Page 1 of 26
... LastLast

Thumbs up Customization - Wildhammer, Boneless bonebois, and more!

https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...xt-Panel-Recap

With allied races being so prevalent this expansion, I had been thinking "boy, I hope once they feel tapped out on that the smaller changes can be added to existing races!" Lo and behold!

Glorious tats/warpaints!

Boneless bonebois! They're so goth I love them.

Wildhammer Dwarf tats! (called it!)

Humans that look....human! Is it weird to say this'll take some getting used to?

But I am all on board for this feature. What other ones can you think of? Wild night elves with leaves in their hair and crazy Malfurion beards? Slanty eyed nightborne finally? Or maybe some blue eyed blood elves? I hear those are all the rage these days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Great changes that people have been clamoring 10+ years for, and should have been added atleast 5+ years ago.

Better late than never, I guess.

Did they mention whether an upright stance is possible for Forsaken ?
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

https://www.wowhead.com/news=295979/...in-shadowlands

Draenei get long tails, more hair, and finally have jewelry options.

Upright worgen, worgen with tails, tauren horn charms , scars.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Did they mention whether an upright stance is possible for Forsaken ?
    Didn't mention it but they might in tomorrow's deep dive or q and a

Are the purple trolls suppose to be Dark Trolls? Because they certainly look like it.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

Boneless bonebois! They're so goth I love them.
    You know what, next thing Ion gonna say that boneless undeads costed them whole raid tier.
    And by holy grail its not even sarcasm.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Seems like you can now be a sand troll. Also a shadow troll that looks very night elfy.

- - - Updated - - -

I willing to bet the elven customisations will be quite the converesation stirrer.

Expect blue eyes for blood elves off course.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see these being added in and looking forward to see what they do with Blood Elves and potentially Void Elves. They mentioned before they would attempt to do something to satisfy the High Elf community so I'm expecting Void Elves to get some High Elven colourings and Blood Elves to get fel/green tattoos similar to their art from TBC.

Undead look really cool, new hairstyles, the LoD looks much better and they look more interesting. Dwarves they've satisfied the Wildhammer Allied Race call and we can see different Troll tribes through skins and tattoos. Draenei have mentioned tail lengths as well as more hair and jewellery.

I'm curious on the Night Elf front and I'm not sure where they would go with Worgen. Orcs would be tattoos as we have clans unless we go Fel Orc or the likes. I couldn't care less for Gnomes/Tauren.

I kind of hope they add a little more to Allied Races as well. More options for Kul Tiran for sure, more hairstyles for Mag'har and such. I've already said Void Elves could do with more hairstyles, tattoos and the possible High Elves options as they have previously mentioned.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Seems like you can now be a sand troll. Also a shadow troll that looks very night elfy.

- - - Updated - - -

I willing to bet the elven customisations will be quite the converesation stirrer.

Expect blue eyes for blood elves off course.
    Blue eyes for the blood elves is what Ion promised a long time ago!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Blue eyes for the blood elves is what Ion promised a long time ago!
    Supposedly every race is supposed to have unlocked eye color which has massive implications. It is a bit jarring though since the human options look higher quality than the old one we currently have. The art of warcraft panel has never been this exciting since the WoD announcement when they brought updated models. Hopefully they do the same thing and gradually release little snippits of what we can do like they did leading up to WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy
    People just want to be bullies without facing any sort of consequences or social fallout for being a bully. If you declare X as a racist/sexist/homophobic/etc. person you can say or do whatever you want to them, ignoring the fact that they are a human.

10+ Year Old Account
    More upright options. Undead would look amazing with this and the skin features.

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    Glad to see these being added in and looking forward to see what they do with Blood Elves and potentially Void Elves. They mentioned before they would attempt to do something to satisfy the High Elf community so I'm expecting Void Elves to get some High Elven colourings and Blood Elves to get fel/green tattoos similar to their art from TBC.

Undead look really cool, new hairstyles, the LoD looks much better and they look more interesting. Dwarves they've satisfied the Wildhammer Allied Race call and we can see different Troll tribes through skins and tattoos. Draenei have mentioned tail lengths as well as more hair and jewellery.

I'm curious on the Night Elf front and I'm not sure where they would go with Worgen. Orcs would be tattoos as we have clans unless we go Fel Orc or the likes. I couldn't care less for Gnomes/Tauren.

I kind of hope they add a little more to Allied Races as well. More options for Kul Tiran for sure, more hairstyles for Mag'har and such. I've already said Void Elves could do with more hairstyles, tattoos and the possible High Elves options as they have previously mentioned.
    only original race have new customization

That Elvira and Danzig hair styles for the Forsaken are just perfect. Interesting that we're getting Sandfury customization brought to the Trolls, perhaps the Zandalari help unite the tribes.

I hope the Allied Races get some of that loving too though. I think the Nightborne especially would benefit with a couple more faces and whatnot.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    only original race have new customization
    I saw the VOD just now, but I still think it's possible.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

5+ Year Old Account
    Leper gnomes

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Are the purple trolls suppose to be Dark Trolls? Because they certainly look like it.
    I'm honestly curious how some of these new customization options will be explained, if at all, in light of Allied Races also being a thing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Still can't be an attack helicopter

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm honestly curious how some of these new customization options will be explained, if at all, in light of Allied Races also being a thing.
    I don't see a single one that needs an "explanation" shown there.

But do remember there is a "new starting experience", which presumably applies to all characters, and may be less specific than the old starting experiences. As such you may just start as a member of the Alliance rather than say, specifically a Dwarf in the Dwarf starting zone, or a Gnome in Gnomeregan or whatever (I suspect there will still be an option to start "the old way" too). So if you think Wildhammer Dwarf, say, "needs an explanation", you can just make one up and the "new starting experience" won't ruin your RP in the way you might argue starting as in the normal Dwarf starting zone would. Likewise Desert Trolls and so on.

Presumably the difference with Allied Races is that they are different enough to warrant different abilities.

Wildhammer tats and deboned Undead were always the top of my list for customization, since, like, Vanilla, and we have those coming now, so anything else is just a bonus for me. New faces and skin-tones should be great. How about they finally fix the male NE eyebrow/beard situation too? Surely they can't let that continue?

Hopefully they'll get to some Allied Races with this stuff eventually too, because some of them (especially the Nightborne) could do with a bit of help.

I wish there was some lore explanation for the asian and african looking humans. It always irks me when there is no explanation for those when they seem to pop up in completely european societies. Unless genetics work differently in wow and humans just have a random chance to look asian, african or european. Having some separate pocket societies for different humans would be cool.
    I mean, they have no problem coming up with interesting lore for different troll or orc clans but cant do that for humans?

- - - Updated - - -

Wait, will they be giving high elf customization to void elf or blood elf?