seconds Nathanos would realize that his beloved Dark Lady never cared for him at all.

    Probably unlikely, but it would be so satisfying to see him betrayed.

  16. #36


    Just gonna leave this here.

  17. #37
    Pandaren Monk Makabreska's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Orbis Terrarum
    Posts
    1,811
    100% sure, that if faced with the choice between fulfilling her goal or keeping Nathanos, she will easily choose the former.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing...

  18. #38
    The Lightbringer Dr Assbandit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,723
    Maybe I'm reading too much into it but in the loyalist cinematic the way Sylvanas and Nathanos say goodbye to each other seemed like a final farewell, so I'm assuming he's going to get offed pretty soon (thankfully).
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

    I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

  19. #39
    It seems Nathanos and Sylvanas are treated as human beings here.

    Personally I really like both characters and if I would place myself in their situation and think like a Forsaken (so far this is possible), I think both characters act exactly as they should act.

    Curious how their characters continue to develop. Would dislike to see Sylvanas as a pve boss, but Nathanos could be an interesting fight

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Well, purely having any personality is not enough to make someone like you.

    In Nathanos case his personality is that of a groveling bootlicker to Psychoqueen Sylvanas and a dictator barking orders like a mad dog to anyone else, purely being in a position of power because of Sylvanas. People like this do not have many friends or fans. Also he has the disadvantage of being a male human in a not particularly attractive model, while his boss can at least use her cute (albeit rotting) elven body to hide her psychopathic nature (which spurns the apologists to make up all sort of ridiculous reasons why she is not an evil monster that should be put down).

    There was talk that when we are sucked into the Maw not everyone would make it out. I would absolutely loooove to see Nathanos being sucked in, clinging to a ledge with the last of this strengh and Sylvanas standing over him and not helping. "You are no longer needed, my Champion, I found someone else." And stepping on his hand, so that in his last seconds Nathanos would realize that his beloved Dark Lady never cared for him at all.

    Probably unlikely, but it would be so satisfying to see him betrayed.
    I understand, well I actually like to watch different personalities, and having someone so distinct that doesn't treat me like a god everytime we chat feels like a breath of fresh air to me, but to each their own.

    What you suggest would be 100% impossible to happen if you knew the lore, but I wonder if the current writers know it as well so you never know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •