Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Augusta138 View Post
    Less game based on what?

Its been pointed out before, other xpacs didnt bring much new features either.

BFA Features:
    - 6 new zones ( 3 per faction to lvl in, other 3 are basically there for war campaign / WQs)
    - Islands
    - Heart of Azeroth
    - Warfronts
    - 8 boss starter raid
    - 9 dungeons at launch (10th locked behind rep)
    - 10 levels
    - 40 bucks

War campaign a feature? not really in my eyes, since for my alts i didnt even touch it and see it as optional content.

Shadowlands features:
    - 10 levels
    - 4 new zones + town.
    - Level squish / leveling overhaul (yay)
    - Targetable legendaries
    - de-pruning / graphics update core races
    - 10 boss start raid
    - 8 dungeons at launch
    - Covenants
    - Tower (infinite challenge)
    - 40 bucks

I really wanna hear from people where the big missing features are in terms of Shadowlands vs BFA....
    Also the expansions have been 40 bucks for a few years now, so i also dont understand that issue.

And if it is so lackluster, then your 2 choices:
    - play it regardless
    - quit the game

There isnt enough forum space in the world to request more ''features'' for an expansion because Blizzard would have shown more features if they would implement more.
    The only real new feature I see on that list Torghast.
    Level squish and overhaul is long overdue and just housekeeping
    Explain to me how Covenants arent just reps with extra steps?

Quote Originally Posted by Muajin76 View Post
    OR maaaaaybe they are keeping it a surprise and WILL add a new class when we least expect it.
    Or maybe people are still giving blizzard too much credit for nothing. Sorry, but when did they EVER surprise us in a positive way in WoW. They never did anything this big before, EVER. So no why should they do it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    A maintenance expansion shouldn’t come without features or cost the full price. I want maintenance constantly over the lifetime of the game and not bundled up in an expansion that requires me to pay $40.
    What made the last few expansions so high was because of the character boost which is not available with the lowest edition of Shadowlands. Not including that puts the price back equal to what it was before the character boost was introduced. TBC was $29.99 when it came out. WotLK (and Cata if I recall) were $34.99. Mop was $39.99. WoD increased it to $49.99, Legion and BFA to $59.99. Now remove the character boost and it's back to $39.99.

Going off price means nothing when there's 3 versions of Shadowlands available.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    Not sure if this has crossed anybody's mind, however I have a feel in my gut that Blizzard is working on changing the very core of the game with this expansion, meaning that patches will be actually bigger and offer more.

A simple and rushed out example would be introducing a class in 9.1 patch. Since the game is moving towards more dynamic style, they perhaps will focus on larger content updates and/or adding more meaningful stuff via patch cycle.

No big initial features to showcase kind of made me think about it the way I do. And before anyone bashes my skull in, I'd love to clarify that I am open for all sorts of discussion and would love to see what people think about it, whether it is optimistic or pessimistic, feel free to share it - though I'd appreciate elaboration and being constructive.
    Nah, just gonna keep getting bare minimum low effort expansions while they release Clasic, TBC, and Wrath . Activision wants blizzard focusing on Mobile games. They have to get that Chinese mobile game money while they can before China bans video games

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfThaWest View Post
    Of course views can differ, but for some reason I tend to believe there is something happening behind the curtains we are not able to see.

This whole Blizzcon had a whole different approach than the rest, they seemed like they knew they were announcing smaller feature video for WoW, but on the other hand ready for backlash and surprise they have in store.

As stated beforehand, it's just something that crossed my mind and at least, I believe we can be somewhat optimistic on our own accord and complete right to wish/dream about it.
    YEah J. Allan Brack is forcing Blizzard to move in another direction. ATVI desperately needs a big win, the stock is not doing great and Blizzard is one PR nightmare after another. They have already said, Mobile is the future. Dont be surprised if this may not be the last Blizzcon . And I am of a mind that Shadowlands is the last real WOW expansion. It would be fitting to end the Game on expansion based on the After life. Retail WOW is in a really bad spot. It was very telling that the best WOW news in years was the release of classic.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    And I am of a mind that Shadowlands is the last real WOW expansion. It would be fitting to end the Game on expansion based on the After life. Retail WOW is in a really bad spot.
    Ur drunk, boi.

WoW is the biggest Blizzard moneymaker right now, even without Classic.

Last expansion? Lulz... there will be at the very least 3 more expansions, before they will change the model.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Ur drunk, boi.

WoW is the biggest Blizzard moneymaker right now, even without Classic.
    Flase, Candy Crush is, by far . Hearthstone I Believe is is making more money then WOW . WOW barely gets a mention in earnings call any more. Only rreason it did for the last one was because of Classic. If not for classic, it would simply be a foot note
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    Flase, Candy Crush is, by far . Hearthstone I Believe is is making more money then WOW . WOW barely gets a mention in earnings call any more. Only rreason it did for the last one was because of Classic. If not for classic, it would simply be a foot note
    Candy crush is not Blizzard, boy. Hearthstone is not making more money than WoW.

WoW expansions sell like full blown games every 2 years in the millions, while take less effort to make than a new full blown game, you seriously think Blizzard going to stop making WoW expansions? For realsies???

- - - Updated - - -

If anything, they might start pumping WoW expansions every 18 months instead of 24. I am almost shocked they didn't split BfA in 2 shorter expansions, as in 8.0 to 8.2.5 and then another 2 patch expansion about N'zoth with full blown Nyalotha and what not.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raz98 View Post
    The only real new feature I see on that list Torghast.
    Level squish and overhaul is long overdue and just housekeeping
    Explain to me how Covenants arent just reps with extra steps?
    Then covenants are the war campaign to you.

You say there are no features coming to the new expansion.
    But there are. That you dont count them as feature is your fault.

Not Blizzard's

So i will quote myself to make my point clear:

And if it is so lackluster, then your 2 choices:
    - play it regardless
    - quit the game
    Last edited by Augusta138; 2019-11-09 at 10:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    What? Compared to which patches? 8.1 and 8.3 are pretty middle of the road. 8.1 is significantly less content than 7.1 and 8.3 is less content then 7.3. So not sure what you’re talking about. 8.2 might be slightly more content than 7.2 though but that really doesn’t make up for the missing things from 8.1 and 8.3.

- - - Updated - - -

A maintenance expansion shouldn’t come without features or cost the full price. I want maintenance constantly over the lifetime of the game and not bundled up in an expansion that requires me to pay $40.
    What exactly are you upset about? It seems as if they’re doing what you’ve been asking. No infinite grinds, addition of old class abilities (though I wanna see more), new abilities via covenants and soulbinds, player agency with gear via weekly chest and possibly other yet-to-be-seen means, visual and power progression through covenants, revamped leveling, etc. This is a wet dream for anyone whose disliked BfA heavily. They’re getting rid of the system bloat we currently have by leaving a bunch of shit behind and only adding what we need which is great.

We don’t need a new class for the expansion to be good. It’s crazy to see how many people “require” that. I wanna see them flesh out the systems we currently have and make them better along with them fixing the game. They’ve taken some good steps so far with shadowlands with the grinds being reduced and the leveling being fixed along with the addition of visual progression assuming it all plays out that way.

Realistically Torghast just needs to be fun and I think the expac will be solid. That’s the only real “required” piece of content we’ll have and we apparently don’t need to do it often (once or twice a day) so as long as that’s fun I think the expac itself will be great.

I hope they don't forget paragon boxes at launch this time

Have to wait till sept to find out

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guardian_titan View Post
    What made the last few expansions so high was because of the character boost which is not available with the lowest edition of Shadowlands. Not including that puts the price back equal to what it was before the character boost was introduced. TBC was $29.99 when it came out. WotLK (and Cata if I recall) were $34.99. Mop was $39.99. WoD increased it to $49.99, Legion and BFA to $59.99. Now remove the character boost and it's back to $39.99.

Going off price means nothing when there's 3 versions of Shadowlands available.
    Burning Crusade was $40. As was Wrath and Cata.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    I hope they don't forget paragon boxes at launch this time

Have to wait till sept to find out
    I highly doubt they will forget about these.

Since they already said in multiple interviews not having them in from launch was a major oversight

I highly doubt they will forget about these.

Since they already said in multiple interviews not having them in from launch was a major oversight
    That's a theme with BFA

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If anything, they might start pumping WoW expansions every 18 months instead of 24. I am almost shocked they didn't split BfA in 2 shorter expansions, as in 8.0 to 8.2.5 and then another 2 patch expansion about N'zoth with full blown Nyalotha and what not.
    They already tried their hand at <2 years xpacs. The result I think it was called WoD, aka the biggest !@#$up in all of WoW's history.
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    They already tried their hand at <2 years xpacs. The result I think it was called WoD, aka the biggest !@#$up in all of WoW's history.
    And a stated reason they gave up on even trying to.

Quote Originally Posted by Resheph View Post
    Suuure buddy.

Now, how about you go and find a game you DO like and hang around those forums? Much more constructive for everyone, including you.
    I'd add that for a game supposedly in maintenance mode, the community is still very active.
    Blood DK. I hate leveling alts.
    BfA is great. I love HoA.
    Unpopular opinions ftw.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Suuure buddy.

Now, how about you go and find a game you DO like and hang around those forums? Much more constructive for everyone, including you.
    Many of forum whiners do it cause they take really strange pleasure from bashing some game 24/7. WoW is perfect game for that, it's so massive that it always will have lesser or bigger problems, Shadowlands will likely repair mistakes from BfA and add ton of new ones. Also it's 15 years old game, so it's not "fresh" anymore and you can always say it's booooring when you run out of arguments.

But if WoW suddenly dies tomorrow, they would celebrate it for day and move on to different popular game to leech on that playerbase. Cause whining is not way to achieve goal (better game) - it IS the goal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    WoTLK released about 20 months after TBC and somehow we did not die there.

I imagine they could have quite easily concluded BfA by us releasing N'zoth and then made mini expansion out N'zoth and people would cream their pants here regardless.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2019-11-10 at 10:20 AM.

Suuure buddy.

And here I always thought that fanboys give bad feedback...

But you are right, I dislike the way WoW is nowadays. That's the FUCKING REASON why I give feedback. Grow a functional brain, bro...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    I didn't know that adding a new rogue-like scalable dungeon was a rehashed mechanic... You're so disingenuous with your argument it hurts. I'm no fan of BFA myself, but to say Azerite was a rehashed Artifact mechanic is incredibly dishonest.
    You mean... Proving Grounds? Or Diablo's Rifts? Not much different tbh... Same underlying idea, differed by small details. Please prove me wrong. About Artifact Power and Azerite not being the same as well. Please, only serious arguments treating about design and not balance/implementation details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get your hopes up, and the current remaining playerbase has very low standards that reassure the devs to makes less.