Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    Except they won't do that. They have already stated why in the past, which was the same answer to why they were forced to give us flying from the get-go in Cataclysm as well as why they had to enable flight in Wintergrasp when the zone was not running the battle. It makes it awkward to be flying in one zone, stray into another, contiguous zone and suddenly not be able to fly and be dismounted. That is also why Tol Barad, Cataclysm's version of Wintergrasp, was on an island without flight period.
    Except with Shadowlands they aren't going to be restricted to contiguous zones which are all geologically connected. They've got a fantastical, non-normal setting to create zones which don't have to follow the normal expectations of a "real" world. It's entirely possible each zone in the Shadowlands is not connected in any way to any others. This actually makes more sense, given that each Covenant area follows a drastically different theme.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    What is toxic about that everyone should do equal or approximately same work as everyone else did? It's only fair and not "toxic".
    It's not toxic. But it's also not fair.

What you need to remember is that each achievement, barrier, or challenge in WoW has a context of the difficulty it represents within the patch it was intended to be played under. While an expansion is current, it makes perfect sense to expect each person to have to face the same challenges, and do the same work. But when an expansion or patch is NOT current, all that goes out the window. It's the reason we have catch-up mechanics.

Expecting someone to have to put in the same amount of grind that you did, but in an expansion that literally no longer matters, isn't toxic. But it is kind of an unrealistic expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    There was discussions ongoing through development as to when players should be allowed to fly - it was a possibility that Azeroth flight would not have been unlocked until a player hit lvl 85 and you can see it in zones like Hyjal where areas were clearly designed to be experienced from the ground, then they seem to give up making sensible paths 'cos they know you can just hop over the cliffs and hills.
    They did consider it, but then they decided not to because it did make absolutely no sense to be able to fly in one zone but not the zone next to it. There is nothing unique about Hyjal, Uldum, or Twilight Highlands that would make flying impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    TBC's world quests were more basic and experimental, MoP went all-in with the rep being needed to get badge gear from dungeons and raids. WotLK and Cata had almost identical reward structures where one faction gave out all the shoulder enchants then you would work on a particular faction for the best head enchant for your role. I do agree with you about the Legion+BfA world quest system being much better than the old dailies, though personally I was a bigger fan of the Apexis-zone style content, especially when it was expanded out and given a decent reward structure in Tanaan.
    But they are still the same system. Got to an area, get a quest, complete it, turn it in, get something. Then do it the next day. Wash, Rinse, Repeat. The rewards and such may have changed, but that's a different issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    Except with Shadowlands they aren't going to be restricted to contiguous zones which are all geologically connected. They've got a fantastical, non-normal setting to create zones which don't have to follow the normal expectations of a "real" world. It's entirely possible each zone in the Shadowlands is not connected in any way to any others. This actually makes more sense, given that each Covenant area follows a drastically different theme.
    But that is for this expansion only. So they are not going change it for one expansion and then revert back. It is time to face facts, it's Pathinder or no flight at all. Which do you want? And no, you do not get to make a third option.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally, i must be an outlier, because i have never struggled to get Flying in a pathfinder locked expansion, and never felt particularly held back by the lack of it. Hell, i miss my ground mounts after getting flying. BFA was personally an easier than ever Pathfinder in my opinion, i really did no extra work than what i was already doing, and i unlocked. That and the one zone where flying felt most useful, Mechagon, gave you an alternative really early into the questing.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Dude... make a poll for f sake
    I said I can't make a poll you need to select to make a poll before posting the thread and then add options and I forgot

Just remove pathfinder and flying, problem solved and world looks instantly better and bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Frankly, i would like flying removed from new zones completely. Nothing i hate more than having a horde i was ganking flying away from me. This is why i spend most of my time in timeless isle where flying is forbidden.
    If they flew away, they'd got out of combat, so your ganking wasn't going so well anyway. Unless you actually mean 'baby-seal clubbing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakana View Post
    Who you think you are to tell Legion is the worse expansion? I'm sorry but you have been saying so much bad stuff that i can't take you seriously anymore.
    Saying Legion was the worse, when i barely see someone agreeing or anywhere saying that, just because it's what you think, opinions apart, to tell why flying is bad, you can give your reasons but once you say an expansion is the worse because of flying, i can't take you seriously.
    Not trying to be rude or anything but the reason i got salty about this is: You are anti-flying, that's all i'm seeing here, and if you are so anti-flying this is not the place for you cause you're not going to keep quoting everyone with the same answers right? I don't think that's necessary. If you are going to find a way to always dismiss and implicate with everyone's personal choices that doesn't include thinking flying is bad and that legion is the worse expansion, it's better for you to unfollow my thread.
    I'm pretty sure I'm just me telling my opinion regarding the expansion and explaining why I think that. Like if you get mad over that then there's seriously something wrong with you.

I'm here answering to the topic which still is "How many of you would like to see pathfinder removed or changed?", I happen to be on the side of removal of it - you just didn't think it could mean also removal of flight all together. I'm also explaining what I've said in the replies to you and others like you, only thing I've really gotten back is "OK BOOMER" and such comments or your "I can't take you seriously because you have an opinion I don't share, so I can't take any facts you said seriously either - but I can't ever argue those facts either."

Like if you want an echo chamber to your opinions, then go ahead and create one solo - don't come to forums asking other peoples opinions (some of which are actually based on facts) if you can't handle them.

The reason you seem to think you're arguments are so good is because you're arguing against something I'm not advocating.

Show me where I've been in favor of "flying over every obstacle". The only time I've said anything to that effect has ALWAYS been in the context of flight being the better option ONLY because it lets you bypass shallow content that you've already done.

I've been very clear that my personal preference is to have flight included in the design from the beginning, with appropriate challenges, balance, and barriers!

Everything else is a derivative based on the context of what would be tolerable assuming we literally can not dispense with Pathfinder.

You are pointing out flaws with a weak design decision of just slapping flight into a world not designed for it. Something I am absolutely against!
    The arguments are good because they counter yours, it really is that simple. Oh and you just showed yourself where you've been in favor of flying over every obstacle so there's that too.

If Blizzard were to introduce flying, as an option to ground mounts by having those appropriate challenges, balance and barriers then we'd literally have completely different flying - starting from the speed. And if that was the case, then you'd have no problem with current ground mounts as they would be balanced in terms of efficiency. People already hated when flying had obstacles the minute it was released, and the people you agree with here would go completely nuts if this was actually a thing.

However you've always been arguing that pathfinder is bad and flying should be in the get-go, or at least instantly available via pathfinder part1 - which doesn't fit the narrative of "I want proper flying".

Quote Originally Posted by Destronoma View Post
    You enjoy being slowed to a crawl and having to stop whatever it is you're doing to one-shot whatever dazed you?

Yikes.
    I enjoy a game world that I'm actually partaking in, rather than just flying over it all - that includes difficulties of choosing proper path not to get dazed, or killing mobs that do daze when I fail pathing.

Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    But that is for this expansion only. So they are not going change it for one expansion and then revert back. It is time to face facts, it's Pathinder or no flight at all. Which do you want? And no, you do not get to make a third option.
    Given all the noise Blizzard is making about player agency and returning skills and abilities via the "Great Un-Pruning", I could absolutely see them trying a new system where flying is unlocked on a zone-by-zone basis, if only to see how it's received by the playerbase. After all, isn't this the reasoning they used to try and remove flight in WoD? That they wanted to see how players would react to a world without flight?

And besides, who's to say the next expansion won't likewise be unconstrained by having to have contiguous land masses? If we're going to the Void, or some other similarly fantastical locale, they could easily maintain the "new" pathfinder.

It's not toxic. But it's also not fair.

What you need to remember is that each achievement, barrier, or challenge in WoW has a context of the difficulty it represents within the patch it was intended to be played under. While an expansion is current, it makes perfect sense to expect each person to have to face the same challenges, and do the same work. But when an expansion or patch is NOT current, all that goes out the window. It's the reason we have catch-up mechanics.

Expecting someone to have to put in the same amount of grind that you did, but in an expansion that literally no longer matters, isn't toxic. But it is kind of an unrealistic expectation.
    And when expansion "goes out the window" people don't get the stuff for free but they don't face the same challenges either because of new gear and levels.

So we have a catch-up system for it, people get to grind it faster and easier per day basis. Also if that expansion no longer matters then they don't actually need the flying there either, but if they decide to level up in that content then that content does actually matter.

So, its not toxic but it is fair.

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    The arguments are good because they counter yours, it really is that simple. Oh and you just showed yourself where you've been in favor of flying over every obstacle so there's that too.
    Christ.... I literally just explained how that's not what I'm in favor of. Taking something out of context doesn't mean you're making a good point.

How are you misreading this? Is this Ion's secret account? Do you also think literal boos are actually cheers?

If Blizzard were to introduce flying, as an option to ground mounts by having those appropriate challenges, balance and barriers then we'd literally have completely different flying - starting from the speed. And if that was the case, then you'd have no problem with current ground mounts as they would be balanced in terms of efficiency. People already hated when flying had obstacles the minute it was released, and the people you agree with here would go completely nuts if this was actually a thing.

However you've always been arguing that pathfinder is bad and flying should be in the get-go, or at least instantly available via pathfinder part1 - which doesn't fit the narrative of "I want proper flying".
    Deliberately misrepresenting my points, then pointing to that misrepresentation as false, is called a Straw Man argument. Google it. The problem you're having is that you're trying too hard to oversimplify the argument, and then arguing against made up situations which I do not make. That doesn't mean you're making good arguments. It just means you're talking to yourself.

If Blizzard re-introduced flying as an option on par with ground mounts, then likewise there would have to be content which was appropriate for both. In some situations the ground mount would be the better choice. In other situations the flying mount would be good. How are you the sole arbiter of how people would respond to balanced access and use of flying mounts? Maybe a lot of people would be interested in trying an open world where flight was available right away in some situations, and was actually balanced in both speed and challenges.

I don't even know why I try. It's like arguing with a bot.

I personally don't mind the first stage of PF too much, it's the second stage I get annoyed with. If they just made it one stage and we can get it from the launch that'd be nice.

Christ.... I literally just explained how that's not what I'm in favor of. Taking something out of context doesn't mean you're making a good point.

How are you misreading this? Is this Ion's secret account? Do you also think literal boos are actually cheers?
    You yourself literally gave an example already, it doesn't matter if you have a preference over harder flying if you say that you prefer flying (with current flying) over every obstacle.

And then the only counter to any point you have is "are you Ion secret account lolololol".
    Deliberately misrepresenting my points, then pointing to that misrepresentation as false, is called a Straw Man argument. Google it. The problem you're having is that you're trying too hard to oversimplify the argument, and then arguing against made up situations which I do not make. That doesn't mean you're making good arguments. It just means you're talking to yourself.

If Blizzard re-introduced flying as an option on par with ground mounts, then likewise there would have to be content which was appropriate for both. In some situations the ground mount would be the better choice. In other situations the flying mount would be good. How are you the sole arbiter of how people would respond to balanced access and use of flying mounts? Maybe a lot of people would be interested in trying an open world where flight was available right away in some situations, and was actually balanced in both speed and challenges.

I don't even know why I try. It's like arguing with a bot.
    There is no strawmans here, theres also no made up situations. We had Blizzard try flying with obstacles and people hated those obstacles, then years later after removing those obstacles they re-introduced (accidentally or not) couple and people hated those too. And this was while flying was still superior choice by standards like speed.
    People literally want flying because its faster, more convenient option. It has been shown time and time again and you really can't argue against it no matter how much you personally dislike that fact.

But yeah, go ahead and use your only "argument" of me being a bot. That really is all you can do and have done for years.

think whatever you want about it, its not going to go away.

I'm pretty sure I'm just me telling my opinion regarding the expansion and explaining why I think that. Like if you get mad over that then there's seriously something wrong with you.

I'm here answering to the topic which still is "How many of you would like to see pathfinder removed or changed?", I happen to be on the side of removal of it - you just didn't think it could mean also removal of flight all together. I'm also explaining what I've said in the replies to you and others like you, only thing I've really gotten back is "OK BOOMER" and such comments or your "I can't take you seriously because you have an opinion I don't share, so I can't take any facts you said seriously either - but I can't ever argue those facts either."

Like if you want an echo chamber to your opinions, then go ahead and create one solo - don't come to forums asking other peoples opinions (some of which are actually based on facts) if you can't handle them.

I enjoy a game world that I'm actually partaking in, rather than just flying over it all - that includes difficulties of choosing proper path not to get dazed, or killing mobs that do daze when I fail pathing.
    I handle things just fine when people are polite and making comments with a grain assault like "I'm saying what is best for the game" "legion was the worse expansion" the topic ain't about how good the expansions are and certainly I see you disregarding everyones flavor on the matter because you did an affirmation that only you know what is best for the game and that is without it.
    I don't like to argue for the sake of it and I hate having to deal with stuff like that. Hate is a strong word but I use it when I actually can't take it. You didn't really talk about pathfinder you talked about removing it which is fine if you think that way and you're not alone on that either. By now we already know there's people against it and flavours having it. But they don't really say it's because it's the best for the game. As I think also that most of in game problems it's blizzards problem and most of the content not being so engaging as it could be.
    As I said before yes I have generalized anxiety and it messes alot with my social interaction but I can be a normal person jus like everyone else. The only thing about this is that I stress over topics when it's absolutely unnecessary because we can just start an argument as "I think it's best for the game not having flying" instead of "the difference is that I'm saying what is the best for the game". If you remove flying you'll see regardless that the systems and leveling and everything else won't change. We are even talking here about that. Like we do all stories we have our leveling experience and when flying gets out you notice that you already did that content without it for a year. And BFA for example was a expansion that regardless of flying or not the people weren't actually happy with the rest. As I said flying is not a problem for the game because you already pass this whole time without it. If you were in flavor of flying as me and didn't enjoy timegating you would probably as well asking a different option to unlock it.

Pathfinder should only require Explorer and Loremaster achievement to unlock it.

It should be available right at the expansion's launch (8.0), not time gated behind several patches (8.1, 8.2, etc.)

This is the only acceptable Pathfinder. If not, it shall be removed completely.

snip
    I'm saying the game is better without flying as we know it, that is based on facts that you can find in this and other topics of the same matter. Feel free to argue them if you can instead of this bullshit you're doing right now.
    I'm also saying that personally (you know this means it is my OPINION?) I didn't like Legion and BfA and I also said a very specific reason for it: AP grind. I've been top end raider for quite a while so I dislike forced grinds, like AP. I've no problem with other optional grinds like some achievements (that I've also done).

I didn't just come here and say "Remove flying, its best for the game". It actually took quite a while and you specifically pondered in your response to me about "I seriously just don't get why the flying hate". What did we learn here? don't ask questions you don't like the answer to.

Flying isn't a problem when its not there. Its a problem when it is introduced. Just because you did content for a year doesn't mean you should bypass it after. After all if you have no problem doing the content without flying then why do you even want flying? Oh yes that's right you want everything to be as fast as possible with as little detriment as possible - at the cost of engagement and content.

If you were in flavor of flying as me and didn't enjoy timegating you would probably as well asking a different option to unlock it.
    Sure, if I had the same opinion as you (regardless of facts) then yeah I'd have the same opinion as you. But I don't, my opinion on it is based on facts.

I'm saying the game is better without flying as we know it, that is based on facts that you can find in this and other topics of the same matter. Feel free to argue them if you can instead of this bullshit you're doing right now.
    I'm also saying that personally (you know this means it is my OPINION?) I didn't like Legion and BfA and I also said a very specific reason for it: AP grind. I've been top end raider for quite a while so I dislike forced grinds, like AP. I've no problem with other optional grinds like some achievements (that I've also done).

I didn't just come here and say "Remove flying, its best for the game". It actually took quite a while and you specifically pondered in your response to me about "I seriously just don't get why the flying hate". What did we learn here? don't ask questions you don't like the answer to.

