Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elias01 View Post
    If world content have no benefit for you just dont do it? And if you dont do it you dont need flying. And if you dont like grinds maybe mmorpgs are not for you?
    I've done just fine the past three expansions without grinding to get flying, thank you very much.

I’m a long term hater of Pathfinder, my post history on wow’s forums is literally full of it.

I said I’d never get Pathfinder, nor would I unlock any allied race.

Well, I said fuck it. I decided to sit down and work towards it. Not only did I unlock BfA’s PF, but I also unlocked Legion’s PF and am 5 days away from WoD’s PF. Unlocked Dark Iron Dwarf and Kul Tiran as well.

My stance still stands, remove PF or make the rep easier to get. Doing all WQs in a day and then getting told “that’s it, you’ve hit your daily time played metric quota” is ridiculous. Give players a way to get rep WHEN THEY WANT IT.

And the last major thing - make flying available immediately. This whole 10 month wait to get PF Part two SCREAMS time played metrics/MAUS.

Stop thinking about the shareholders, think about the players

FWIW: WoD’s PF (coincidentally the most hated) has been the easiest/fastest to get because it uses the old daily quest hub. WQs were added for a reason - time played metrics.
    Last edited by Laqweeta; 2019-11-19 at 04:02 AM.

I'd be happy if flying and the pathfinder compromise were removed completely in current content PLUS flying auto enabled in all old content.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlords for me. I've been a very casual player since after T11 in Cataclysm which was the last tier I raided in with any commitment or seriousness. I ran out of things to do in Warlords. Being very honest here about the most fun I had post-launch was collecting the stuff for the Jukebox and going all over the world for the selfie achievement. At some point I just gave it up and unsubscribed for the first time since I had first signed up in Burning Crusade.

Clearly the worst for me. Not even close.

Before I leave that though, I thought Shadowmoon Valley was a real highlight to level through. Engaging story and a really nice closing story. The other zones weren't terrible but SMV/Warlords was quite a thing at the time.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    My stance still stands, remove PF or make the rep easier to get. Doing all WQs in a day and then getting told “that’s it, you’ve hit your daily time played metric quota” is ridiculous. Give players a way to get rep WHEN THEY WANT IT.

Stop thinking about the shareholders, think about the players
    Here’s the thing: as a private company, they have both customers and shareholders to worry about. As with most large companies, shareholders are catered to more often than customers. Customers will only take priority if they become angry enough to take their money elsewhere, in which case large companies will retroactively enact damage control.

We saw it with WoD PF and how Blizz did a u-turn. In order to push the devs to deliver what most of the playerbase wants - and I don’t think any reasonable person would deny that not all but most players would prefer flying to be unlocked earlier and more easily - then said playerbase will have to either unsub again, or create enough social media noise containing threats as such, to force the supplier to please the demander before the shareholder.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    And the last major thing - make flying available immediately. This whole 10 month wait to get PF Part two SCREAMS time played metrics/MAUS.
    This is really the only thing I want. I'm okay with needing to get rep for pathfinder achievements, as well as achievements for exploration and story completion. My main beef with pathfinder is that we have to wait 6-8 months, or more, for the second part to come out and even enable flying after all that work. Just make it available from day one, but soft locked behind the first pathfinder achievement.

Like, it's really not hard. I just resubbed earlier this month and leveled my hunter and started doing WQ. I'm about 1 week away from revered with all of the related factions and then I'll have pathfinding, so three weeks total of futzing around with WQ in my opinion is fine but it shouldn't have only been enabled with the second major patch cycle.

Pathfinder per "Patch Zone'

IE Launch Areas in X.1
    Patch X.2 unlocks during its own patch based off its own pathfinder

So keep the achievements as they are but unlock flying on a per part basis

I really like the pathfinder system. There used to be large threads about the removal of flying back in WotLK and Cata I think the pathfinder system was a good middle ground to appease both sides of the crowd. I personally have not completed part 2 yet and have not had any problem playing the game. I just like that the world feels much more alive and active when everybody is running around on their ground mounts instead of just flying over everything. The world defiantly seems a lot more empty since part 2 came out IMO.

remove the time and rep grind, I've already experienced what the game has to offer on land by the time I am done with the other achievs. Just have the completion of the rest of pathfinder give you a cool flying mount or something

If world quests didnt litter the fucking map, flying wouldnt be so essential.

There is nothing fun or rewarding about doing the same world quest every day.

Remove 90% of the world quests.

Make world quests last 4 or 7 days.
    Epic, Rare-Elite ; 7 days.
    Rare ; 4 days
    Emmisaries, 3 per week, week long, they refresh at the start of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Spicymemer View Post
    If world quests didnt litter the fucking map, flying wouldnt be so essential.

There is nothing fun or rewarding about doing the same world quest every day.

Remove 90% of the world quests.

Make world quests last 4 or 7 days.
    Epic, Rare-Elite ; 7 days.
    Rare ; 4 days
    Emmisaries, 3 per week, week long, they refresh at the start of the week.
    Why? Just skip the world quests you don't want to do. Just do the emissaries and whatever world quests you consider have good enough rewards.

If world quests are mostly removed, a lot more complaints about nothing to do will appear.

Quote Originally Posted by AmbervaleX View Post
    Why? Just skip the world quests you don't want to do. Just do the emissaries and whatever world quests you consider have good enough rewards.

If world quests are mostly removed, a lot more complaints about nothing to do will appear.
    stfu idiot, world quests are not content, most of them are just recycled quests or 'rares'

10+ Year Old Account
    they could make it as difficult as they wanted as long as it were available at launch. it not being available at launch to me is exactly what ghostcrawler said he never wanted to do, give us something only to take it away.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ideally I'd prefer it to be removed, or at the very least that they open it up far sooner.
    Theres only so much "wonderous exploration" that can be gained by being on the ground, and it certainly doesnt last much longer than a month.
    Speciation Is Gradual

BC was where flying was at it best