Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I just like the idea of being invisible

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venarik View Post
    I just like the idea of being invisible
    I too like to project my irl life to the games I play.

i love ganking people and making them mad

I switched to Rogue in Classic, actually.

So I was playing my Warrior, and I got to a point where I couldn't do a single quest without being completely obliterated by the enemy faction every time I pull a mob.
    (I was lvl 39 doing quests in Arathi. I know it's a bad place to quest but I was farming mobs for my WW axe; also I like doing quests for zone completion.)

Anyway, I got so annoyed by all the ganking, I deleted my lvl 39 Warrior (needed 10% more to 40), I made a fresh Rogue, and got it to lvl 47-48 iirc.
    I had so much fun that I made the same Rogue in BFA when I got tired of Classic, and now I can't even consider playing anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mibzo View Post
    As someone mentioned; if you played with stealth it's hard to go back.
    You have to go into the back of a cave? No problem! Stealth all the way through.
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by drbatman View Post
    i love ganking people and making them mad
    I support this post

I really love Rogue because of the mechanics and it was the first character I've ever made when I first started WoW.

i like to do what i want 'cause a pirate is free, i am a pirate

Yarr har fiddle dee dee
    Being a pirate is alright to be!

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    Because Affliction sucks in M+ and I don't like Destruction or Demo.
    Afflic for life

In classic I just thought they looked neat. I loved the whole shtick of being sneaky from the get-go, but I think I fell in love with it when I went noob-fishing in Orgrimmar with a crashin' thrashin' racer getting noobs to flag on it and swooping down on them like Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I like poisons, stealth, fast attacks, doing quests faster, sprint.. and it kinda feels like not so many people are playing rogue all together either, so i feel its a little unique -

My rogue was my original main, but I can't say it ended up being my favorite class, and it hasn't been my main since at least Mists. I still play because I like to play every class, and it is fun in battlegrounds but that's it. I'm miserable questing with it. I just play it and have fun in BG's where you can sap people.

I like being absolutely broken and at the same time needed and wanted for everything, and on top of that easy to play, not DH easy, but still pretty facerolly.
    I'll always have a geared rogue even if I don't main it, it's a no brainer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's my main for over 13 years.
    Because being bloody invisible Alliance murderer is my WarCraft alter ego.
    Simply, because being rogue is badass.

Stealth is a nice alternative to when you just don't feel like playing to Blizzard's idea of fighting everything constantly. I also normally gravitate to sneaky/cunning melee over "me use axe to kill" dumb brute melee.

Also my alias is PolarTHIEF.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

5+ Year Old Account
    I always liked to pick the agile, resourceful and swift character in MMORPGs.

there is alot of character depth and story depth with rogues blizzard is on a mountain of resourceful story telling ideas when rogues are a class chosen for character creation. my rogue has started from lvl 1 to lvl 120. it was always very hard playing this class for some reason. the pain from playing the class is really bad too. the perks for rogue are pathfinder, pick and choose your battles. blizzard should give rogues powerful rotations so that the class wins more. other than that rogues are a really cool class to play they have great character aesthetics. they make great leaders too. rogues along with druids make great spies. and stealth strike teams.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Only reason I would play a rogue would be to level quickly.
    Stealth + treasure finding is huge for leveling speed.
    Always seems to be overlooked some how.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I've had my rogue since start of TBC. Sure at the beginning I fucked around a bit until level 13 with a lot of classes, but in the end I ended up with a Rogue. Why ? Cause in any game where you can pick a class or w/e, I always gravitated towards the agile, maybe stealthy, melee ones. That's just how my brain works.

This guy went through multiple faction and race changes. But it did start as a NE female ( on spinebreaker if I'm not mistaken ) with a female-ish name as I guess I liked the whole amazonian type rogue fantasy. As I grew older I obviously just changed it to my normal gaming nickname and went male.

I'll be honest tho. Rogue throughout all the changes by blizzard, hasnt always been the most fun spec. I've always liked all the specs, but I cant lie and say sometimes it didnt get boring. I alt shaman is like my second main usually as I love Elemental and Resto. But even if I may main the shaman for a patch, I always go back to the rogue after a break.

Everything I've done is on the rogue. I'm not much of a completionist but still, every achieve I've done, every old Feat of Strength I have, it all there. There's too much investment in this character to ever just abandon him.

I still remember being a beginner and just not even being interested in PvE in TBC ( my background is mostly competitive FPS/MOBAs ) so I just played PvP with my very limited gear and knowledge and everyday I would farm BGs, every, single, day. And it was fun as fuck to ninja flags and all that. It was quite the achievement for me to get my S1 rogue Set through honor.

Wrath and Cata were my peak rogue experiences in raiding and pvp in terms of fun and people I did it with.

8.3 isn't enticing me to come back but I'll definitely give Shadowlands a try on my rogue.

My Rogue, my first main class in 15 years of WoW was allways a niche class. I enjoyed the min-maxing with each dominant spec over the years and I only stopped with LEGION and the stupid META-status of the rogue class in every part of the game (RAID, M+, PVP).

The Rogue community changed A _ LOT with beeing so long the meta class for everything. I do my weekly-10 on my rogue for sentimental reasons only and as soon as this is done, I log on to a real class I can enjoy without the meta tag on its forhead.

10-15 year long rogue mains I know stopped playing the class mid LEGION and switched. When I check Raider.IOs rogue list, it really sad to see how many are BfA starters and just choose the class because of the tunning issues.

2/10 positive
    Last edited by Ange; 2019-12-25 at 07:01 PM.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Hey There Guys its Metro View Post
    Only reason I would play a rogue would be to level quickly.
    Stealth + treasure finding is huge for leveling speed.
    Always seems to be overlooked some how.
    Depends what you mean by leveling. If you mean from scratch (from 1 or 20), monk is faster simply because of the 50% XP buff(later 20% and in the end 0%). Treasure finding is a racial, not a rogue ability afaik, and even then that's pretty useless considering treasures are mapped out by add-ons before patches/expansions even go live.
    Stealth is definitely convenient, though.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU