Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    8/8 Normal EP, 7/8 Heroic in a guild that's 8/8.

Not bragging, and not claiming to be forefront, that's just where I am, take it for whatever you feel like taking it. I just find people like you hilarious "only I and people who meet my exact criteria are worthy of opinion! I'm speshul because I'm 9/8 Mythic N'zoth and it's not even out yet!"
    Well I'm not trying to sound like that, I just feel like people who are honestly anything Heroic raiding or higher should only have a certain voice as far as classes go. What does it matter to the casuals whose hardest accomplishment is an elite WQ? They don't need gear, they don't need anything. They have absolutely no clue as to why classes are performing horribly or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I haven't touch BFA, but three design principles that underpin its class design and I really dislike are

a) the bare-bones specs that get to their intended state by a multitude of secondary systems at the final patch (only to be completely reset at the next expansion)

b) a number of abilities, mainly flavor or utility, are locked behind pvp and warmode.

c) abilities and passives that were integral for a spec in expansion A are removed or become talents/effects of legendary items/whatever in the next expansion, usually in direct competition with other abilities/talents with which they were synergising in the previous expansion.

BFA and Legion have all of the above and as such, for my taste, they had the absolute worst class design in WoW.
    Accurate summary regarding designs and abilities. Pair that with excessive grinds, excessive RnG and awfull Horde lore and I can see why I grew to hate Legion and BfA so much. Seeing a lot of dead high end mythic guilds on my realm so guess I am not the only one done with BfA.

I think this is the reason I preferred TBC, WotLk and MoP over everything else. Strong class identity, fun and meaningfull abilities and some really unique fun class rotations. Making it feel like a unique but complete package. It feels like Blizzard is making it a point to imeddiately butcher all gameplay that is fun like snapshotting feral or double ice lance frost mage. When instead they should have centered the classes around this gameplay.

10+ Year Old Account
    When BFA first launched the pruning from Legion made every class I played boring AF. After 8.2 they did get better but I can't imagine the ppl who quit because of the downgrade from the Legion specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm trying to sort this out. I personally thought classes felt awful in BFA.

At Blizzcon we got no major announcement regarding reworking of classes, and it seems like a lot of people congratulated Blizzard on that....so does that mean people are happy with the classes in their current iteration with some old abilities thrown back on top?

After all, if they were to do a major talent revamp - which would be required in order to make classes feel more like classes and less like specs - wouldn't that be a "revamp" that these same people are congratulating Blizzard for NOT announcing?

I don't really understand how they take focus away from specs if they don't completely shake up talents, but no one seems to want a rework?
    I love demo lock for everything.
    i love destro for RBG's and dungeons
    i love affliction for pvp and world content

i like unholy and frost, although i dont play them enough to tell if i love them or not.
    i like havoc, i love vengence, the movement in that spec is just so fun...
    i love bm hunter, and i like marksman, although i wish that we had the beta rapid fire, where with the talent that made it shoot more, and the cooldown that doubled it, gave you 36 shots in 2 seconds...

Class design is garbage, took a drop in WOD and went in the shitcan from there, I quit mid WOD and a friend dragged me back for a bit in BFA (he quit before I did), I made it about 3 months before calling it quits.

In LK or MOP classes rocked, leveled the most alts there because the classes themselves were so fun to play (there were some outliners but in MOP I leveled one of every class (sometimes 2) from scratch just to level as another spec in the same class..

I hear some liked Legion (didn't sub) but sounds like the crap class design was propped up with the legendary weapon system (power for rent only for the expansion crappy idea IMO)

For me BFA is the joint-best expansion together with WoD. Ion really is a genius innovator.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    When BFA first launched the pruning from Legion made every class I played boring AF. After 8.2 they did get better but I can't imagine the ppl who quit because of the downgrade from the Legion specs.
    at the start of every expansion, during the teething phase it feels like that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celestraza View Post
    Accurate summary regarding designs and abilities. Pair that with excessive grinds, excessive RnG and awfull Horde lore and I can see why I grew to hate Legion and BfA so much. Seeing a lot of dead high end mythic guilds on my realm so guess I am not the only one done with BfA.

