Return of the Pogo-Hopper

Pogo-Hopper is INSANE in Battlegrounds. You will only lose if you have really bad luck pulling some pogos. Try it now before it is nerfed because it will be nerfed.
    Hail Lilith and see you in Hell!

read your topic and thought you were talking about this:

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Pogo-Hopper is INSANE in Battlegrounds. You will only lose if you have really bad luck pulling some pogos. Try it now before it is nerfed because it will be nerfed.
    I got 1st place on my first game of battlegrounds with Pogo hopper. But since then my luck on drafting pogo hoppers has been pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    I got 1st place on my first game of battlegrounds with Pogo hopper. But since then my luck on drafting pogo hoppers has been pretty bad.
    I'm at 5-2 so far with pogo strategy.

It's good but you have to be really lucky to get enough of them for snowball effect.

its best with sudderwock for the double battlecry then it can really snowball out of control

Today I didn't get as many Pogo Hoppers as yesterday. I even went to full tilt mode and rolled until I would see them. I literally saw only two Pogo Hoppers in 7 turns or so. Same happened with Toxfin rolls, full tilt mode to roll and nothing with murloc board for 7+ turns.

Did they nerf chance to see Pogo Hopper and tinyfin?
    Last edited by mmocfd1b0ab5a3; 2019-11-07 at 06:20 AM.

I don't think it has been nerfed, just that people have wised up and realized how good it is and are drafting the hell of it.

Beasts and Mechs just seem to be the ones that win me every game.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    I don't think it has been nerfed, just that people have wised up and realized how good it is and are drafting the hell of it.

Beasts and Mechs just seem to be the ones that win me every game.
    Honestly I think a lucky draw with murlocs is unbeatable. Getting to a high tavern level when you can get the adapt all murlocs beast is just insane. I once saw 6 different murlocs with a combination of windfury, poison and divine shield and really, Poison is insanely powerful in battlegrounds.

I wish demons were a bit more consistent. But the meta right now seems very stale. And why on earth is there no dragon or deathrattle meta???

I've played over 40 battleground games now, from what I've observed, you are most likely to win with some deathrattle mech + junkbot. The other strong option is beasts due to Hydra + Hyena + Mother Bear + deathrattle effects. Demons can win if you have a good run and your opponents don't manage to get proper mech or beast combo. Murlocs seem like the weakest synergy.

I've tried most of the shenenigans to play into different Hero's strengths, but very few are actually playable to that effect. Good ones: 4 mana divine shield guy, +1/+1 mechs, skip two rounds girl, jaraxxus, mukla, yogg if lucky and a small number of others, but most is garbage that puts you at a disadvantage before the game even starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Qoning View Post
    I've played over 40 battleground games now, from what I've observed, you are most likely to win with some deathrattle mech + junkbot. The other strong option is beasts due to Hydra + Hyena + Mother Bear + deathrattle effects. Demons can win if you have a good run and your opponents don't manage to get proper mech or beast combo. Murlocs seem like the weakest synergy.

I've tried most of the shenenigans to play into different Hero's strengths, but very few are actually playable to that effect. Good ones: 4 mana divine shield guy, +1/+1 mechs, skip two rounds girl, jaraxxus, mukla, yogg if lucky and a small number of others, but most is garbage that puts you at a disadvantage before the game even starts.
    I like stitches with demons, works well as well, the combo of the large health pool synergizes nice with the take damage minions and the + missing health big demon

The +1/+1 mechs can be crazy OP depending on the draws.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

This has also been my experience. While Demons absolutely destroy in the early and mid-early game, they don't scale too well long term, since the best demon counterpart is the 3 dmg pinger everytime a demon dies and that one can't be buffed easily.

To be honest, both the Beast and Mech meta has the deathrattle meta built-in. Can fancy it up with Rivendare or Khadgar since they end up doing the same.
    If World of Warcraft has taught me anything, it's that teaching a crowd something is far harder than teaching individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    To be honest, both the Beast and Mech meta has the deathrattle meta built-in. Can fancy it up with Rivendare or Khadgar since they end up doing the same.
    Last night I completely DESTROYED a BG where I had a Golden Rivendare on the far right and a Golden Goldrinn on far left... As soon as Goldrinn died, he buffed ALL of my beasts (not even initially buffed) by +8/+8 THREE times. A simple 2/4 cleaving beast became a freaking 26/28 cleaving behemoth... Not to mention the golden Hyena. it was a massacre.

I think it has been stated that other players grabbing cards lowers the pool. So if four people are grabbing pogo nobodies strategy will work.

I have been loving Battleground. As others said Beast and Mech seem to be the best so far.

I try demon with Patchwerk or Jarax and usually fail to get into the top 3.

Murloc just seems very subpar. I hope they bring out other card groups

Murlocs struggle unless you can get their health up. Early strategies generally don't work in Battlegrounds anyhow.
    Demons can be good if you get lucky, they are just not as reliable as mech and beasts can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Colmadero View Post
    Last night I completely DESTROYED a BG where I had a Golden Rivendare on the far right and a Golden Goldrinn on far left... As soon as Goldrinn died, he buffed ALL of my beasts (not even initially buffed) by +8/+8 THREE times. A simple 2/4 cleaving beast became a freaking 26/28 cleaving behemoth... Not to mention the golden Hyena. it was a massacre.
    Happened the same stuff to me. It was INSANE with the Golden wolf and the gold hydra. Even on YouTube never saw something like that, actually