Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    GCD really needs to go. Combat gameplay in Legion felt so much more fluid.

Classic is there for those that want old WoW and GCD.

10+ Year Old Account
    I been playing a mage, Paladin and Hunter since Vanilla and a Shammy since TBC and the only class I still feel comfortable playing in BfA is mage.

Hunters feel awful outside of Survival, I haven't enjoyed Hunters since MoP.
    Ret Paladins and Enhancements shammy feel so ploddy and sluggish. I been told all melee feel this way (would like some conformation)

The GCD changes are a major issue as most have mentioned before and its worst for some classes than it is others.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play MM Hunter, Frost DK, Feral Druid and Havoc DH and I enjoy them all. But they could be improved for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    They'll do their best to cater to as many as possible.
    Cater to the audience back in wotlk.

Boom, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by korijenkins View Post
    I hate them for various reasons. I play a Death Knight though, so that should tell you everything.
    UH dks got ripped to shreds in legion and bfa with the festering wound mechanic, so clunky, hard to manage, RNG reliant, not satisfying or rewarding.

BFA is a mess, where a good chunk of your damage comes from auto attack.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2019-12-14 at 06:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefkow View Post
    Cater to the audience back in wotlk.

Boom, problem solved.
    Not sure if serious and dumb or just joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwen View Post
    Class design is garbage, took a drop in WOD and went in the shitcan from there, I quit mid WOD and a friend dragged me back for a bit in BFA (he quit before I did), I made it about 3 months before calling it quits.

In LK or MOP classes rocked, leveled the most alts there because the classes themselves were so fun to play (there were some outliners but in MOP I leveled one of every class (sometimes 2) from scratch just to level as another spec in the same class..

I hear some liked Legion (didn't sub) but sounds like the crap class design was propped up with the legendary weapon system (power for rent only for the expansion crappy idea IMO)
    this. /10chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    I been playing a mage, Paladin and Hunter since Vanilla and a Shammy since TBC and the only class I still feel comfortable playing in BfA is mage.

Hunters feel awful outside of Survival, I haven't enjoyed Hunters since MoP.
    Ret Paladins and Enhancements shammy feel so ploddy and sluggish. I been told all melee feel this way (would like some conformation)

The GCD changes are a major issue as most have mentioned before and its worst for some classes than it is others.

yep, can thotally sign this. hunter was great in MoP and until that point. after MoP it is solely shit (and not solely just because of new surv spec). same statment as you abput enh and paladins. mage is the only class of that four, that has half way kept intact, in the sense of class design. arcane became a bit too pruned and straight but also feels ok as a „conserve and burst“ spec, but is to fixed in a niche and have just a numbers problem. fire has good mobility and still a broad toolkit and works fine overall, if you like that kind of mechanics. frost became a bit too streamlined imo, but has also a broad enough toolkit and still feels good to play.

so yes, 3 of the 4 gone downhill. which reflect the whole rate of goods and bads in specs since MoP (see my post above). at least in my oppinion.

I don't. I haven't found a class that I really enjoy this expansion. I especially hate the GCD change. Just makes it feel slow and clunky.

My only issues with most of the classes this expansion all center around feel. And that is of course subjective.

For instance, I have played aff lock and warrior (prot/fury) most of my 15 years playing. I’ve always preferred affliction as the drain spec. I’m not really into the shadow bolt/death bolt play style personally. Warrior seemed fine tho.

I have every other class at max level, sometimes a few of them. DH feels great, but I mostly M+. Mage has been hit or miss for me, but again that is subjective. Monk is missing its fluidness for me, but he’s only like 400ish, maybe a gear issue.

I’ve not been a fan of insanity for shadow priest. DKs are okish to me, but I only really play blood.
    I do like Elemental shaman, but their rotation is just so...stagnant. That’s the only way I can say it.

Overall, just so many classes are build spend. And that may be what is “off” for me overall.

Again, my feelings are subjective and speak only for me.

Leveling as a fire mage was some bullshit, as I got weaker each level, but drew every mob in the vicinity thanks to Ignite.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    at least not gcd after every spell, maybe after every 3. and depending on your class / spec lower or/and a scaling, passive

I "enjoy" them enough to play, but locks are huge downgrades from how fluent, fantasy fullfilling and powerful-feeling they were in mop.

With MoP Affliction, spreading dots was so easy, but excellence was rewarded with snapshotting and timing. When you got a trinket procc, full dots, haunt and drained an enemy, you *felt* his life ebb away. Today you have a clunky shadowbolt with no mastery interaction, so the tier 1 talents that affect it suck all expansion long, and too much damage is baked into darkglare cd instead of feeling like a sustained dmg king aff is meant to be. AoE is a single bottun spam plus a talent. MoP aff aoe was: Soulburn:Seed, Soulburn:Soulswap, soulswap the target before seed explodes and put all these dots including the seed on a new target, rinse repeat until it explodes too quick and then you have to hardcast seed again. Dynamic, interesting, funner.

Destruction today is alright, but chaos bolt hits too low outside of cds. Resource generation should be weakened but bolt dmg increased. Also, the MoP and WoD aoe systems were brilliant. Xelnath deserves a fucking medal for that. Picking either incinerate, immolate or conflagrate to turn into an aoe at cost of resources was an actual interesting choice.