I think this is the reason I preferred TBC, WotLk and MoP over everything else. Strong class identity, fun and meaningfull abilities and some really unique fun class rotations. Making it feel like a unique but complete package. It feels like Blizzard is making it a point to imeddiately butcher all gameplay that is fun like snapshotting feral or double ice lance frost mage. When instead they should have centered the classes around this gameplay.
    BFA has very low rng for sensible people. You busting your balls to grind tf is no different to you trying to grind forors in dire maul, for instance.
    but sure.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've played the same class for 15 years now and I've taken it through just about all content imaginable.

BFA is one of the high points for Fury. Eh for Arms, I liked every implementation of Legion Arms more, but Arms is one of those specs that Blizzard tends to neglect. Prot is Prot. I think there was only one point in Cata where prot felt shitty to me.

Shadow priest feels horrible compared to Legion, but that may have changed since I played shadow at the start of BFA.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Class design is garbage, took a drop in WOD and went in the shitcan from there, I quit mid WOD and a friend dragged me back for a bit in BFA (he quit before I did), I made it about 3 months before calling it quits.

In LK or MOP classes rocked, leveled the most alts there because the classes themselves were so fun to play (there were some outliners but in MOP I leveled one of every class (sometimes 2) from scratch just to level as another spec in the same class..

I hear some liked Legion (didn't sub) but sounds like the crap class design was propped up with the legendary weapon system (power for rent only for the expansion crappy idea IMO)
    Several class specs were fun to play, and you could see their full glory in Mage Tower. Dunno about PvP since majority of class critique has leaned too heavily on that aspect. Legendaries didn't do much and eventually you had a good portion of them unless you played alts.

ot: BFA class design is neutered, and this was a concern during Legion when they planned on removing Artifact weapons. Azerite traits are just a bandaid and nothing more. Don't care about M+, it's just a sh!t timed AoEfest with borrowed concept from WotLK.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2019-12-04 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I do so love both your attempt to over-read into this, and the holier than thou "end of discussion" as if you have some sort of mod-esque power over this forum to end whatever you like

You're probably one of those who thinks that an opinion is always fine, regardless of how objectively incorrect it is, no?
    Being able to understand that people have differing opinions would help a lot with being able to understand Blizzard's (and other game devs') decisions. Some people like simple things, some people like complex things. Developers want their game to be played. They'll do their best to cater to as many as possible.

I'd personally prefer if every class was a lot more complex, but I'm never surprised when something is simplified, even if I'm disappointed.

Also, while an opinion can definitely be wrong objectively, the fact remains that in a game developer's perspective, if enough people share the wrong opinion, they'll get less money for their product. In other words, there are effectively no wrong opinions when it comes to affecting Blizzard's decisions.

classes that i enjoyed playing in bfa
    - survival hunter was sooo much fun to level and i still enjoy playing pvp with him
    - veng dh, but im still bummed they took the slow away from the leap :/
    - demo lock
    - resto druid

classes i didnt enjoy playing in bfa
    - disc priest is just a concept i never warmed up to since they changed it to the damage = heal paradigm (it was my main since classic)

10+ Year Old Account
    I have at least 1 120 of every class. Ill mark the standouts.

Really like:
    Warrior, Prot and fury especially, arms is just in a bad place.
    Demon Hunter, both specs, still fun.
    Rogue though i don't like Subtlety anymore.
    Paladin, enjoy all the specs but really like Glimmer Build Holy (RIP)

Strong Dislike:
    Lock, Don't enjoy Havoc Destruction playstyle and the UA spam of affliction is boring.
    Druid, dont like a single spec period. I feel i have lost all love for a class i once mained.
    Hunter, the two ranged specs have lost a ton of identity, and Surv just lacks a niche (though is fun).

Other classes i can take or leave, they leave little significant impression on me.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    but they all feel different and interesting to play. People just spew the same bullshit, but fact is, apart from a couple of outliers, the classes\specs are in a very, very good place right now.
    This is very much your opinion, not objective fact...

