Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    Which just kinda makes them a variation on the goblin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    Yes, that is my point..
    What I mean is technically Vulpera have no racial connection to any playable race.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    What I mean is technically Vulpera have no racial connection to any playable race.
    And I never said that they did.

My comment was that the three races I mentioned didn't have analogs. Definition "A person or thing seen as comparable to another."

So, I wasn't implying that Goblins and Vulps are racially related, but that they have the same basic skeletal framework and size as each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Sungamnori View Post
    And I never said that they did.

My comment was that the three races I mentioned didn't have analogs. Definition "A person or thing seen as comparable to another."

So, I wasn't implying that Goblins and Vulps are racially related, but that they have the same basic skeletal framework and size as each other.
    I gotchu. /10char
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    I get that when it comes to story and such, but Vulpera are very close to goblins when it comes to visual and graphical experience. All they really are just goblins with different racials, which is again okay, as it matches with the standard of allied races. The resemblance to other races is what makes them different than getting a totally new race.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    You're really arguing semantics here.

I mean, would you have preferred they just said, "We didn't want to do allied races at this time"?

The way it was worded was typical corporate speak, for we're not doing them, but we're not ruling out the possibility in the future.
    I would prefer they actually spoke plainly about that stuff. "We don't have dev resources for more allied races at the start of shadowlands as we have them on other features. Maybe more allied races in the future."

Or,

"We don't have the dev resources to do tier sets for each tier+class in BFA and are instead producing one set for each armor type. Look for more consolidation like this in the future. In a few expansions we may return to tier sets but for now it's not planned." Rather than the, "it's going to be more exciting for everyone to not have tier sets! think how freeing it will be for you!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrcodez View Post
    I would prefer they actually spoke plainly about that stuff. "We don't have dev resources for more allied races at the start of shadowlands as we have them on other features. Maybe more allied races in the future."

Or,

"We don't have the dev resources to do tier sets for each tier+class in BFA and are instead producing one set for each armor type. Look for more consolidation like this in the future. In a few expansions we may return to tier sets but for now it's not planned." Rather than the, "it's going to be more exciting for everyone to not have tier sets! think how freeing it will be for you!"
    I'm not going to lie, I would prefer it if companies spoke more plainly about their intentions also.

But they don't, because it's not in their nature (this is by no means unique to Blizz either). Thus I learned to decipher corporate speak.

Basically, I can't change the way the world works, so I adapted, and I'm happier for it.
    Here is something to believe in!

Some new mysterious Life/Death magic has been discovered, allowing the races in Shadowlands to come back to the living and join us. There, it fits now.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmasher View Post
    Some new mysterious Life/Death magic has been discovered, allowing the races in Shadowlands to come back to the living and join us. There, it fits now.
    It already works because the metaphysical barrier separating these planes of existence allows for the living to travel the world of the dead. Surely it's a 2-way street.

Quote Originally Posted by HulkSmasher View Post
    heaven forbid. that would make a very good lore point. if us players can come back, what's stopping npcs from doing it too.
    The hunter hoe with the least beloe.