Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Ion Hazzikostas to German Magazine: Sub Rogue Redesign!?

https://translate.googleusercontent....YVzUF6ntExG5gM

buffed: You want to give the classes more identity. How does that happen?
    Hazzikostas: We do not completely turn the classes upside down, but bring back some skills. Legion says we've gone too far in some classes and specializations, so gamers have not felt comfortable with the character they've been traveling with for years. But we want to fix problems that exist: capabilities that do not work, how they should. Talent series that are way too powerful. A complete overhaul, such as the survival hunter, who suddenly no longer fights from afar, but from near, we do not intend. But there are some specializations that we want to touch. These include, for example, the deception scoundrel, because in recent years he has moved very much in the direction of shadow magic and teleportation, and that no longer corresponds to what one imagines under a WoW villain. We may be more in the direction of control, sneaking, and the image of the PvP archetype.
    Or, in the original German:

buffed: Ihr wollt den Klassen mehr Identität verpassen. Wie geschieht das?
    Hazzikostas: Wir stellen die Klassen nicht komplett auf den Kopf, sondern bringen einige Skills zurück. In Legion sind wir unserer Meinung bei manchen Klassen und Spezialisierungen zu weit gegangen, sodass sich Spieler nicht mehr mit dem Charakter wohlgefühlt haben, mit dem sie seit Jahren unterwegs sind. Wir wollen aber Probleme beheben, die es gibt: Fähigkeiten, die nicht funktionieren, wie sie sollten. Talentreihen, die viel zu mächtig ausfallen. Eine komplette Überarbeitung wie beispielsweise beim Überleben-Jäger, der plötzlich nicht mehr aus der Ferne, sondern aus der Nähe kämpft haben wir nicht vor. Aber es gibt ein paar Spezialisierungen, die wir anfassen wollen. Dazu zählt beispielsweise der Täuschung-Schurke, weil der sich in den letzten Jahren sehr in Richtung Schattenmagie und Teleportation bewegt hat, und das nicht mehr dem entspricht, was man sich unter einem WoW-Schurken vorstellt. Wir gehen möglicherweise wieder mehr in die Richtung Kontrolle, Schleichen und zum Bild des PvP-Archetypen.

Is it time yet for ITSHAPPENING DOT GIF !?

- - - Updated - - -

UPDATE: ITS HAPPENING !!!!!

Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

I hope to God this means the awful shadow-dance charge system is gone. Literally has crippled sub in pve and pvp for too many reasons to explain in this post.

They gonna end up making all 3 rogue specs the same again, just that you don't use finisher x you use finisher y. You guys will end up badly with this..

Deception scoundrel confirmed new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    They gonna end up making all 3 rogue specs the same again, just that you don't use finisher x you use finisher y. You guys will end up badly with this..
    We really won’t. All three specs still play similarly with sub being the most different as well as the most clunky. We still use sinister strike/mutilate to build up to 5 combo points and then eviscerate or what ever outlaw uses. Dispatch? The main difference in the specs was previously cooldowns. We all shared poisons, stuns, and other utilities like shiv. Going back to this is a good thing. I’m not an assassination rogue, I’m a rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    WoD rogue design>>>>current rogue design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    We really won’t. All three specs still play similarly with sub being the most different as well as the most clunky. We still use sinister strike/mutilate to build up to 5 combo points and then eviscerate or what ever outlaw uses. Dispatch? The main difference in the specs was previously cooldowns. We all shared poisons, stuns, and other utilities like shiv. Going back to this is a good thing. I’m not an assassination rogue, I’m a rogue
    Quoted for truth. The "class identity" nonsense in legion was one of the worst things to happen to rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

I wouldn't mind if the "shadow magic" visuals were available for rogues of any spec as some sort of customization option like warlock green fire or a series of glyphs for individual skills. I think it would be cool if everyone could have that add certain kinds of flair to their abilities. Like an option for holy priests to have all their skills use the soft blue/white light of Elune for their heals instead of the standard yellow light we see by default. Cosmetic options like that are cool imo.

As long as it got AOE and cleave for PvE content then I’m happy. Looking forward to Shadowlands

Oh my! I'm feeling slightly... lightheaded. Oh my, oh my! Let me sit down for a moment.

IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING! YEAH! FUCK YEAH! YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    As long as it got AOE and cleave for PvE content then I’m happy. Looking forward to Shadowlands
    Hahaha we win.

Sub = pvp spec.

End of discussion

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodravel View Post
    Oh my! I'm feeling slightly... lightheaded. Oh my, oh my! Let me sit down for a moment.

IT IS FINALLY HAPPENING! YEAH! FUCK YEAH! YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    What is happening? Can u explain?

Quote Originally Posted by Inxotep View Post
    Hahaha we win.

Sub = pvp spec.

End of discussion
    Let’s wait and see. The majority of the players in WoW focus on PvE content so everything will always be designed to mainly cater to raids and dungeons. I think you’ll might be disappointed

my precious ninja is gone.. idk i got my fingers crossed.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Don't play rogue but I'm really happy for you guys. Let's hope other specs will see some well-deserved love as well.

One thing I don't understand though:
    Legion says we've gone too far in some classes and specializations, so gamers have not felt comfortable with the character they've been traveling with for years. But we want to fix problems that exist

What is this supposed to mean? Sounds like they're saying "We went too far with the class redesigns in Legion but it's nothing we want to adress right now so we're just going to fix problems with classes as they are now."
    If that reading is correct, that's really disappointing.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-11-05 at 11:23 AM.

I must be in the minority in that I loved sub in Legion, BfA just has too much downtime without the artifact ability and perks. But then again I also loved sub before Legion, so whatever it takes to make it good and fun in PvP. I really hope they leave the shadow magic aspect alone though, or even spread it to the other specs.

For me.. I want gouge and burst of speed back across the board. Then I want WoD sub rogue!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Deception scoundrel confirmed new class.
    Let the "#TeamDeceptionScoundrel" banners loose

the deception scoundrel, because in recent years he has moved very much in the direction of shadow magic and teleportation, and that no longer corresponds to what one imagines under a WoW villain
    Deception scoundrel confirmed to be Shadowlands main villain.

WoD Subtlety was probably the only time I played as Subtlety and I liked it.