Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Considering this guy is at least a major contributor to reporting this issue to Blizzard, I don't see a problem in owing him credit where the credit is due.

He's likely not the sole reason Blizzard made these adjustments, but I think it's a tad ridiculous to lambaste him for pointing out his request was answered. Come on, guys.

Be happy for the change or be on your way. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Asphyx22 View Post
    Considering this guy is at least a major contributor to reporting this issue to Blizzard, I don't see a problem in owing him credit where the credit is due.

He's likely not the sole reason Blizzard made these adjustments, but I think it's a tad ridiculous to lambaste him for pointing out his request was answered. Come on, guys.

How do you figure he's a major contributer? He made a thread on mmochampion with Very little replies, and a video with like 2k views. Also, the thread is like 2 weeks old. To think that Blizzard hadnt noticed the issue until this random made a post about it is kinda dumb. And to think it was important enough to fix whitin weeks is dumber. "Animators! STOP what you're doing right now! This HAS to be fixed now! Its critical!"...
    The worgen model was broken for years. Literaly undreds of people complained. It was fixed when the time was right to fix it, because there were other things the animation team had to work on 1st.
    Last edited by kattarina; 2019-11-09 at 09:43 PM.

Haha, no one else posting about it doesn't really mean anything. Blizzard has probably known about this for who knows how long. Very likely just a coincidence that they fixed it now but you never know.

10+ Year Old Account

Yeah this is like that one poster who made it his mission to have the Zandalari trolls made taller, and he got to have his own thread without being shit on. OP was pretty dedicated to getting this issue fixed, let him enjoy that something he cared about and put effort into having changed actually got changed, whether it was solely because of his efforts or not.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Is the bow shoot animation fixed? If not I'm still not race changing back.

Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    I made the video. I created posts about it. I sent it to them. No one else has a video on this. No one else made any posts about this. The fact that it was changed now and not in 8.1.5 or 8.2 or 8.2.5 but AFTER I made the video, posts, and sent them it lead me to believe yes it is in fact thanks to me. Good day, sir.
    If you were the only one who mentioned it, it would not have gotten on a list of things to fix. Companies, especially large ones, do not invest time (read: money) into things one random person sees as a problem. Either many other people complained or, more likely, one of the animators knew about it, didn't like it themselves, and snuck in a fix. That happens a TON in development. A dev (of any kind) has a deadline, gets the job done on the due date but isn't 100% happy, and they drop in a fix later when they have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    Yeah this is like that one poster who made it his mission to have the Zandalari trolls made taller, and he got to have his own thread without being shit on. OP was pretty dedicated to getting this issue fixed, let him enjoy that something he cared about and put effort into having changed actually got changed, whether it was solely because of his efforts or not.
    He's taking credit for something he had 0 to do with. He made a thread on MMOchamp (not blizzard forums, mind you) a few weeks ago. The thread itself had fewer replys than this one. To think blizzard noticed it AND took the time to adress this minor issue almost immediately is a little silly. They don't even fix major balance issues this fast most of the time.

I suspect it is less about pointing out the issue is fixed and far more the "look at me!" that came with it. I'm not saying its right or wrong to "lambaste" him over this, but I suspect *that* is the reason people were doing it. Maybe the responses are petty, maybe they're jaded, or maybe they're trying to inform someone of how the real world works - regardless, self-congratulation is generally frowned upon.

Did anyone give this guy his award yet? He clearly deserves it..

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Unfortunately this thread seems to have devolved into criticizing the OP as opposed to discussing the issue constructively. Closing this.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead