Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with legality.
    Legality is the wrong word for it, but there would absolutely be a scandal if 2 BFA races associated with BFA reps needed Shadowlands to be unlocked.

Just because the Legion ARs needed preorder doesn't mean two BFA races would get locked behind a paywall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eosia View Post
    High Elves have been a Horde playable race since 2007. Sorry 'bout it!
    Well its not like devs said this during 3 dam interview and its crazy when you think about, like when they did the mistake to say blood torll will be an alied race Ion said it was mistake once and end of the story but with high elves ppl keep being annoying about it even if blizz keep saying its no if only those ppl would be as faiithfull about real deals like titanforging being bad they would at least be usefull =p

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    No more allied races until very late 9.x.

Why I know? If 8.3.5 would contain allied races they would sell them as a pre-order bonus for Shadowlands instead of giving them away for free.
    Why you DONT know you mean mate? Considering dk thingie is shadowlands pre oreder bonus for 8.3 it mean 8.3.5 wouldnt have the bonus then you get me? And allied races were implemented in bfa and no its not stupid to put an AR that asked you to grind a rep from previous patch as conclusion of the expac actually...i dont know in what way you are right but more clueless =p or just trying to be salty/edgy

Quote Originally Posted by Zalendra View Post
    Well its not like devs said this during 3 dam interview and its crazy when you think about, like when they did the mistake to say blood torll will be an alied race Ion said it was mistake once and end of the story but with high elves ppl keep being annoying about it even if blizz keep saying its no if only those ppl would be as faiithfull about real deals like titanforging being bad they would at least be usefull =p

Why you DONT know you mean mate? Considering dk thingie is shadowlands pre oreder bonus for 8.3 it mean 8.3.5 wouldnt have the bonus then you get me? And allied races were implemented in bfa and no its not stupid to put an AR that asked you to grind a rep from previous patch as conclusion of the expac actually...i dont know in what way you are right but more clueless =p or just trying to be salty/edgy
    yeah, how dare people point out that the devs are flat out wrong, with ingame elements as backing ?

Seriously, get over it. High Elves are Alliance only. Blood Elves are the Horde's original elves. That's not difficult to get...
    Last edited by Manariel; 2019-11-09 at 07:21 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iruru View Post
    No thanks, I like the regular ogre animations, don't you dare.
    Oh I did too. I just know Blizzard likely wouldn’t use an NPC skeleton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manariel View Post
    yeah, how dare people point out that the devs are flat out wrong, with ingame elements as backing ?

Seriously, get over it. High Elves are Alliance only. Blood Elves are the Horde's original elves. That's not difficult to get...
    Well then, you are fast when it come to look but go on and tell me what differences in the racials you will have bewteen blood elf and an hight elf? both do clearly the same : absorb mana

Potential HE racials from the top of my head :

Ascetism - reduce the cost of mana of all spells of X%

Devotion - allow you to shake a control effect every X min

Hardened in Exile - grant X points in Skinning and Leatherworking

Last of their kind - X bonus points for all ranged attacks

They are not perfect nor balanced, but they'd fit most of the High Elves as they exists in the game.

Ascetism and Hardened in Exile would be more specifically for the High Vale/Quel'danil portion of the playable HE, even if the Silver Covenant has demonstated ability to survive both in Suramar and the Isle of Thunder, and there is also the survivors of the Allerian expedition, who survived for twenty years in Ouland, so I think it'd fit, Devotion and Last of their Kind are tied to their devotion to the Alliance and the fact that, yes, they aren't that numerous anymore.
    Last edited by Manariel; 2019-11-09 at 11:00 PM.

Well then, you are fast when it come to look but go on and tell me what differences in the racials you will have bewteen blood elf and an hight elf? both do clearly the same : absorb mana
    We'll see the difference when they make them as a playable race.

''absorb mana''... everyone can do that in wow.

7+ Year Old Account
    Naga and Satyr
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter View Post
    I really hope they do continue it. It gives players like me who aren’t good at mythics stuff to do.
    Unlock an allied race, level allied race for heritage armor rinse and repeat.
    Very satisfied with the allied race system
    iktf, i kinda like doing most of the content, but leveling has always been my favorite along with collecting appearances

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    We'll see the difference when they make them as a playable race.

''absorb mana''... everyone can do that in wow.
    Well the feels in the belf racial is that they absorb mana around and convert it into ressources for them, its how they got from high elves with blue eyes that had mana from sunwell and around them from blood elves with green eyes when they started asborbing fel energies

So yes this racial is bascially high elv racial since they used it before evne being belf (even if belf isj ust a name btw)

But sure everyone can abosrb mana in wow but i miss spoke about it its not just abaosrbing mana its litherally turning any energy into mana (or ressources if you dont play a mana class)
    Last edited by Ameonna; 2019-11-10 at 01:48 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garretdejiko View Post
    iktf, i kinda like doing most of the content, but leveling has always been my favorite along with collecting appearances
    Same! I have always loved leveling and taking a different route with each one. I have so many max characters though, oof. Oh, well. I am looking forward to lvling that mechagnome and hopefully they will give us one last Bfa pair.
    Last edited by Shuya1; 2019-11-10 at 05:25 AM.
    Frostborn as a future playable race plz!