They are in a good place balance wise, yes, but to many they all feel like shit to play and aren't interesting at all.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    This is very much your opinion, not objective fact...

They are in a good place balance wise, yes, but to many they all feel like shit to play and aren't interesting at all.
    And that is their opinions as well.

I find the class (fire mage) really fun to play right now.

Well, Warlocks as a class feels like the trashcan of BfA in terms of class design.(not power)

Should be reverted back to MoP standards, the last time i felt this class felt any good with a class overhaul.

The GCD changes are still annoying for the gameplay. You notice it more in pvp, i guess.

Then, there are some specs that need either an overhaul or smoother gameplay design.

1. Frost dks should use 2hand weapons for big burst along with dw masterfrost again and do their meaningful burst with their core weapon abilities, like obliterate and frost strike.(back to MoP/WoD standards)

2. Shadow Priest does not need an active voidform, should rather made passive by talentchoice and replace shadowform.

Personally, i loved the MoP/WoD design of shadow priests, its gameplay was fluent with new choices, i prefered the 1-3 orbs over insanity(just a 100% spender bar) and hate how Devouring Plague got removed, it was a nice nuke in PvP with 3 orbs left, this system was easy to manage and fast.

Those 2 examples show how a new design could ruin a spec, frost dk redesign in legion forward to bfa was complete unwanted BS, that did not even make sense with the class fantasy while shadow priest changes could make sense with the class fantasy, if they go all out on lovecraft, but fail in gameplay mechanics, which are just clunky in comparission to the older design in mop/wod.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    I'm trying to sort this out. I personally thought classes felt awful in BFA.

At Blizzcon we got no major announcement regarding reworking of classes, and it seems like a lot of people congratulated Blizzard on that....so does that mean people are happy with the classes in their current iteration with some old abilities thrown back on top?

After all, if they were to do a major talent revamp - which would be required in order to make classes feel more like classes and less like specs - wouldn't that be a "revamp" that these same people are congratulating Blizzard for NOT announcing?

I don't really understand how they take focus away from specs if they don't completely shake up talents, but no one seems to want a rework?

"Brainwashed people" fixed that for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    1. Frost dks should use 2hand weapons for big burst along with dw masterfrost again and do their meaningful burst with their core weapon abilities, like obliterate and frost strike.(back to MoP/WoD standards)
    The loss of 2H Frost in Legion was one of the major negative for it, IMO. I otherwise quite liked Legion. I love my plate DPS with big 2-handers and big hits (and Fury doesn't count, I'm afraid), so losing one of the choices for that saddens me, especially as Unholy just isn't the same, with it's pets and diseases. I think there are far too many dual-weapon specs in the game, and we need more 2-hander DPS specs.

I hate them for various reasons. I play a Death Knight though, so that should tell you everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    The loss of 2H Frost in Legion was one of the major negative for it, IMO. I otherwise quite liked Legion. I love my plate DPS with big 2-handers and big hits (and Fury doesn't count, I'm afraid), so losing one of the choices for that saddens me, especially as Unholy just isn't the same, with it's pets and diseases. I think there are far too many dual-weapon specs in the game, and we need more 2-hander DPS specs.
    I mean, i play unholy anyways, but i had fond memories playing frost in cata/mop/wod and in pve i played most of the time dw masterfrost, but in pvp i used the 2hand weapon, bigger crits simply made more sense in that scenario, i think there was a small delay in uptime while beeing kited and the big hits of the 2h weapon were more clean in such a situation and also more pleasant for the eye.

In any case, since legion, weapon styles, that used to do what their name implies, suddenly hit like a wet noodle and autoattack white hits and frost fever started to do more dmg. The current frost dk design as a whole is false, its not just an asthetic question here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Played Frost Mage exclusively this expac. Dabbled in Fire and Arcane during Uldir but went back to Frost and haven't respecced since.

I love it to bits. I love the build-spend cast model with GS as it is an EXTREMELY satisfying spell to cast (since it hits so hard), as well as the otherwise rapid-pacing and mobility of the spec.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)