Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I play Arms/Prot, Havoc/Vengeance, Ret/Prot/Holy, and WW monk.

I think Demon Hunter is in a good spot overall, I miss the artifact ability for both specs but overall they feel fluid and satisfying. Vengeance overall is the most unique tank spec I'd say, with Sigils and the ability to fly all over the place for mob control and stacking.

Arms and Prot are both pretty satisfying to play, Fury sucks, hate the spec.

Paladins are in a decent enough spot, I feel like Ret is a bit too simplistic but in PvP all the utility they bring makes them a blast to play.

WW Monk honestly isn't much fun. The GCD change really messes with that class.

Overall I'd say I'm satisfied with overall class design, at least for the classes I play. I used to play Shaman but after Legion I shelved it, Blizzard will never get Shaman the proper attention they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by KOREAN DAVE View Post
    I play Arms/Prot, Havoc/Vengeance, Ret/Prot/Holy, and WW monk.

I think Demon Hunter is in a good spot overall, I miss the artifact ability for both specs but overall they feel fluid and satisfying. Vengeance overall is the most unique tank spec I'd say, with Sigils and the ability to fly all over the place for mob control and stacking.

Arms and Prot are both pretty satisfying to play, Fury sucks, hate the spec.

Paladins are in a decent enough spot, I feel like Ret is a bit too simplistic but in PvP all the utility they bring makes them a blast to play.

WW Monk honestly isn't much fun. The GCD change really messes with that class.

Overall I'd say I'm satisfied with overall class design, at least for the classes I play. I used to play Shaman but after Legion I shelved it, Blizzard will never get Shaman the proper attention they deserve.
    only thing they put on gcd was storm/earth/fire fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie081 View Post
    [B]As for Mistweaver, it's always been in an odd spot in that when Blizzard tries to fix the spec's problems it replaces them with other issues. It's also a lot more complicated than say a Holy Paladin yet doesn't give the higher reward of more healing. People are having a laugh if they say healers are balanced because they're nowhere near. I still main my Monk because I'm masochistic, sunk cost... all that.
    I just came back to WoW after a break for 6 months break, decided to prepare a MW monk for Shadowlands, collecting transmog, learning the playstyle and whatnot.

I played Rshaman back in Dazar'alor and healer balance was really good back then, our top performer was a MW monk and we were world rank 270-something.
    Really sad to hear what's happened to the healer meta in latest raid.

Really hope Blizzard makes adjustments before Shadowlands, MW monk could use some love for sure, the healing kit is fun to play with and feels powerful - but that's never enough for healers at the moment. They gotta do damage or bring insane utility, Monk has none of that.

Imo, current Disc priest is the biggest mistake Blizzard has made since the inception of WoW, made healer balance so much more complicated.

Quote Originally Posted by rohoz View Post
    only thing they put on gcd was storm/earth/fire fwiw
    Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about lol, when it wasn't on GCD the class was smooth as butter, now you have to spend 2 GCDs for your CDs and it just sucks, it never feels good.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about lol, when it wasn't on GCD the class was smooth as butter, now you have to spend 2 GCDs for your CDs and it just sucks, it never feels good.
    You spend 1, though.

This expansion caused me to switch away from my main since Classic (Warrior) to a Balance Druid.
    For all the specs/classes that I currently play I feel like improvements are welcome, with some needing more focus compared to others.

In general, I'd say I dislike the current class design and I hope that unpruning can bring some of it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sezh View Post
    I just came back to WoW after a break for 6 months break, decided to prepare a MW monk for Shadowlands, collecting transmog, learning the playstyle and whatnot.

I played Rshaman back in Dazar'alor and healer balance was really good back then, our top performer was a MW monk and we were world rank 270-something.
    Really sad to hear what's happened to the healer meta in latest raid.

Really hope Blizzard makes adjustments before Shadowlands, MW monk could use some love for sure, the healing kit is fun to play with and feels powerful - but that's never enough for healers at the moment. They gotta do damage or bring insane utility, Monk has none of that.

Imo, current Disc priest is the biggest mistake Blizzard has made since the inception of WoW, made healer balance so much more complicated.
    Disc priest was the best healer in the meta in BoD when you last played, and Hpal is the best healer rn.

You spend 1, though.
    When I played WW last, you'd run energizing elixir, you'd pop both at the same time before you can start your burst and setup. It's probably different now but I haven't played the class in over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Pity this forum isn't liked to peoples WoW accounts, being able to see who actually plays the game (and at what level) and who is just a bitter jaded quitter who shits on the game without playing it for years, would be a real eye opener.
    This basically, been saying this for years lately.

The amount of obviously either unskilled/insanely casual/quitters that just post pointless stuff on these forums is the majority.

B.net account is needed so we can see the average complainer is that dude that thinks doing pet battles 5 hours a day, gives him an opinion about how raiding should be.

The same way the Blizzard CM last year, called out that scrub that complained there was nothing to do, without even entering all of the Normal dungeons, has only done 2 of the leveling areas and nothing War Campaign wise, 3 months into the game and somehow was entitled to an opinion about "Stuff to do in game".
    Last edited by potis; 2019-11-15 at 12:00 PM.

I've got no issues with the ones i play, pally, DK, war.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

When I played WW last, you'd run energizing elixir, you'd pop both at the same time before you can start your burst and setup. It's probably different now but I haven't played the class in over a year.
    You didn't run energizing elixir since the 8.0 talents came in. Fist of the white tiger was always superior.

So I guess your bad experience was due to being bad.

Disc priest was the best healer in the meta in BoD when you last played, and Hpal is the best healer rn.
    There will always be one or two top performers. But as far as I've understood it, all guilds bring 1-2 discs and 1-2 Hpalas for every single fight in EP - and there is never ever any reason to bring another kind of healer because the damage output discrepancy is so massive. That's just not right.

There will always be one or two top performers. But as far as I've understood it, all guilds bring 1-2 discs and 1-2 Hpalas for every single fight in EP - and there is never ever any reason to bring another kind of healer because the damage output discrepancy is so massive. That's just not right.
    There has never been a point in this game where people didn't stack the "best" of anything.
    Did you not play for chainheal plateau?

And, all healers are well represented, just not at the absolute bleeding edge.

There has never been a point in this game where people didn't stack the "best" of anything.
    Did you not play for chainheal plateau?

And, all healers are well represented, just not at the absolute bleeding edge.
    I know, I know. But there is a difference between having a few healers being able to output more raw healing than others, or some healer having a specific utility that makes them invaluable in a specific circumstance.

That's not the same as healer meta being decided by which specs are the only ones with raid wide damage reduction being best in every circumstance or the two healers who DPS the most being best. If it were up to me, all healer DPS should be reduced by 90% inside a raid to make sure healer DPS never dictates healer meta. But Blizz made any such solution to a degenerate meta much harder to consider when they created current disc.

I know, I know. But there is a difference between having a few healers being able to output more raw healing than others, or some healer having a specific utility that makes them invaluable in a specific circumstance.

That's not the same as healer meta being decided by which specs are the only ones with raid wide damage reduction being best in every circumstance or the two healers who DPS the most being best. If it were up to me, all healer DPS should be reduced by 90% inside a raid to make sure healer DPS never dictates healer meta. But Blizz made any such solution to a degenerate meta much harder to consider when they created current disc.
    Resto shaman do more dps than disc priests
    You don't bring disc for dps. You bring disc because shields are powerful. If your raid needs dps and a healer they usually get what the community calls a "battle shaman" which is a resto shaman with 3x igneous potential that does damage outside of dropping tides/links/healing in hard phases.

and thank god that it's not up to you because these uninformed decisions, wheww chile.
    Last edited by rohoz; 2019-11-15 at 12:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathLord View Post
    Class design and balance is the worst it's ever been.
    Design can be argued and is subjective, but balance? The worst it's ever been? Really? Hyperbole doesn't really contribute great feedback.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Leih View Post
    Design can be argued and is subjective, but balance? The worst it's ever been? Really? Hyperbole doesn't really contribute great feedback.
    welcome to mmo-c where the more ridiculous and incorrect the awful opinion is the more people regurgitate it.

I haven't touch BFA, but three design principles that underpin its class design and I really dislike are

a) the bare-bones specs that get to their intended state by a multitude of secondary systems at the final patch (only to be completely reset at the next expansion)

b) a number of abilities, mainly flavor or utility, are locked behind pvp and warmode.

c) abilities and passives that were integral for a spec in expansion A are removed or become talents/effects of legendary items/whatever in the next expansion, usually in direct competition with other abilities/talents with which they were synergising in the previous expansion.

BFA and Legion have all of the above and as such, for my taste, they had the absolute worst class design in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I haven't touch BFA, but three design principles that underpin its class design and I really dislike are

a) the bare-bones specs that get to their intended state by a multitude of secondary systems at the final patch (only to be completely reset at the next expansion)

b) a number of abilities, mainly flavor or utility, are locked behind pvp and warmode.

c) abilities and passives that were integral for a spec in expansion A are removed or become talents/effects of legendary items/whatever in the next expansion, usually in direct competition with other abilities/talents with which they were synergising in the previous expansion.

BFA and Legion have all of the above and as such, for my taste, they had the absolute worst class design in WoW.
    a)Objectively wrong but okay, that's fine. Only thing you were "missing" in the wod>legion leveling was tier. You lost nothing and gained more on top of it. If you're calling all prior expansions bare bones, sure, but if not, you're objectively incorrect

b)Versus abilities that were untouched for months, and useless in pve content. Like counterstrike totem.

c)They reshuffle talent trees every expansion, are you new?

I like every last one i play. The ONLY i am not that fond of is frost DK.