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Oh I did too. I just know Blizzard likely wouldn’t use an NPC skeleton.
    Moonkin form uses the current NPC Ogre skeleton/animations.

Well the feels in the belf racial is that they absorb mana around and convert it into ressources for them, its how they got from high elves with blue eyes that had mana from sunwell and around them from blood elves with green eyes when they started asborbing fel energies

So yes this racial is bascially high elv racial since they used it before evne being belf (even if belf isj ust a name btw)

But sure everyone can abosrb mana in wow but i miss spoke about it its not just abaosrbing mana its litherally turning any energy into mana (or ressources if you dont play a mana class)
    then, Night elves also have that racial and also the nigthborn and orcs, etc...

Off the topic of elves, if any (I severely doubt it) more Allied races are planned for 8.3.5 my guess as to what Blizzard would do is; Light-Risen undead (human model) for alliance, Mok’Nathal for the Horde.
    What feels better would be Ankoan for Alliance and Rajani for Horde.
    What I selfishly want, anything prior be damned, Sethrak for Alliance and anything except Mok’nathal would make me happy for the Horde.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignaz View Post
    then, Night elves also have that racial and also the nigthborn and orcs, etc...
    The hell where the hell you saw thoses races absorb energies from creatures to make it mana without using fel magic? And you can argue that well everyone aborbs mana but no high elves actually force the process and incrase his value you are really making a strange point here

Quote Originally Posted by Directionalk9 View Post
    Off the topic of elves, if any (I severely doubt it) more Allied races are planned for 8.3.5 my guess as to what Blizzard would do is; Light-Risen undead (human model) for alliance, Mok’Nathal for the Horde.
    What feels better would be Ankoan for Alliance and Rajani for Horde.
    What I selfishly want, anything prior be damned, Sethrak for Alliance and anything except Mok’nathal would make me happy for the Horde.
    I highly doubt lightforged undead will be a thing even for the forseken i see more as a custimization than an actual allied race but even so i just feel like the Calia Menethil case is just unique case, for Mok'nathal well might be possible just have to mae female thought =p

But really mate, have you doen the horde leveling? Because thinking sethrak would be alliance is just impossible

On the topic of Lightforged Undead, I mean..

At this point, I don't see how they could make them in a way that they wouldn't just be a customization option? At this point, new hairstyles and even bodies without bones sticking out are an unveiled character customization option for regular Forsaken in Shadowlands. And they already have pale skins and glowing yellow eyes. What more could you do if you wanted to make Lightforged Undead an allied race? Give them tattoos?

And sure, you could make them reskinned, paler humans with glowing yellow eyes, but at that point, they're no longer using the Forsaken skeleton, which kind of kills the whole purpose of pushing Lightforged Undead because they would be a "Forsaken allied race." to go with a "Worgen allied race."

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    On the topic of Lightforged Undead, I mean..

At this point, I don't see how they could make them in a way that they wouldn't just be a customization option? At this point, new hairstyles and even bodies without bones sticking out are an unveiled character customization option for regular Forsaken in Shadowlands. And they already have pale skins and glowing yellow eyes. What more could you do if you wanted to make Lightforged Undead an allied race? Give them tattoos?

And sure, you could make them reskinned, paler humans with glowing yellow eyes, but at that point, they're no longer using the Forsaken skeleton, which kind of kills the whole purpose of pushing Lightforged Undead because they would be a "Forsaken allied race." to go with a "Worgen allied race."
    They might be a thing just so they have a way to introduce the lore needed for new forsaken to be created since Sylvanas is out of the picture(no more plague or val'kyr to make new ones) I don't disagree with the fact that sparkly tattoos or lack of bones doesn't justify a new race but we more or less have that with lightforged/highmountain etc.. I think it will happen just to give the horde a more "light" based race.

The hell where the hell you saw thoses races absorb energies from creatures to make it mana without using fel magic? And you can argue that well everyone aborbs mana but no high elves actually force the process and incrase his value you are really making a strange point here

I highly doubt lightforged undead will be a thing even for the forseken i see more as a custimization than an actual allied race but even so i just feel like the Calia Menethil case is just unique case, for Mok'nathal well might be possible just have to mae female thought =p

But really mate, have you doen the horde leveling? Because thinking sethrak would be alliance is just impossible
    Did you even read what I wrote? I said “anything prior be damned” about Sethrak. I’m well aware of the lore, and agree, however, I just don’t care when it comes down to what I’d like.
    As for light-undead, I don’t want it and think it’s a shit idea too, but there’s almost no potential Allied Race ideas left now that almost all of what could be will likely be more customization.

All things aside, I just don’t think more Allied Races are coming at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea they'll definitely add more races. I'm perfectly fine with them adding 100+ more races to each faction (obvious exaggeration). Races don't impede the game the way additional classes do, especially when it comes to balancing and retaining class identity. Besides, it's a good way for blizzard to rack in more money from people who are willing to spend however much it costs to race change.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Moonkin form uses the current NPC Ogre skeleton/animations.
    Yeah and it doesn't use gear or have animations for special attacks. These are the reasons they've said in the past for why they don't simply give us races with NPC model/skeletons when people have asked.