Flying isn't a problem when its not there. Its a problem when it is introduced. Just because you did content for a year doesn't mean you should bypass it after. After all if you have no problem doing the content without flying then why do you even want flying? Oh yes that's right you want everything to be as fast as possible with as little detriment as possible - at the cost of engagement and content.

Sure, if I had the same opinion as you (regardless of facts) then yeah I'd have the same opinion as you. But I don't, my opinion on it is based on facts.
    I just did an affirmation that i couldn't take you serious after that, because of how you expressed yourself. But to be real with you, you might or not deserve for me to talk like this, but this forums for everything and nothing, people start attacking and sometimes i never know when someone is being a jerk or just expressed in a way that typed it reached to my brain as a more grain of assault.

You don't need to have the same opinion as me, i have had perfectly healthy conversations about this and many other things when both parties are in disagreement and can keep going onto explaining something. So for me not giving that healthy conversation (even if i started to get salty and i think you expressed yourself not in the best way) i apologize. Because i know when i commit mistakes too, and i know my brain has little tolerance to attacking arguments on this forum.

Anyhow, let's say you're right, even then, i like flying, i have grown up playing this game, and i had no issues with flying, i have flying mounts, and i love to use it and i love to be on the skies and seeing stuff from there and when i look down the world seems small, just like irl, but regardless of my love for flying, in game terms, i never saw it being a problem before, until blizzard decided to act all against it suddenly. And they don't want to come back. Also yes i love convenience, i would be lying way to hard if i didn't said i do, i love convenience and for example Zuldazar, for me was a place made for flying, to be quite fair. And i wanted it to move around. In Legion and whatsoever i wasn't annoyed being on the ground at all. I loved so much the zones and i loved so much the expansion that i was immersive on it, and i was on the ground so much already that i didn't even felt the need. But when it came, i embraced it. As for BfA i hated being grounded, and the timegating flying started to mess with my brain cells, until i said myself: Hm is there a way blizzard could change pathfinder? To make it not timegated but still providing the same things just not timegated? After all this time, i keep thinking that to myself and i decided to see all the reactions to it, solutions and how people would like it to be. Maybe you don't know, maybe people might come up with something that even blizzard can see and think "that's actually pretty ok", or it's just a waste of time, but i still like to hear other people. In every matter possible. I would like to understand better as well why pathfinder existed in first place, because i have been away from the game since mop til early legion. Which i already know now.

To give a idea in which expansions i played: TBC, WOTLK, CATA, LEGION, BFA. - All of them had pros and cons and wotlk didn't had cons at all to me. So you can understand why i love flying, i had flying since always and believe me when i say this, in WOTLK i was CRAZY about the content. It had flying and seriously never felt or imagined they would take it off someday in the future, or make it this timegated achievement.
    Last edited by Shakana; 2019-11-13 at 06:50 PM.

You yourself literally gave an example already, it doesn't matter if you have a preference over harder flying if you say that you prefer flying (with current flying) over every obstacle.
    That's NOT what said though.

Holy crap...take off your hate goggles and actually read what's being posted instead of jumping to conclusions. Let me break it down into simple terms for you.

First: My preferred version of flying would be to have it included in the fundamental design of the open world. That means a balanced, fair version of flying that is NOT just flying over or past every single obstacle without challenge. It means that the nature of flying would need to change, or blizzard would have to include things which pose barriers or challenges for a flying players.

Barring that: IF we are stuck with pathfinder, then Pathfinder can at least be more reasonable. Keeping in mind that the very nature of pathfinder is "Master the ground before flying". Which means that by the time you get flight, you've already cleared every challenge or barrier on the ground several times over. In which case the fact that you can fly over it doesn't matter. A challenge that is already defeated multiple times is no longer a challenge.

There is no strawmans here, theres also no made up situations.
    The made up situations are the ones you created about my arguments in order to make your own points seem better to yourself. PLEASE pay attention to the context of the post.

