Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Daevelian View Post
    >Claims person cannot reach any harder with their headcanon

>takes an out of date twitter comment woefully out of context to support their own fragile headcanon

U wot m8?
    ”Woefully”

Not even close lmao. Writer directly states it’s by no in game character, which is contradicted by what they said at BlizzCon. No, “in game” has no dubious meaning. That’s dumb as fuck.

Being proven wrong is hard. It’s okay.

Quote Originally Posted by maccajoe View Post

You havent debunked anything.... You linked a tweet that was made in 2015 when the book came out over a year later GREAT JOB.
    What facts exactly? Its quite obvious you havent read the book because a 5 year old with basic comprehension can see how its written, its not written like a guide or manual its written like the book of cain a book written from a perspective.

So Grammar is conspiracy? Do you need everything handed to you on a platter? Can you not critically think?
    Tell me what exactly is italics used for if not for emphasis/to bring attention to a word in a wall of text? Tell exactly what typing ............history....... multiple ways means then? Why exactly would he present it like that multiple times?

You havent presented shit and cant actually form and argument all you can respond with is "we have given evidence" LUL what evidence.
    You genuinely believe that don't you????? You're actually not trolling us?!?!?!?! You truly believe that putting emphasis on the word "history," however many times it was written, somehow translates to "this is written from the perspective of the titans." That's insanely dumb! You're reaching so hard for something to validate your nonsense that you're about to break your arm.

"because a 5 year old with basic comprehension can see how its written"

BZZZT! WRONG!
    Even a 4 year old's reading comprehension is enough to see that there isn't a single paragraph, a single sentence even, that comes even remotely close to presenting the Chronicles from the point of view of the titans. Get this, your reading comprehension is on below 4 year old level, damn!

"LUL what evidence."

I already told you that you're massively embarrassing yourself and yet you keep digging yourself further into to this hole. Feigning ignorance about this is so incredibly disgusting and insulting towards the people that you're conversing with that I wonder why I keep putting in the effort to respond to you. All the sources have been linked throughout this thread and yet you pretend like it never happened.

Starting one the same page that you've been screeching about where the word "history" is italicized where Metzen calls the Chronicles a "top-down view of the story"

Then there's the official description of Chronicles on the wow website which calls it a "definitive tome of Warcraft" historyhttps://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/book/chronicle-vol-1
    Same thing with the description on Amazon and Barnes and Noble: https://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraf.../dp/1616558458
    The you have Metzen saying that the purpose of the Chronicles is "to codify, tighten up and clarify the history of Warcraft." on the official ad for the book on Youtube.
    Finally you have the tweet where a writer outright tells you that the Chronicles aren't written from a character's perspective. "No sources LUL" my ass.
    You seriously need a lesson in how to properly take an L without throwing the most childish of tantrums.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-10 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

So what exactly would quell your misguided bloodlust? Would you want the book to literally say "this book is written by us the titans" if you want that then no its not going to say that, it takes slightly more critical thinking. (why you would want that is beyond me anyway, the best diablo history book is written from a perspective)
    Secondly have you read the book? If you haven't i cant help you. If you have you would know the writing in the book isnt written like some gave devs writing to you its written very similar to the Book of Cain.

Ive quoted the line already scroll up.
    So instead of providing the direct quote, you basically said exactly what I knew you would say.

Thank you for proving my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Volardelis View Post
    So instead of providing the direct quote, you basically said exactly what I knew you would say.

Thank you for proving my point.
    Is it honestly that hard to scroll up a page? Ill give you the quote if you can be cordial. If not IDC really.
    I presented you with other questions and lines of discussion but you dismiss it? Im not going to provide you with every level of interaction if you simply cant even respond to simple queries.
    The only point thats proven here is your not willing to have a discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by defibrillator View Post
    You genuinely believe that don't you????? You're actually not trolling us?!?!?!?! You truly believe that putting emphasis on the word "history," however many times it was written, somehow translates to "this is written from the perspective of the titans." That's insanely dumb! You're reaching so hard for something to validate your nonsense that you're about to break your arm.

"because a 5 year old with basic comprehension can see how its written"

BZZZT! WRONG!
    Even a 4 year old's reading comprehension is enough to see that there isn't a single paragraph, a single sentence even, that comes even remotely close to presenting the Chronicles from the point of view of the titans. Get this, your reading comprehension is on below 4 year old level, damn!

"LUL what evidence."

I already told you that you're massively embarrassing yourself and yet you keep digging yourself further into to this hole. Feigning ignorance about this is so incredibly disgusting and insulting towards the people that you're conversing with that I wonder why I keep putting in the effort to respond to you. All the sources have been linked throughout this thread and yet you pretend like it never happened.

Starting one the same page that you've been screeching about where the word "history" is italicized where Metzen calls the Chronicles a "top-down view of the story"

Then there's the official description of Chronicles on the wow website which calls it a "definitive tome of Warcraft" historyhttps://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/story/book/chronicle-vol-1
    Same thing with the description on Amazon and Barnes and Noble: https://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraf.../dp/1616558458
    The you have Metzen saying that the purpose of the Chronicles is "to codify, tighten up and clarify the history of Warcraft." on the official ad for the book on Youtube.
    Finally you have the tweet where a writer outright tells you that the Chronicles aren't written from a character's perspective. "No sources LUL" my ass.
    You seriously need a lesson in how to properly take an L without throwing the most childish of tantrums.

Infracted.
    Is it genuinly that hard to believe someone who dsnt agree with you is trolling?
    No i am not trolling.

I mean once again its blatantly you obvious you havent read chronicle? Have you even read it? For some reason you keep dodging that question.
    "Massively embarrassing myself?"
    Common dude its mmochamp an anonymous online forum about wow even if you think im "being embarrassed" that has zero effect on me your power dsnt work here.

So far all you have done is called me names and claimed im angry when thats the exact opposite of what i am.

Literally everything you have quoted does not go against the fact the book is written from the titans perspective, nothing.
    "to codify, tighten up and clarify the history of Warcraft." So much is left out of the book and intentionally wrong compared to other sources that are also canon.
    You know what else attempts to codify .......history....... Is the book of Cain the diablo book written from his perspective.

The fact is its written from the titans perspective and the only one that has to deal with anything is you.
    Last edited by maccajoe; 2019-11-11 at 10:05 AM.

Is it honestly that hard to scroll up a page? Ill give you the quote if you can be cordial. If not IDC really.
    I presented you with other questions and lines of discussion but you dismiss it? Im not going to provide you with every level of interaction if you simply cant even respond to simple queries.
    The only point thats proven here is your not willing to have a discussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it genuinly that hard to believe someone who dsnt agree with you is trolling?
    No i am not trolling.

I mean once again its blatantly you obvious you havent read chronicle? Have you even read it? For some reason you keep dodging that question.
    "Massively embarrassing myself?"
    Common dude its mmochamp an anonymous online forum about wow even if you think im "being embarrassed" that has zero effect on me your power dsnt work here.

So far all you have done is called me names and claimed im angry when thats the exact opposite of what i am.

Literally everything you have quoted does not go against the fact the book is written from the titans perspective, nothing.
    "to codify, tighten up and clarify the history of Warcraft." So much is left out of the book and intentionally wrong compared to other sources that are also canon.
    You know what else attempts to codify .......history....... Is the book of Cain the diablo book written from his perspective.

The fact is its written from the titans perspective and the only one that has to deal with anything is you.
    You can keep repeating "N-no i-it d-doesn't m-mean anything" all you want. You can repeat it a thousand, a million times if you want to. It's not going to change anything. You've been utterly debunked, and that's a fact. Your insane ramblings about italicized words -- facepalmed at, the fact that you've been arguing against clear-cut words of a writer -- cringed at. Feel free to stay in this thread and pretend like your argument has merit if you want to, but I can tell you that we're done here.

The titans didn't write shit. The Chronacles should have been a 4th wall breaking (or however you want to phrase it) explanation of the universe, lore, and everything that has to do with wow. This 'oh it's not accurate because it's from the Titan's POV is ****ing stupid. I'm so glad I only bought the first book because they're clearly a waste of money as anything that has to do with lore or the story doesn't matter to Blizzard anymore. They describe the lore as a 'limitation' they don't want to be bound by which is code for 'we're not clever enough to write things that fit into what we already have so we're going to pretend it doesn't exist.'

As harsh as it sounds it's quite clear that trying to follow the lore/story is pointless which is frustrating, especially for RPers who try to really keep up on that shit.
    "Honor, young heroes. No matter how dire the battle, never forsake it."
    Varok Saurfang

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    A bullshit excuse for a bullshit move is what i see. Completely disrespectful for all people who actually bought it.
    i hate i preordered it
    on the bright side this comment specially is what killed lore for me, i unsubbed to many wow channels already and i still feel loath toward blizzard for what they did
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    A scam is a scam, regardless of how large. Obviously this change is bad just on the premise that this was a product Blizzard sold to people.
    agree, but since gamers in general are the least ppl with any relation to dignity, they will accept any sh8t and call it reward

- - - Updated - - -

--- snip ---
    Last edited by Aucald; 2019-11-11 at 05:50 PM. Reason: Removed Moderation Discussion
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

I would have bought chronicles knowing it was written from the titans perspective. At the time they were coming out we knew nothing of the titans.
    Retconning a book that itself was billed as the reference and retconned earlier lore, is pretty shit in my opinion. This definitely wasn't the plan when chronicles were being developed.

Chronicle is them trying to come up with a consistent canon out of years upon years of disparate "rule of cool" writing. I'm disappointed, but not surprised, that they've resorted to retconning parts of it to fit in new stuff.

This all coming from a huge lore nut who has nothing better to do with his life than argue about lore details on the internet. Still love the story at the end of the day or I wouldn't be here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    A bullshit excuse for a bullshit move is what i see. Completely disrespectful for all people who actually bought it.
    ^^^^

Whole point of Chronicle was that it was supposed to be the definitive, word of god record of the Warcraft saga. This was supposed to be the tidied up, finalized version of the retcons. Now they've disregarded it to retcon again.

... the Titans weren't even around for most of the events of the saga. They couldn't have possibly known about events on Draenor, for instance.

When I first read stuff from it, it made me think it was written from a pov. And I think that pov was Algalon.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

One thing is sure, I won't be purchasing the next edition, even though it'll surely be the "This time this is the accurate story and lore so far, guys. We promise."-Chronicle book.