Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Impossible because of a few reasons.

The Maw is under the Jailer's jurisdiction. No prisoner has ever escaped. If Garrosh is in the Maw already than he should abandon all hope and just accept the fact that he'll be forever trapped there. Maybe his ambition might overcome the impossible but I highly doubt it. Keep in mind the only reason Sylvanas can actually go into the Maw and meet the Jailer then come back out is because she isn't a prisoner there. She's a employee or a business partner to the Jailer. That is the only reason she's allowed to freely come and go within the Maw.

But any prisoner no matter how powerful cannot escape the Maw ever. The official site states if these prisoners escape then all of reality will be destroyed. If these hardcore serial universe killers can't even hope to escape then there's no way a mere powerful orc like Garrosh or anyone weaker could. Now I understand Garrosh can ask Sylvanas to bail him out of jail instead of forcefully escaping but there's still the problem of would Sylvanas have any use for him. What could he do for Sylvanas at this stage?

Sylvanas will have no use for him and even if she did, would her business partner, the richer and more powerful of the two which is the Jailer even allow it? The Jailer is gonna need something big in return. But maybe just maybe it could still work if the Jailer somehow sees Garrosh having a high potential to become another agent for Garrosh himself might not be ok with it. The Jailer and Sylvanas is most likely planning to unmake the universe in their vision and Garrosh might not be okay with this unless they promise him the orcs will have a place to stay in the new universe. But now the question is would Sylvanas and the Jailer even be willing to let the orcs live once they recreate all of reality.

But there could be yet another option for Garrosh and that is to convince the player to release him. Nobody has ever escaped but if there was someone that could escape then it'll be the player's heroes. So Garrosh can pull a fast one with the player and then later he could betray the player and finish the job by murdering Anduin. But then what happens if he gets killed again. I'm sure the Arbiter will be very angry with him and would give him a bigger punishment once his soul goes to her again.
    Last edited by LarryWithTheWeatherReport; 2019-11-08 at 03:07 AM.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    See that’s the back and forth I’m hearing about Garrosh’s fate a lot from other forums. That he’s in with the Old Gods now and as irredeemable as Deathwing because of their influence; and on the flip side that he’s irredeemable because he acted of his own accord. But there’s a clear Lawful vs Chaotic Evil distinction of intent here I think, as destruction was a means to an end for him — not his highest virtue, or his desired end itself.

That’s a great point about the Arbiter hopefully taking free will into account, but however she judges Garrosh I hope she sees every decision he made as purely his own.
    The fact that the decision what his own, and the end-results we literally see of that decision in multiple contexts, is what in my eyes makes Garrosh so much worse than Kael'thas or even Deathwing. Deathwing was corrupted, unhinged by an evil force greater than himself, and reduced to a tool to serve its end. For all his evil and malevolence he had very little agency in his own ultimate fate. Kael'thas has more, in all likelihood, but he too was a catspaw for the Legion - corrupted and driven insane by both his arcane hunger and the influence of the Fel, before finally being raised as an emaciated wreck of an Elf with a giant Fel crystal sticking out of his chest. Garroth on the other hand willingly and willfully embraced power for its own sake, driven by dreams of vainglory and vaulting ambition to the point that he took in the power of Y'Shaarj's Heart and became its master. He wasn't corrupted by the Old Gods or driven insane - he chose them, abandoning every principle he claimed to cherish as an Orc and embracing the darkness of the Void as means to an end.

In the Miltonian sense Garrosh is as evil as they come - cloaking his misdeeds as glory, knowing full well what he's doing without caring (so much so that he outright compares himself to Arthas as the Lich King). Some aspect of Kael'thas might be redeemable, hence his lot in Revendreth - but prospects are bleak for a figure like Garrosh, who had multiple chances to turn aside in life and pursued his goals to the point that he tried to corrupt an entire alternate continuity just to satisfy his need for a vengeance that at that point was pointless.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Garrosh died in AU, so why would he be in our universes maw?

Besides wouldn't Draenor have it's own Shadowlands?
    the shadowlands transcends all realities and is infinite, its like the twisting nether for demons- but for mortals

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    There's only one person in the world Garrosh hates more than he hated Varian: Sylvanas Windrunner.
    Based on what? Cus he called her a Bitch one time?

I mean, I would love the idea of Garrosh and Sylvanas going at it - it's like watching two badly-designed Sports mascots fighting IMO. :P Just saying I'm not sure how or why he would care to focus on Sylvanas, and not Thrall who actually killed him - or Alliiance because ALLIANCE DAWGS RAAAAARRR!"

I don't think Jaina will allow Garrosh to disrespect her like that lol. He'll be really lucky if she didn't just freeze and break his entire body apart right there and then.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Garrosh died in AU, so why would he be in our universes maw?

Besides wouldn't Draenor have it's own Shadowlands?
    He would be in our universe Maw because the AU Draenor is in the realm of reality. It didn't create a completely separate cosmology, just another strand of reality, which is all part of the same realm. This is why there are only one 'copy' of demons, because there is only one Nether. You would have to create an alternate Nether, or an alternate Shadowlands, or an alternate Elemental Plane to have copies of beings tethered to those respective realms.

Jaina: "You killed my husband. You destroyed my king."
    Garrosh: "And all that I did for the Horde."
    Jaina: "... and I do things for the Alliance."
    Garrosh: "We're not that different, witch."
    Jaina: "You're... you're right, Garrosh. I need time to think.".
    Fanfic Garrosh sure is a silver-tongued wordsmith.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    I am very confused by all of the conceits in this fanfic.
    listen here ill clear it up in a sec! okay!

JAINA HAS A HUSBAND

oh and apparently Garrosh did nothing wrong.

that about sums all of this up.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    at that point in the timeline, she didn't deserve the Maw, either.
    Oh yes she did, she very much did... She's been a psychopath since vanilla.

Also, the machinery of death was not broken at that time, as Uther entered the shadowlands after the Lich King's death as well, and he ended up in Bastion, not the Maw.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2019-11-08 at 03:43 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    the shadowlands transcends all realities and is infinite, its like the twisting nether for demons- but for mortals
    i do have to wonder how the universe corrects for extra timelines that don't dissipate.

maybe the anima of those souls rejoin the "true" soul of the one it was a copy of. or it is simply broken down into raw anima upon death, never existing as a sentient entity beyond its incorrect existence.

this is a question that arose in wod with demons, as well. "what happens to someone that becomes a demon in an AU when they already became a demon in the real universe", like socrethar. do they meld with the original demon, or are there now two demons? the nether transcends reality, and has access to alternate realities, so there should only be one version of a demon existing at any one time.

Given that Kael sold out existence itself to the Legion for a quick fix and still ended up going to the more redeemable afterlife, Garrosh, who did nothing wrong and who at most would have only destroyed one world accidentally instead of all worlds on purpose, is not gonna end up in the Maw. Then again, this is the Arbiter/WoW-verse morality we're talking about where apparently pre-Cataclysm Sylvanas is also morally worse than Kael, which is so worthy of parody it beggars belief.

As for whether he should appear - I'm divided. On one hand, he'd be a better fit for the Social Darwinist faction than Draka. On the other, I can't help but think he'll end up becoming Sadfang-lite when put through the patented Blizzard Entertainment(TM) redemption program.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2019-11-08 at 06:14 AM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I’d just be happy if he killed thrall If nothing else that would make shadowlands a banger for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Just wait for "there is only one jailer across all realities" like whay they did with the legion because they were rightfully scared about opening up the possibility of there being infinite number of burning legions and Sargeras.
    Funny how that scared them, but not the horrendous writing that has taken place since.

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    Pretty sure no one has said that so far, as far as I know (they only said that it isn't limited to just Azeroth and may encompass the entire World of Warcraft). It's true that it's similar to Twisting Nether in the line that it's also another realm of existence and it's infinite, but that's about it. Whether all realms of existence transcends all realities aren't confirmed - at the very least, we know one of them doesn't. Even if it does transcend realities, I wouldn't be surprised if there are many different areas and layers to it (edit: oh, Blizzard said this before as well, I missed that) than just the zones we are going to visit in the coming expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Just wait for "there is only one jailer across all realities" like whay they did with the legion because they were rightfully scared about opening up the possibility of there being infinite number of burning legions and Sargeras.
    I believe it's much easier for them to just explain that our souls are bound to our respective universes' areas when we are dead, unless you have bonded with another universe long enough to be recognized as its denizens by the cosmic forces (mainly to explain about the AU Mag'har moving over to MU) or some unnatural factor pulled your soul into another Shadowlands. Would leave the door open for, well, pretty much anything goes rather than having to put themselves in a corner with a very narrow path of explanation like last time with Twisting Nether.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2019-11-08 at 07:27 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Thanks for your support! But wasn't Rhonin Jaina's husband?

Anyway, Garrosh is in the Maw. He killed orcs, humans and even peaceful tauren children.

But he WILL be redeemed.

Anyway, Garrosh is in the Maw. He killed orcs, humans and even peaceful tauren children.

But he WILL be redeemed.
    I hope he wouldn't. With what he did, I doubt people - including Anduin - would be willing to forgive him. He had a chance if WoD didn't happen, but then it did, and he waged war to kill both the Alliance and the Horde. It'd be hard to claim "Well, I was trying to kill the Horde for the Horde". At least Illidan had the excuse that we were the one to invade his realm first, while Garrosh opened a portal to come back to invade Azeroth.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2019-11-08 at 07:13 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

But he WILL be redeemed.
    You have no support though. And Rhonin is Vereesa's husband.

Quote Originally Posted by Laubman View Post
    Please. There is only one person in the shadowlands who can help us defeat Sylvanas and the Jailor.

Mankrik's wife.
    They actually hinted at her being in Shadowlands in one of the interviews. So who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    If anyone is gonna save us all, it will clearly be Garithos.
    He'll save the world with the power of human potential, and non-human racism.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

No, thanks, Garrosh's idiotic character still grates me to this day.

Also, we'll fight Sylvanas, get her to 1% hp or less, and then she'll pull an Evo Moment #37 on us. And it'll be madness, unadulterated madness.