We had Blizzard try flying with obstacles and people hated those obstacles
    Citation needed! Yes, a handful of people are literally going to QQ about anything. That doesn't mean everyone hated it. Even now, where we see a general consensus that Pathfinder is acceptable, but the 8 month delay is not, there are still people asking for flight at level cap with no extra effort or price. That doesn't mean everyone wants flight at cap with no extra effort. You need to look at the overall response and feeling from many posts, not just the ones that reinforce your argument.

, then years later after removing those obstacles they re-introduced (accidentally or not) couple and people hated those too. And this was while flying was still superior choice by standards like speed.
    Citation needed.

People literally want flying because its faster, more convenient option. It has been shown time and time again and you really can't argue against it no matter how much you personally dislike that fact.
    I absolutely can argue against it, mostly because just making up a point without any evidence or supporting data is an easy one to debunk.

But yeah, go ahead and use your only "argument" of me being a bot. That really is all you can do and have done for years.
    Maybe that's because people like you keep spouting the exact same unmitigated, unfounded, empty BULLSHIT. Someone has to provide a counter-argument based on reason and logic. Basic psychology: If someone repeats something often enough unchallenged, people start to believe it. That's why we have this stupid crap of "Flying hurts PVP".
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-11-13 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    And are you going to be ok with world q rewarding 3-4× less stuff? Becouse thats exactly what will you get if flying would be unlock after completing exploration and story. Blizzard will always get that time from you no matter if you fly or not.Ok you are now 3x faster than your rewards will be 3x lower becouse we expect you to farm rep for this amounth of time.
    The thing is, world quests are basically repeat a quest from the storyline (so, something we have already done), or kill a named npc.
    If Blizzard keeps doing what they are doing, what is the point in even having flying? Like, once I'm done with my stupid rep grind, you really think I'm going to go back to it once I have flying?
    They don't need to reduce the rewards and stuff if they add flying, at worst, it should be added once you have done the story elements of the zones, since WQ's mostly come from the actual story-related quests, and then you have already suffered on the ground long enough at that point.

I think it's an obvious way to prolong subscription time. But why force your players into this endless world quest and rep grind just to gain a few subscriptions? Why not just make content that's enjoyable enough that people want to subscribe?

But also, their original argument was that people experience the game more fully without flying, yet they offer 120 level boosts so people can just skip the content. Sure, it's a recent development and most people already have pathfinder, but it's still stupid following their original logic.

I've enjoyed the game 10x more with flying, because navigating anything in these zones is a disaster. Just Dazar'Alor or whatever the Troll capital is in this expansion has profession trainers on opposite sides of the city, and you pretty much have to take a flight path to get anywhere. There's areas like Drustvar that have these insanely steep hills that you have to constantly go up and weave around. It's just annoying.

If they keep pathfinder, they need to fix reps. I've only been subscribed ONE month, and have managed to hit probably 3000 world quests after being gone mid-legion just to unlock legion and bfa flying, and some allied races. I've spent the majority of my play time doing boring tedious chores. World quests should not be the only way to obtain rep. They need to go back to the days of gaining rep in dungeons and kills. Sure, people can grind out the reps, but what difference does it make if they do? It doesn't give them any advantage

To be short, I've enjoyed the game much more with flying and it doesn't ruin my immersion. If they want to keep the pathfinder system, they need to make rep less focused on world quests and have a way for players to earn it from kills like they used to. They've obviously found a lucrative model with this mobile-centric gameplay, but every iteration of these world quests/mission system just feels clunky, tedious, and awkward. Please get away from this mobile-oriented design. It's just not working. I don't see it being changed though, because if they've stuck with it this long it's probably what's giving them so much profit that they can lay off countless employees. Just automated world quest/missions.

*****Also, it's really REALLY annoying getting dazed and dismounted everytime a mob gets within 2 yards of you. Being forced to use a ground mount means that if you want to get anywhere, you're most likely going to be walking half of the distance due to dismounts or repeatedly killing mobs you don't need or want to kill just to get out of combat and remount.
    Last edited by cptaylor38; 2019-11-14 at 02:37 AM.