Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildpantz View Post
    Free 420 loot and free mount and you complain wtf??! Some people lol. Its suppose to celebrate wow not punish people cause thoose mechanics would stop 99% of groups its lfr mode. If you go do the event as a premade sure it offer 0 challenge its not suppose to.
    You need to actually read what I wrote. It's about it not being fun, which should be the most important thing. I'm talking about the event itself, not the rewards. You can throw any rewards at any event, that doesn't make the event itself fun.
    Last edited by How dare you; 2019-11-14 at 12:25 PM.

Some of the puns were cute. And the mount is nice. I couldn't imagine progging on a complete version of all 9 bosses with lfr peeps to get it. A single phase was bad enough for some of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    It's a common thing in the UK.
    not true.

dbm is an addon. bfa is an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by turboether View Post
    Some of the puns were cute. And the mount is nice. I couldn't imagine progging on a complete version of all 9 bosses with lfr peeps to get it. A single phase was bad enough for some of them.
    How about a complete version of 3 bosses then?

I'd rather just have a full version of Kel'thuzad, Illidan and the Lich King, than just saying hi and bye to those 9. I mean Heigan was funny the first time you saw everyone die, but it lacks the satisfaction of actually getting to kill any of these bosses.

It is, which is odd. I mean I was pretty hyped, it all sounded nice - some raid with old iconic bosses, a cool pvp event, a pet, the usual trivia. And then...
    - the raid is lfr-only, which was a big disappointment; we gathered 10 guild members, queued up and realized the raid is filling up with strangers; we wiped twice at ragnaros and once on haigan; this would have been SO much better if we could've done it with guildies only. I won't do it on any alts, cba with lfr randoms.
    - the pvp thing - unfun and boring, not sure why the mount has nothing to do with pvp; not sure about the name either, I never see that guy
    - the pet - ok, that one is nice
    - the trivia - they moved it to Tanaris in a no rested zone, so not only does it take a lot to take lowbies there (they don't even get the quest to fly down) but I waste much more time logging out than I spend actually answering the questions
    I dunno, seems like they offered a lot but all of them have a few flaws that make them boring or annoying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by probert View Post
    then i logged back onto classic and found a group for deadmines and had a ton of fun.
    Good for you. I think there's a classic forum part somewhere. I'd also like to inform you I bought this cute VN game off steam and I played it for half an hour yesterday and I loved it. I suppose it's just as on topic and poses just as much interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    They are literally called that. They have been called that at least since the 90's. It is an add-on, because it adds more content on to the game.
    Yes, addon is sometimes used for expansion. But not usually and not in regards to WoW, since:
    1. Blizz calls them expansions
    2. We already have addons and I don't know what we'd call them to separate the meaning.

So can we move from the subject and just agree to call them expansion?

You do 3 bosses, you jump from boss to boss, you enter the fight midfight, you sometimes only stay for half a minute, and then you move on. Cataclysm doesn't even have Deathwing, TBC doesn't even have Illidan. You don't actually get to kill any boss. Got Lich King in Wrath, but the fight ended before we killed him.
    These are some of the best rewards at the MINIMAL effort we have ever received for an anniversary event.....

People are just never satisfied.... we could log in and get a mailbox full of the best gear available and 2 mil gold and someone would complain "Why did we ONLY get 2 Mil, Blizz could make as much gold as possible"

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    These are some of the best rewards at the MINIMAL effort we have ever received for an anniversary event.....
    Again, I never said anything about the rewards. I am talking about the event itself and how much fun it is. I never asked for freeloot. Freeloot does not make an event fun. They could give Hogger 445 gear, that wouldn't make it a good event. Throwing good gear and a mount at an event won't improve it. All it will do is make you do it, even though it isn't fun.

I'd rather have something fun with no rewards, than something with good rewards, that isn't fun. I'll do the latter once, I'll do the former many times over. And I'll actually enjoy doing the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post

People are just never satisfied.... we could log in and get a mailbox full of the best gear available and 2 mil gold and someone would complain "Why did we ONLY get 2 Mil, Blizz could make as much gold as possible"
    Maybe that whats he's talking about, there's nothing to it, he doesn't want best rewards for "MINIMAL effort". Minimal effort is right though, that's all this game is a minimal effort loot grab. Its sickening what this game has become.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, I never said anything about the rewards. I am talking about the event itself and how much fun it is. I never asked for freeloot. Freeloot does not make an event fun. They could give Hogger 445 gear, that wouldn't make it a good event. Throwing good gear and a mount at an event won't improve it. All it will do is make you do it, even though it isn't fun.

I'd rather have something fun with no rewards, than something with good rewards, that isn't fun. I'll do the latter once, I'll do the former many times over. And I'll actually enjoy doing the former.
    Bob Kotick and friends made sure fun left WoW a long time ago. In fact, fun has left the Blizzard building all together. I follow you though, the game used to be very satisfying with a deep sense of accomplishment, and many other things that are now gone that once made the game epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Bob Kotick and friends made sure fun left WoW a long time ago. In fact, fun has left the Blizzard building all together. I follow you though, the game used to be very satisfying with a deep sense of accomplishment, and many other things that are now gone that once made the game epic.
    I mean all they had to do was have us do the fights from beginning to finish, but maybe that would've been too much work to actually tune to our current level and abilities, so they went with this instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    It didn't really affect me much. A lot of those bosses I fought when they were current content so it's kinda like a "been there done that" kind of thing.

I'm just happy I got a Deathwing mount out of it. Looks really cool and considering its quality and how easy it was to get I'm surprised it wasn't a store mount so Blizzard got a couple rep points from me for that. It was basically Blizzard celebrating its birthday by basically giving us a free Deathwing mount.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2019-11-14 at 04:06 PM.