Everybody's Free, To Play Marksmanship (2019)

Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of Hunters. Play, Marksmanship.

If I could offer you only one tip for the future, Marksmanship would be it.
    The long term benefits of Marksmanship have been proved by Gladiators,
    Where as the rest of my advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience...

I will dispense this advice, now.

Enjoy the power and one shot ability of your low levels.
    Oh never mind; you will not understand the power and one shot ability of your low levels,
    Until you hit 120.

But trust me, in 30 levels you’ll look back at screenshots of yourself and recall in a way you can’t grasp now, how much possibility lay before you
    And how fabulous your BG score really looked...

You’re not as low skill as you imagine.

Don’t worry about the future patches; or worry,
    but know that worrying is as effective as trying to solve a raid encounter,
    By dpsing dummies.

The real troubles in your life are apt to be things that never crossed your worried mind;
    The kind that blindside you at 1am on some idle raid night.

Kite one thing every day, that scares you.

Play Arenas.

Don’t be reckless with other people’s alts, don’t put up with people who are reckless with yours.

Mouse turn.

Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re buffed, sometimes you’re nerfed…

The dps race is long, and in the end, it’s only with your own skill.
    Remember compliments you receive, forget the QQ.
    If you succeed in doing this, tell me how.

Keep your old pets, throw away your old blues.

Disengage.

Don’t feel guilty if you don’t know what spec to use... The most interesting people I know, didn’t know at level 60 what they wanted to do with their characters.
    Some of the most interesting 120's I know, still don’t.

Get plenty of crit.

Be kind to your healers; You’ll miss them when they’re gone.

Maybe you’ll go glad, maybe you won’t. Maybe you’ll raid, maybe you won't.
    Maybe you’ll down Queen of Azshara Mythic before Shadowlands.
    Maybe you’ll /dance the funky chicken after beating Ragnaros in Classic...

Whatever you do, don’t congratulate yourself too much or berate yourself either:
    Your crits are half chance, so are everybody else’s.

Enjoy your keyboard. Use it every way you can… don’t be afraid of it,
    Or what other people think of it, it’s the greatest instrument you’ll ever own.

Keybind. Even if you have nowhere to use them, but in Mythic Plus.

Read the guides, even if you don’t follow them.

Don't, keyboard, turn. It will only make you feel stupid.

Get to know your guild leader; you never know when they’ll be gone for good.

Be nice to your guildies;
    They are the best link to your past and the people most likely to stick with you in the future.

Understand that friends come and go, but to the precious few, you should hold on.

Work hard to bridge the gaps in playtime and language, because the higher level you get, the more you need the people you knew when you were a noob.

PvP on Stormreaver once, but leave before it makes you hard.
    PvP on Silvermoon once, but leave, before it makes you, soft.

Play Battlegrounds.

Accept certain inalienable truthes; gear will look stupid, devs will nerf you, you too will QQ.
    And when you do, you’ll fantasize that when you were a noob,
    Gear looked reasonable, Ghostcrawler buffed you, and players respected each other.

Respect each other.

Don’t expect anyone else to support you.

Maybe you have a wealthy guild bank, maybe you have a wealthy guild leader;
    But you never know when either one might get hacked.

Don’t mess too much with your macros, or by the time you're level 120,
    You'll run out of keys to press.

Be careful whose advice you buy, but, be patient with those who supply it.

Advice is a form of nostalgia; dispensing it is a way of /fishing the past from the disposal, wiping it off,
    transmogging the ugly parts and recycling it for more than it’s worth.

But trust me, on the Marksmanship.

(I like to update this and re-post it every couple of years, so, hopefully you enjoy it.)
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2019-11-07 at 11:49 AM.

Okay? /10 chars

And? /10 chars

I liked it - many truths one should really care of.
    Thumb up

MM is garbage at pvp. Melee sit on you all day. Boomkins and warlocks rape you sideways. And BM is even worse.
    Only hunter spec that works is Survival, and that shit is melee, and I don't play a hunter to be melee.

Bm isn't doing great in arena but it definetely isn't worse than a 2.2 sec hardcast that hits like a wet noodle.

I'm sorry man, it's an inspirational post but there is really zero reason to play Markman right now. It deals a tiny % more damage (really tiny) than the the other specs in raid but it loses a max health buff and a 30 sec heal to compensate. In all other areas marksman is so far behind BM (M+, open world) and Survival (PVP) it's laughable.

It's a shame what happened to the spec compared to Legion where it dealt awesome sustained aoe and great ST. The spec really feels gutted to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trustworthy View Post
    Bm isn't doing great in arena but it definetely isn't worse than a 2.2 sec hardcast that hits like a wet noodle.

I'm sorry man, it's an inspirational post but there is really zero reason to play Markman right now. It deals a tiny % more damage (really tiny) than the the other specs in raid but it loses a max health buff and a 30 sec heal to compensate. In all other areas marksman is so far behind BM (M+, open world) and Survival (PVP) it's laughable.

It's a shame what happened to the spec compared to Legion where it dealt awesome sustained aoe and great ST. The spec really feels gutted to me.
    What a good time to switch mains

I just leveled my MM alt and have a lot of fun with it but what you said just makes a little bit sad.

I don't get why people want to compete for anything and play hunters.

Hunter is not shining at anything for several years. Play BM hunter if you like pets.
    Play all 3 specs to hit what is best atm.

SV arena
    BM/MM BGs
    BM Dungeon
    BM Raid

Simple.
    Danwo

I just have not been able to bring myself to play my hunter since legion. While I do think BM is probably in a decent place I have never enjoyed the spec.

Im only playing MM if they revert it to what it was in WoD

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    This is the kind of silly little posts I loved, and now miss all over the internet. Thank you, you really made me laugh. It was wonderful.
    "I have the most loyal fanboys. Did you ever see that? Where I could stand by Thoradin's Wall and massacre my own people and I wouldn't lose any fanboys. It's like incredible." - Sylvanas Windrunner

"If you kill your enemies, they win." - Anduin Wrynn