Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
21
29
30
31
  1. #601
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Then flight isnt your thing, fine. Stop trying to deny it for people who want it just because you are "Fine without it" the game wasnt made only for people who dislike flight. Others like and want it. It should be there for people who want and before the halfway point of the expansions life so its useful. If anything some zones should be designed with it in mind but in such a way that people who still dont like it can get around just fine.
    Once again, another well-written, logical summary that should really end the thread. I don’t get why the anti-flight crowd - a group which, even their more level headed members must confess, is a minority among the player base - seems unable to get beyond this point. The issue at hand is about consumer demand and allowing players more options. Some people don’t like flying through beautifully designed zones? Then they can walk and enjoy the scenery. Other people exercising other options doesn’t impinge on their freedom in the least.

  2. #602
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    No, I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you were simply not aware of things rather than being disingenuous or simply ignoring facts that ran counter to your arguments.
    I would believe that if not for the dismissive tone of the rest of your post. You clearly made an attempt to discredit my arguments by portraying me as a new or inexperienced player.

    You then go on to continue in that tone, arguing against things which I never claimed. Such as saying the community is not the ultimate arbiter of all design decisions. Something I NEVER even implied. In fact I specifically said that what Blizzard wants must be balanced against what players want, while admitting that it's not an even balance.

    I'm sorry, but it appears that we're done here. Clearly we have a fundamental disagreement that won't be resolved, and I've had my fill of people who argue against things I never said.
    Sylvanas has left the Guild.

  3. #603
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm sorry, but it appears that we're done here. Clearly we have a fundamental disagreement that won't be resolved, and I've had my fill of people who argue against things I never said.
    You just want to be right and you're not. So now you're going to pull a Cartman.

  4. #604
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    You just want to be right and you're not. So now you're going to pull a Cartman.
    No, I just want to have a civil discussion without being talked down to, misrepresented, and constantly straw manned. Something apparently very few opponents of progress on the Pathfinder situation are capable of.
    Sylvanas has left the Guild.

  5. #605
    Pandaren Monk Beet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Who me?
    Posts
    1,860
    Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    Then flight isnt your thing, fine. Stop trying to deny it for people who want it just because you are "Fine without it" the game wasnt made only for people who dislike flight. Others like and want it. It should be there for people who want and before the halfway point of the expansions life so its useful. If anything some zones should be designed with it in mind but in such a way that people who still dont like it can get around just fine.
    No that’s wrong. It’s there before the halfway point already. You get more of the game with flying than we do without it. Stop being so greedy. Blizzard already reversed their first decision when they they were going to remove it entirely in WoD. So as you said stop thinking the game is only for you, people who like it. You’ve got more time with it than without.

  6. #606
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihsan997 View Post
    Once again, another well-written, logical summary that should really end the thread. I don’t get why the anti-flight crowd - a group which, even their more level headed members must confess, is a minority among the player base - seems unable to get beyond this point. The issue at hand is about consumer demand and allowing players more options. Some people don’t like flying through beautifully designed zones? Then they can walk and enjoy the scenery. Other people exercising other options doesn’t impinge on their freedom in the least.
    do yo really think blizz make those kind of choice because some random dude think flying is bad? blizzard make a choice based on their interest they don't want to spend that extra time designing a zone for flying and so 90% of the zones now are empty mountains if they can they would go back to 2d ; the pathfinder is designed to make flying an alt catch up mechanic.

    There is 0 chance to go back the way it was before.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •