Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Didn't like Feral, Moonkin or Guardian. Liked Resto, but that hasn't really changed a lot from Legion. Unfortunately my guild had no need for healer, so I had to re-roll.
    Went DK and so far I've enjoyed all the specs. I've also tried Rogue and liked both Outlaw and Assassination. Those are the specs I've tried in BFA since I returned for 8.2.

There's room for improvement for sure, but it wasn't that hard to find a spec I liked. Seems most of them are fairly well balanced as well. Wish it would have been easier to re-roll mains though (damn essences).

I have x11 120 level characters with 427-446ilvl (In Legion x15 110)
    Most talents are very weak, the choice of essences for some specializations almost converge to one/two, many specs rotations is BORING ASF, couple specs is REALLY BAD in some aspects of the game, Arena / rbg / mythic + / raid etc
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

You'd be surprised. From what I've seen most people love BfA classes, so there's pretty much zero hope that they'll ever improve them.

Stood in the Fire EntertainmentNihilist's Avatar
    I play elemental shaman (main), bm hunter, frost DK, havoc DH, demo warlock, and arcane mage, and I am mostly happy with all those specs. There are a few minor gripes, but for the most part i'm happy.

Honestly, I do not understand why people on this forum are so negative about classes. I played during MoP, and can honestly say the game is far more fun for me in BFA.

Quote Originally Posted by EntertainmentNihilist View Post
    Honestly, I do not understand why people on this forum are so negative about classes. I played during MoP, and can honestly say the game is far more fun for me in BFA.
    Its probably mostly just casters who want to be as mobile as melee without any downside which was the case in MoP.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

The Unstoppable Force FelPlague's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Its probably mostly just casters who want to be as mobile as melee without any downside which was the case in MoP.
    Bassicly

melee
    -gotta deal with faster time to react to more mechanics
    -can be kited
    +dont rely on casts, so only needing to worry of the basic "you cant move" spells
    +can attack while moving, so no need to lose dps while moving out of aoe, usually more tanky

ranged
    -gotta stop casting to move, usually more squishy aswell so you need to dodge mechanics faster
    -you will not beleive how much it fuckign sucks to pvp as a caster sometimes.
    (kick, knockback, stun, silence, disoreint.) constantly, to the point you spend most of a fight unable to cast a spell.
    +Roots dont work a ton on them
    +can avoid a lot of mechanics, and usually have more time to react to some.

or just be a fucking hunter and get the best of both worlds cause fuck all yall hunters are literlaly insane fuck hunters.

but yeah we had a conversation with my fellow lock a few days back who was complaining locks are uselsss and never brought to anything, logn story short. he was just mad we no longer had literally everything, good aoe, good single target, good multidot, good burst, good mobility, good utility, and good survivability.
    we got good single target in 2/3 specs, good multidot in 2/3, good aoe in 2/3, good utility in all 3 depending on what you need. no good mobility really, but good survivability in all 3.

i do wish we got an actual speedboost, i miss burning rush being baseline, cause while its cool we have our gateways and the return of circle to baseline in shadowlandfs, that is all PREPLANNED movement, we need to be able to go "oh shit i need to move!" instead of "ok time to go to where my circle is"
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2020-01-19 at 09:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Being racist is not wrong. It is a lifestyle that you don't approve of. Being racist isn't even illegal, and it never will be.

The Unstoppable Force
    The GCD change still feels really fucking awful to me as arcane mage. It takes 3 GCDs just to get going at the start of the fight. It's dumb. If they don't want people stacking cooldowns, then don't design the classes to stack cooldowns. It shouldn't be rocket science and sticking cooldowns on the GCD is about the most ass backwards way possible to do it.

Arcane mage also doesn't feel that great in that there's not really any talent options. Arcane is all about burst, so the talent options that don't add to the burst are ignored the vast majority of the time. Mana management also isn't terribly rewarding or interesting in the current game, you just dump it then wait a minute and a half to dump it again.

Enhance shaman still plays much the same as it did in Legion, but it's still far too squishy. Either needs more survivability or more utility to make up for the lack of survivability.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    I main a Ret Pally. I hate BfA's class design. It's got all the bad bits of Legion and WoD, and none of the good bits. I also play an Ele/Resto Shaman a fair bit, and it's sucks there, too.

While I understand that Demo is good now, I find Destro terribly boring (it was more fun in WoD, though I'm sure quite why), and Affliction just blows now - Affliction shouldn't be about working around a stupid-ass cooldown. I haven't played my Monk enough to have a real feel for how they are now. My Rogue has been gutted, because they were always Sub, and Sub is awful now. My Arcane Mage lacks all the cool stuff from Legion, and also lacks the interesting resource management of MoP or WoD. My Fire Mage is like in Legion, but worse. Same for my Frost DK (where's my Two-handed build option?). My Arms Warrior seems... okay, I guess? My Hunter misses Hati. My Boomkin just isn't fun and is now Feral because I find it easier questing that way.

