Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    Ugh, I care about cybergnomes even less than I did about fat humans. Alliance is honestly never getting any interesting allied races.
    Wow I’m the opposite. I’d trade the damn furry race we get for Mechagnomes anyday. Or for the fat humans. Blood Elves were bad enough being added to the horde, and then we got Pandaren which thankfully almost no one plays. I hope Vulpera are the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by How dare you View Post
    What Horde characters were killed in the last 3-4 expansions?
    Garrosh, VolJin, Saurfang, and many smaller but well liked ones such as Nazgrim.

Can we unlock Mechagnomes if we got the rep on the horde, like with the legion races?

Hope that is a joke.

Not so fast, High Stinker!

Hell yeah! Long live the High Tinkererer!

Mekkatorque Stark LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Wow I’m the opposite. I’d trade the damn furry race we get for Mechagnomes anyday. Or for the fat humans. Blood Elves were bad enough being added to the horde, and then we got Pandaren which thankfully almost no one plays. I hope Vulpera are the same.

- - - Updated - - -

Garrosh, VolJin, Saurfang, and many smaller but well liked ones such as Nazgrim.
    Not to mention symbolically killing off Sylvanas from the Horde and having Thrall give up his shaman powers and having him be Green limp dick boi now. Also, they killed off the Dragonmaw orc clan with its leader in SoO and the blackrock orcs such as malkorok. However, you could argue Malkorok was never really "Horde". He was a Garrosh dick sucker. Also, Rastakhan now too. Sacrificed to make his female character daughter a leader.

Alliance had Varian, Maraad, and the mirror to Nazgrim in WoD. i think that's it?
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2019-11-08 at 09:33 PM.

I love how people endlessly claimed that it made no sense of the highmountain or nightborne to join the horde since both factions helped them. This time....silence

Damn it, I'm exalted with them on the Horde side... I was hoping since it's the same Rep Name it would count... ack, guess I'm going on my Ally and take advantage of the 15th Anniversary 15% Rep.

Quote Originally Posted by CharrforLife View Post
    Damn it, I'm exalted with them on the Horde side... I was hoping since it's the same Rep Name it would count... ack, guess I'm going on my Ally and take advantage of the 15th Anniversary 15% Rep.
    I think if you have the exalted rep achievement you can just log in to your alliance char.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    I think if you have the exalted rep achievement you can just log in to your alliance char.
    That's how it worked with Nightborne and Highmountain for me. Got exalted on Alliance, forgot all about those races, levelled a Horde character up for Alliance wolf and got the unlock in the process without bothering about rep.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saurfang
    Vol'jin
    Nazgrim
    Garrosh
    Sylvanas (While not dead she is definitely no longer part of the Horde and the chances of her dying are increasing with everything she does)

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Hope that is a joke.
    Had to have been a joke or pure ignorance seeing as he has been posting after people have explained what Horde characters were killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baleful View Post
    So they are capable of killing most horde characters in the last 3 to 4 expansions but they can't even kill the gnome nobody cares about. Thank you Christie Golden.
    excuse me but Mekkatorque is the ONLY gnome we care about! Mainly because he literally the ONLY gnome worth mentioning. Now that he is basically Iron Man it makes him ten times cooler. If you're sick of your Horde characters dying, the Alliance is here waiting for you.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    But then again, in the story, we're pretty brutal murder machines and not really "strategical assets". Just send us in and we'll murder everything in our way!
    So I guess the solution here is simple - we'll murder everyone.

honestly ... who cares about even more obnoxious version of gnomes ? gnomes should be written out of lore, and never show their ugly annoying heads ever again. they are not funny, and every time blizzard try to make them serious it doesn't work either because of how they look, it's a flawed concept and should be scrapped (or at least not mentioned ever again) like warfronts or islands

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Not to mention symbolically killing off Sylvanas from the Horde and having Thrall give up his shaman powers and having him be Green limp dick boi now. Also, they killed off the Dragonmaw orc clan with its leader in SoO and the blackrock orcs such as malkorok. However, you could argue Malkorok was never really "Horde". He was a Garrosh dick sucker. Also, Rastakhan now too. Sacrificed to make his female character daughter a leader.

Alliance had Varian, Maraad, and the mirror to Nazgrim in WoD. i think that's it?
    That's right. Maraad was about as important as Nazgrim too, so Varian is the only major character they've ever lost. As for Rastakhan I was so damn upset for his death. I find Talanji to be just boring as hell. Rastakhan became my favorite troll in the entire game and that was shocking to me. I usually find the WoW trolls boring and haven't been into any since Zul'jin back in the day. But they made Rastakhan pretty likeable, and his voice actor was amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    I can't believe the allied race we're getting is a tinker participation award...

Get this god damn technology out of my fantasy world.
    What game franchise have you been playing? Tanks, airships, flying machines, mech suits, rocket launchers all predate WoW. WoW launched with engineering, tanks, the Deeprun Tram, and other technology. Titan tech has been in since launch and heavily expanded in WotLK. TBC had Legion tech in the reavers and later expanded to inter-dimensional ships. Literally everything the Draenei use. Teleporters, motorcyles, etc etc have all been in the game for a decade. I hate to break it to you but this ship has long since sailed.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Saurfang
    Vol'jin
    Nazgrim
    Garrosh
    Sylvanas (While not dead she is definitely no longer part of the Horde and the chances of her dying are increasing with everything she does)
    Ok 1 of those isn't dead and you even say that, so let's scratch Sylvanas off that list.

Saurfang just recently died, and he got a lot of screentime and his death made sense. And we might actually see him again in Shadowlands, since he is now in the Maw because of Sylvanas.

Vol'jin died at the beginning of Legion, at the same time Varian died. Both leaders of their factions died. Only Vol'jin is actually still around so his death doesn't even really count compared to Varian's.

Nazgrim died, but so did Taylor, so it's equal again. Only that Taylor appeared merely as a ghost later, but Nazgrim got resurrected as one of the four horsemen, so again, like Vol'jin, he is still around as a character.

Garrosh died in WoD, but so did Maraad. And Garrosh might actually be alive again, if you interpret the hints in the Mag'har questchain to mean that.

So for every major Horde death I can show you a major character on the Alliance side that died as well, but you are biased so you pretend it was only Horde characters that died.

And Horde seems to always have the advantage of having their characters stick around even though they are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderZebra View Post
    I love how people endlessly claimed that it made no sense of the highmountain or nightborne to join the horde since both factions helped them. This time....silence
    Maybe things went this way because we had way more interaction with both the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne than these Gnomes, especially Nightborne that had like one whole patch, more than one hundred quests, raid, and two dungeons dedicated to them. Also, these two races look good and are interesting, wouldn't say the same about these "diaper gnomes".

Why would anyone be upset about something that nobody wants?

Blizzard wasted one Allied Race spot, but it's not a surprise since it's meant to be one Alliance race. Alliance always gets the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    Saurfang
    Vol'jin
    Nazgrim
    Garrosh

Had to have been a joke or pure ignorance seeing as he has been posting after people have explained what Horde characters were killed.
    Saurfang and Vol'jin are the only characters that were Horde when they died from your list. And if you try to use the others then you need to bring in all the former Alliance as well like Ony, Fandral Staghelm, Archbishop Benedictus, etc....

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFromHR View Post
    I can't believe the allied race we're getting is a tinker participation award...

Get this god damn technology out of my fantasy world.
    You mean a fantasy world that has always had technology in it? You'd have to practically blind not to notice technology being a part of the warcraft universe.