Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No, thanks, Garrosh's idiotic character still grates me to this day.

Also, we'll fight Sylvanas, get her to 1% hp or less, and then she'll pull an Evo Moment #37 on us. And it'll be madness, unadulterated madness.

We dont even know Sylvanas end-game yet, I think its pretty early to assume her intents are just pure evil.

But Im sure we get to see some old characters like Garrosh there yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I feel like Blizzard would put Garrosh in Revendreth. If anyone's in the Maw and going to fight Sylvanas it's Arthas.
    I doubt Arthas would be in the Maw. The circumstances surrounding him should be crystal clear, BUT:

Arthas lost his soul when he picked up Frostmourne. From that point thereafter, until Frostmourne was shattered, it was trapped alongside Terenas, and every other being kill by a soulless Arthas. Arthas was guilty of slaughtering innocent infected in Stratholme, and his actions in Northrend before picking up Frostmourne were pretty bad, but one might think to seperate the actions of a soulless Arthas from his previous self.

Unless this observation has no merit in the Wowverse.

Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Man, there's so much wrong in there that I can't even.

Quote Originally Posted by Camelboy View Post
    Sylvanas cannot be stopped on Azeroth because nobody is strong enough. But we're going to the Maw where all the evil souls slumber. Garrosh will be there.
    And? Who fucking cares? No one's strong enough to beat Sylvanas but somehow the soul of a big angry orc with maybe an axe in hand should do the trick?

We will meet him, greet him and he will agree to help us
    Literally what and why for both cases.

There's only one person in the world Garrosh hates more than he hated Varian: Sylvanas Windrunner.
    Nothing ever implied Garrosh intensely hated Sylvanas as rather distrusting and disliking her, even fearing her to some extent. Varian filled Garrosh with way more hatred and rage than Sylvanas ever had.

We tell Garrosh that Sylvanas rules the Horde and wants to kill everyone to fuel the Jailor
    So we tell Garrosh something that isn't true because? Did you miss the whole Mak'gora thing with Saurfang?

Garrosh will not stand for it.
    Touching. Guess it was that intense love for the Horde that led him to manipulate an entire horde of orcs coming from another universe to annihilate us all.

He will take his Gorehowl and attack Sylvanas from behind when she's not expecting it. Sylvanas thinks Garrosh is dead, but she doesn't know that Garrosh is actually in the Maw. And so is Sylvanas. It will be her last mistake.
    I know Sylvanas occasionally proved to be have a very low IQ due to plot contriviances but this seems too retarded even for her.

Jaina: "You killed my husband. You destroyed my king."
    Literally what and what.

Garrosh: "And all that I did for the Horde."
    Jaina: "... and I do things for the Alliance."
    Garrosh: "We're not that different, witch."
    Jaina: "You're... you're right, Garrosh. I need time to think."
    Great writing you have there. Besides the comical attempt to compare Garrosh's actions to Jaina's (which the first were surely less "for the Horde" than Jaina's were "for the Alliance") it's pretty hilarious to see Jaina agreeing with Garrosh right after Garrosh literally insulted her. That's genuinely funny, I'm being honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    They actually hinted at her being in Shadowlands in one of the interviews. So who knows.
    Yay, more nostalgia-driven borderline memes heavily referenced in the newest content for some laughs and that priceless "ooooh, this is it!" esclamation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Unstoppable Force
    I hope we find him in the Maw strung up and being tortured and then we just slowly back out of the room and close the door leaving him there to suffer until the end of time.

Originally Posted by zlygork
    If anyone is gonna save us all, it will clearly be Garithos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    The hero we need, but not the hero we deserve.
    THIS, made my night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Garrosh died in AU, so why would he be in our universes maw?

Besides wouldn't Draenor have it's own Shadowlands?
    "Everything's connected in the Shadowlands" - Some bigfish at Blizzard circa 2020/21, probably.

The only allies we need in the maw is Ronin, and Arthas. But just imagine if we see a sane Neltharion and a Ysera there too? Thatd be a fun experience.

Garrosh was bad, but if Kaelthas isn't in the maw I have a hard time seeing Garrosh there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yay, more nostalgia-driven borderline memes heavily referenced in the newest content for some laughs and that priceless "ooooh, this is it!" esclamation.
    I mean, there's that. But on the other hand Mankik's wife died years prior to unification so there's a potential for a Horde character that isn't an Alliance sycophant there, which is refreshing.

This sounds like really awful fanfiction. Sorry.

In sylvanas' mind Garrosh is beneath her, weak, he was just a brute with an army.
    She has no reason to ally herself with him, but she may just use him to slow the horde and hurt the alliance

Now that I think about it, I guess Garrosh really could be a good tool for Sylvanas to use.

Sylvanas can supply him with a constant shipment of azerite. As for a army, I'm sure there are still many True Horde/Iron Horde Loyalist on Azerotn especially the Iron Horde. With azerite in Garrosh's hands now, his new and improved True Iron Horde using azerite would be many times more powerful than both his pass True Horde and Iron Horde.