Bfa Demonology is also alright, with several moments requiring snap decisions, especially in aoe and m+ (how many imps to implode? Wait for the perfect demonic commander setup or make an average one for huge burst aoe?), but...

MoP Demo i loved to bits. Its probably the most innovative specc made in WoW's history till this day. You had full control over a transformation mechanic which complicated and enhanced your rotation so much it'd be too long to write. Bfa demo is alright, but MoP demo was a masterpiece of original, fun specc design.

Edit: forgot to mention pvp
    In pvp most classes design suck real bad. You barely have any choice or decision making, its mostly "do rotation which is as simple as vs a raid bosss, use cds on kill target, use defensives to counter enemy cds".

Worse, several classes simply don't have a working design for pvp. Affliction can't spend soulshards vs double interrupt, it boggles the mind and needs to be played to be believed. They are reduced to spamming their instant cast dots. In MoP you could use shards to instantly enhance various utility spells, or instantly apply multiple dots in case you couldnt cast. Really, the current design boggles the mind. Demonology cds are too dependant on a long casting sequence and a static target and so barely do anything once a target hides or really does anything a player would.
    PvE is not great but not totally awfull. Pvp some classes are just dead design.
    Last edited by Amariw; 2019-12-19 at 08:46 AM.

I fear reworks because while in my gut I want new shiny, I fear them being made worse each iteration more.

Havoc, Survival, Frost DK, Outlaw, Holy/Shadow Priest, Holy Paladin, Fury, Arcane and Destruction I am playing atm and have fun with all of them. Some of them for instance Arcane could have used another spell that interacted with the rest of the spec like I felt was good in Legion and it would be nice if they revert the GCD changes. But as far as band aids go, essences are decent.

Waiting for Shadowlands with hope and scepticism. Blizz in a nutshell..

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Havoc, Survival, Frost DK, Outlaw, Holy/Shadow Priest, Holy Paladin, Fury, Arcane and Destruction I am playing atm and have fun with all of them. Some of them for instance Arcane could have used another spell that interacted with the rest of the spec like I felt was good in Legion and it would be nice if they revert the GCD changes. But as far as band aids go, essences are decent.

Waiting for Shadowlands with hope and scepticism. Blizz in a nutshell..
    Arcane annoys me - it was so fun in Legion, and now it's just not. No mobile Arcane Missiles, no ramping AoE damage. It's just bland.

As for Warlocks, I don't know Demo, but my guildmates seem to like it more than the Legion version. However, none of our Warlock players can stand the BfA Afflic - they've gone to Demo or Destro (what mine now is), or swapped classes. I loved the Legion Affliction, with the choice of builds, and the fliud way it played. BfA Afflic is shite. DoT specs should not be relying on a CD window to get their damage out, for one thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Arcane annoys me - it was so fun in Legion, and now it's just not. No mobile Arcane Missiles, no ramping AoE damage. It's just bland.

As for Warlocks, I don't know Demo, but my guildmates seem to like it more than the Legion version. However, none of our Warlock players can stand the BfA Afflic - they've gone to Demo or Destro (what mine now is), or swapped classes. I loved the Legion Affliction, with the choice of builds, and the fliud way it played. BfA Afflic is shite. DoT specs should not be relying on a CD window to get their damage out, for one thing.
    Yeah, Legion Arcane was awesome. Very nice artifact tree. I use the Artifact as transmog now with the staff in bag, so I get those awesome whispers now and then. Was excited when they made the conflict of strife essence the pvp-talent that you get 3 stacks of arcane missiles like Legion, but got disappointment when they changed to the shield. Like we needed another shield in PvE.

I like destruction in BfA, it's the first spec I have really enjoyed when it comes to Warlocks in BfA. Never liked affliction play style personally, not in BfA either. Demo is nice visually and thematically but it's destruction for me.

Playing a warrior ever since I pretty much started taking the game serious and to be fair the only thing latching on to me now is the fact that Fury is such a fun spec to play.

And the worst part is that for me since I play it as a main I wanted to have some alts but to be fair this spec set such a high "fun/enjoyment" standard that whenever I try to play something else it feels like I'm just playing another game.
    Last edited by Bromgar; 2019-12-25 at 05:34 PM.
    Warrior from time to time on www.twitch.tv/bromgarr

Yes. Yes i do, most of them. And the ones i dislike i've always disliked for whatever reason, nothing to do with BFA.

i Enjoy them

Hi,
    i only play healers, Pala,Monk, Druid

I really enjoy all 3 of em, because healing ist different with each of them.
    I only play M+, no raid, i enjoy them all.

Especially after trying out classic Pala and Druid, I am very pleased.
    (Pala skill in classic is flash, flash, flash.... boah so much spells and only one useful, maybe decurse, so two spells)

On the whole no.

There are some bearable classes but blizz has picked a hell of a time to decided to dial back on class changes each expansion.

no they took out the soul of each spec and replaced them with generic procs on azurerite gear and generic abilities on essences. Nothing cool and thematic.

And the worst part is that you can be sure if you like a spec in BFA, it'll be flipped on it's head come shadowlands, because all the things that make specs playable (azurite, essences, trinkets) will be replaced with some new and watered down system.
    Last edited by Kaykay; 2019-12-25 at 06:05 PM.