Overall, I'm not at all a fan of BfA's class builds, and I play both melee and ranged and healers, and sometimes tank for guildies.

On top of all that, I think that having all the abilities past the L100 talent granted by items is bad. It makes our characters not powerful in their own right, but vehicles for their shinies, even more than their gear being the source of most of their stats. They really have have lifted the L100 talent row to L105 where it should be for the 'one row every 15 levels' pattern, and given us another row at L120.

Another thought - the dev team managed to produce a huge number of artefact weapons, each with their powers and builds, each unique to their spec for Legion. Now really they were just a bunch of bonuses and procs, plus an active ability per spec, but they managed that plus the top talent row for Legion. How come all they're putting out now is these azerite traits that are 'one size fits all' for each role, and which aren't active, plus more 'one for all' essences that while they have an active ability, aren't very interesting, by and large? Worse, the essences tend to be such that one is insanely better than the rest for a given spec, so everyone just uses that one, if they have it. Sure, cookie-cutter builds have been the norm for 14+ years now, but it'd be nice if some effort was made to make the things a little less cut and dried.
    Last edited by Kalisandra; 2020-01-19 at 02:45 PM.

I like the demon hunter dps/rotation.
    Hopefully they dont destroy it in 9.0

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    melee
    -gotta deal with faster time to react to more mechanics
    -can be kited
    +dont rely on casts, so only needing to worry of the basic "you cant move" spells
    +can attack while moving, so no need to lose dps while moving out of aoe, usually more tanky
    Melee hasn't been more tanky than casters for some time.

ranged
    -gotta stop casting to move, usually more squishy aswell so you need to dodge mechanics faster
    -you will not beleive how much it fuckign sucks to pvp as a caster sometimes.
    (kick, knockback, stun, silence, disoreint.) constantly, to the point you spend most of a fight unable to cast a spell.
    +Roots dont work a ton on them
    +can avoid a lot of mechanics, and usually have more time to react to some.
    [/quote]The caster-melee PvP balance has been way off for years now. They really need to fix it, so that melee can catch casters, but can't just stick to them. Then they need to sort it so that the exceptionally slow melee and exceptionally fast ranged aren't unplayable bad and unbeatably good.
    or just be a fucking hunter and get the best of both worlds cause fuck all yall hunters are literlaly insane fuck hunters.
    And put a bullet in their heads, yeah.

i do wish we got an actual speedboost, i miss burning rush being baseline, cause while its cool we have our gateways and the return of circle to baseline in shadowlandfs, that is all PREPLANNED movement, we need to be able to go "oh shit i need to move!" instead of "ok time to go to where my circle is"
    I miss it on my lock, too. Sure, you can talent for it, but it's not the same.

And I really, really miss Gust of Wind on my Shaman. It made not having casting Lightning Bolt whilst moving tolerable.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Arcane mage also doesn't feel that great in that there's not really any talent options. Arcane is all about burst, so the talent options that don't add to the burst are ignored the vast majority of the time. Mana management also isn't terribly rewarding or interesting in the current game, you just dump it then wait a minute and a half to dump it again.
    I think part of the problem is that it doesn't matter how much mana you have when you're not burning, unlike the old Mastery where you really wanted to sit at 90%+ until your CDs came up. These days you can burn, Evocate, burn again, and only then do you need to slack off. In anything but a raid boss fight it's going to be all over by then, so really you're in your burn phase almost all the time. This also makes mistakes very forgiving, because unless you run completely dry you just ease off a bit until Evo comes off CD. Previously if you were on low mana with no Evo available, your DPS was almost zero while you let your mana come back up, so screwing up was costly.

Also, the way Arcane Missile and Clearcast procs works is braindead. No proc? Don't cast. Proc? Cast immediately. In Legion you could store procs and possibly sit on them if the time wasn't quite right, which was more interesting and more skillful.

From the classes that I generally play (druid, monk, hunter)
    Feral, guardian, windwalker, and brewmaster feel similar enough to what they have previously.

My lay with alot of the moonkins power being shifted away from its dots, straight into Starsurge.
    and
    Survival hunter feeling like a shell of its legion glory days. R.I.P true mongoose bite.

Fire feels good if you have the necessary essence, the on-use trinkets and Mechagon wrists. Absolutely powerful during combustion, trash outside the burst window, except of course when the target is below 30% and can use scorch.

Frost feels great, not a fan of noIL build, but the spells work in harmony with each other, they supplement each other. Glacial Spike feels powerful. I think Thermal Void is gonna make a competitive comeback.

Arcane is a one-button spam, needs complete overhaul. I doubt Shadowlands will fix it.