But he still won't be able to do much to her even if he betrays her by axing her in the back. Her perception is extremely high so she'll most likely sense his attack. And even if he lands the hit and kills her like Godfrey. The Jailer will bring her back as she no longer needs to worry about dying to some backstabber.
    Updated Power Level - Jailer >> Arbiter>> Sargeras >> Sylvanas >> Locust Walker >> Reality Ending Level Prisoners within the Maw>> Covenant Leaders >> Lich King Bolvar >> Argus >> Galakrond >> Azshara >> N'zoth >> Lich King Arthas >> Odyn >>Helya >> Wrathion >> Jaina >> Kil'jaeden >> Archimonde >> Illidan>> Deathwing >> Lei Shen >> Mannaroth

Quote Originally Posted by Stellaluna View Post
    Unless this observation has no merit in the Wowverse.
    Not according to the LK fall cinematic, where he apparently popped back in his body and only saw darkness and so on. You're putting more thought into than Metzen and his merry men, certainly way more than the current fanfic crew can be bothered with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    I'll buy an Anduin shirt if Delaryn doesn't end up betraying Sylvanas by the end of the expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    I mean, there's that. But on the other hand Mankik's wife died years prior to unification so there's a potential for a Horde character that isn't an Alliance sycophant there, which is refreshing.
    "Yes, it's a thin line I walk, one where I can fall into a meme pit or fly over a sky of not-so-embarassing characters". -Mankrik's wife-
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I hope we find him in the Maw strung up and being tortured and then we just slowly back out of the room and close the door leaving him there to suffer until the end of time.
    *cutscene after we kill the Jailer*
    Garrosh, chained up above the Jailer's Throne: SYLVANAS!
    Sylvanas: :O Garrosh!
    Garrosh: The world of the living can no longer comfort me...the weight of such a burden must be mine. Place the crown upon my head Sylvanas. Forever more, I shall be the jailer of the damned.
    Sylvanas: hmmmmm, nawwww. REEEEEE!!!! * rips crown in half *

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    This sounds like really awful fanfiction. Sorry.
    It felt like the next line was going to be Jaina and Garrosh making out, that's how bad it was. Some days I'm glad the people here don't write for Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    So this is how far the Lore forum has fallen? Eesh.
    I take it back, BfA is not the lowest the games lore could have gone, this thread proves that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And just like the thread before it, let's back away from sexualizing Azshara and return to the original topic at hand.

Sylvanas cannot be stopped on Azeroth because nobody is strong enough. But we're going to the Maw where all the evil souls slumber. Garrosh will be there. Mark my words. We will meet him, greet him and he will agree to help us.

There's only one person in the world Garrosh hates more than he hated Varian: Sylvanas Windrunner.

We tell Garrosh that Sylvanas rules the Horde and wants to kill everyone to fuel the Jailor. Garrosh will not stand for it. He will take his Gorehowl and attack Sylvanas from behind when she's not expecting it. Sylvanas thinks Garrosh is dead, but she doesn't know that Garrosh is actually in the Maw. And so is Sylvanas. It will be her last mistake.

OR maybe Garrosh could approach Sylvanas and offer to help her.

Sylvanas: "Garrosh, what are you doing here?"
    Garrosh: "I'm dead and I heard you're visiting the Shadowlands. Is that true?"
    Sylvanas: "It is true, my dear orc."
    Garrosh: "Good. I want to help you destroy the Alliance. Anduin will suffer."
    Sylvanas: "We have a deal, Warchief"

But then Garrosh will betray Sylvanas and beat her in her own game: manipulation.

Kyrians are eternally grateful and will grant Garrosh a new life. A better life.

Jaina won't accept it, I think. But others will.

Eventually she will accept Garrosh as a full fledged member of the Horde.
    I think this leak confirms that Garrosh will be the main PC in the single player sequel to WoW. Can't wait!

Pit Lord
    I mean didn't they say that while each planet had a Shadowlands that they were all fairly separate? considering he died on Draenor in an alternate universe would be impressive for him to suddenly show up. Grom Hellscream on the other hand is definitely somewhere there.....

Oh please no. They will turn Garrosh into another sad orc if he comes back, if they try to "redeem" him. Ironically, Garrosh as leader of the Orcs under Warchief Sylvanas in BfA would probably have been a major supporter of her and the war against the Alliance. Why Garrosh would hate Sylvanas more than anyone i don't understand. I think there are plenty of people he hates more. Probably Thrall and also characters like Gul'Dan and the demons behind him, who were also partially responsible for corrupting his race.

Aside from that, if someone like Kael'thas, in his last incarnation on Azeroth at the Magister Terrace goes to Revendreth and not into the Maw, than even someone like Deathwing had to go to Revendreth for his deeds. As he definitely resisted the whispers of the Old Gods for a long time, before he succumbed to them in the War of the Ancients, wasn't sane anymore and when Cataclysm came around, he was completely insane. You can definitely argue that he was no longer in his right mind when he started to create the demon/dragonsoul. And the Void is way more competent and cruel in manipulating its victims compared to Disorder/Fel which the demons of the Burning Legion represent. But of course if it is true that all souls since the end of WotlK went into the Maw straight without even meeting the Arbiter, than Deathwing should be there as well.

Although, he was literally completely erased, so that he could never come or brought back in any form right? But i guess they can retcon that part easily as they always do, because the Aspects and Thrall don't have to know how the Shadowlands really work. Even though one could expect that Alextrasza because of her connection to life and death could have the ability to glimpse into or connect to the Shadowlands and Ysera and the Emerald Dream might have some connection to the Shadowlands as well.

But i think Blizzard won't think this thoroughly through, as always.
    Last edited by Reinhart11; 2019-11-12 at 08:29 AM.