Mage is alright, I do want them to move away from CD bursting with downtime as with most classes I've tried. Make it more even in engagement. Adding the GCD change didn't change that except just made it clunky, but that's not a class flaw.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by kuhntasmash View Post
    My lay with alot of the moonkins power being shifted away from its dots, straight into Starsurge.
    I miss dropping moons on demon's heads.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Mage is alright, I do want them to move away from CD bursting with downtime as with most classes I've tried. Make it more even in engagement. Adding the GCD change didn't change that except just made it clunky, but that's not a class flaw.
    Aside from setting up burst feeling clunky, I most notice the GCD thing when tanking on my Pally. Their self-heal being on the GCD is a real annoyance, especially as they can't have their main damage reduction/active mitigation effect up constantly, so Pally tanks will take big chunky hits every so often, and the heal being on the GCD can make things dicey.

Yes and no, I guess.

I don't like how they revamp all the specs that were "slow" before. It's like every spec now is just button spam, every GCD as opposed to long 3-4s casts, tactical use of abilities and pooling energy instead of just spamming them like assassin rogues were at one point. Hell even managing mana as DPS is completely gone.

I mean we have 20+ DPS specs now. Why can't at least some be slower paced and tactical?

It isn't nearly as bad as most people claim, but most of the GCD changes were dumb.

Everyone is going to have a gripe about this or that, but aside from a few outliers, everything plays fine

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarys View Post
    Yes and no, I guess.

I don't like how they revamp all the specs that were "slow" before. It's like every spec now is just button spam, every GCD as opposed to long 3-4s casts, tactical use of abilities and pooling energy instead of just spamming them like assassin rogues were at one point. Hell even managing mana as DPS is completely gone.

I mean we have 20+ DPS specs now. Why can't at least some be slower paced and tactical?
    I have no idea. I was appalled at the way Legion made just about everyone into 'build and spend' specs with secondary power sources. It was one thing about Legion's character design that I didn't (and don't, because we still have that part of the builds now) like.

Having a game where some specs are very much about pooling energy and careful spending it (traditional Feral, some Rogues), some are about managing your energy/rage bar so that you don't run out but don't cap either by using cost efficient abilities when you're low and using inefficient ones when you're capping (Warriors, some Rogues), some are rotations with a few procs to react to (many casters), some are cooldowns+procs (Ret, once), some are insane spammy reactive messes, and some are fairly simple few button rotations and it's about managing mana (Arcane, until this expac) is a great thing. It means there's a playstyle for everyone. But over time the diversity of playstyles has been reduced. It's true for tanks and healers as well. Tanks don't play super-different in terms of what buttons you press, even if the underlying mechanics and such are a bit different. While healers are in some ways more diverse, with Disc now doing it's 'heal with DPS' thing, Mistweavers don't get to fist-weave any more, and Paladins want to be in the melee mob, and even want to hit things, but the healing they put out doesn't feel very unique any more (at least, not to me). Once upon a time, a Paladin stood there and spammed fast, big heals into the tank and as long as you could stop anything from messing with the Pally, the tank would not die. Not having any tools to group heal was a downer, but I feel there's been too much homogenisation of healers and tanks, and too much homogenisation of DPS rotations (even as they've worked to make DPS feel more different in other ways over the last few expacs).

The Unstoppable Force
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    I think part of the problem is that it doesn't matter how much mana you have when you're not burning, unlike the old Mastery where you really wanted to sit at 90%+ until your CDs came up. These days you can burn, Evocate, burn again, and only then do you need to slack off. In anything but a raid boss fight it's going to be all over by then, so really you're in your burn phase almost all the time. This also makes mistakes very forgiving, because unless you run completely dry you just ease off a bit until Evo comes off CD. Previously if you were on low mana with no Evo available, your DPS was almost zero while you let your mana come back up, so screwing up was costly.

Also, the way Arcane Missile and Clearcast procs works is braindead. No proc? Don't cast. Proc? Cast immediately. In Legion you could store procs and possibly sit on them if the time wasn't quite right, which was more interesting and more skillful.
    Oh yeah, reducing Arcane Missiles to a single stack instead of 3 was such a bad design choice.

Playing Frost Mage and always have a ton of fun with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Not having any tools to group heal was a downer, but I feel there's been too much homogenisation of healers and tanks, and too much homogenisation of DPS rotations (even as they've worked to make DPS feel more different in other ways over the last few expacs).
    The alternative of your "to much homogenisation" is that you have 1 TANK and X bad alternatives, you have 1 HEAL and X bad alternatives and you have 1 DPS and X hybrids. There is a game version of WoW that allows you to fully experience the pro's/con's from going with less homogenisation.

The issue is, the game got more demanding and at some point numbers/mechanics matter more than you as the player. While this tought bubble of cool and unique class mechanics is a big topic in the forums the reality is, that even 15 years ago the actual players cut the bullshit and just boosted raids with a core of 10-15 players and just got rid of the unique/special classes and min-maxed the raid-composition.

So it feels a bit strange to see this topic still popping up, when the whole idea was allready killed by the community in the first WoW months a lot of years ago and blizzard had to change the game towards the community demands.
    hidden information WoWArmory | Raider.IO | WoWProg | logs Logs1 | Logs2 | Logs3