Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Allied races Info

First post, go easy,

With the announcement of Shadowlands, I was hoping to see some older allied races have the rep requirement removed or made easier to obtain.
    I am a filthy casual with limited play time, I'm not going to spend my time doing old content to unlock races. I was wondering if I missed any info on that or maybe I'm not the only one who feels that way? I do understand the work people have put in to unlock the races normally so they may not change that. Just seems off that I did all of the quests and stories already, now I have to go back and grind old rep.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    ...Void Elves and Nightborne and stuff used to all be current rep, so why didn't you do current rep when it was current rep?

Because life happens and I wasn't able to do all of the grinds at the time. I had to stop playing for a while and am going to come back for Shadowlands, which makes me think there are most likely many people in my situation. So I didn't know if they released any info or were planning on making changes, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    ...Void Elves and Nightborne and stuff used to all be current rep, so why didn't you do current rep when it was current rep?
    Not everyone played every expansion. I do think by now those allied races need to be unlocked some other way instead of going back.

Quote Originally Posted by rh416 View Post
    First post, go easy,

With the announcement of Shadowlands, I was hoping to see some older allied races have the rep requirement removed or made easier to obtain.
    I am a filthy casual with limited play time, I'm not going to spend my time doing old content to unlock races. I was wondering if I missed any info on that or maybe I'm not the only one who feels that way? I do understand the work people have put in to unlock the races normally so they may not change that. Just seems off that I did all of the quests and stories already, now I have to go back and grind old rep.
    To get exalted with each of the factions, All you need to do is Emissaries and Daily world quests for a month or 2.

Doing World quests for 1 zone per day does not take very long and you should have enough time or it.

The rep grind is not hard. It just takes a very long time. But you will get there eventually, All you gotta do is be consistant and never skip a day, especially if you're faction is emisarry

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayrah View Post
    Not everyone played every expansion. I do think by now those allied races need to be unlocked some other way instead of going back.
    ...That's Blizzard's fault how? I'm still having to do old rep grinds for shit I want, not just for Allied Races.

Not everyone played every expansion.
    Which is something that should be severely punished.

Imo they should do treat allied races the same way they treated Challange mode or mage tower. Just simply lock them after the expansion ends.

"You snooze you lose" is the best Motto and rule ever.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

No, they do not NEED to. You know how to get them, and the effort to do so has been nerfed. Quit being lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

Imo they should do treat allied races the same way they treated Challange mode or mage tower. Just simply lock them after the expansion ends.

That's the single dumbest idea I've read on MMO-Champion, ever, and that includes a thread where a guy suggested charging poor people more money while they're in prison in order to keep them in prison and a thread where someone suggested turning WoW's combat into a forced-mouselook action-MMORPG like TERA.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

First post, go easy,

Since nobody seems to have answered your question; no, they have not announced anything about loosening the rep requirements. They've made some changes in the past, such as un-repgating Suramar quests and the war campaign, and giving bonus reputation or more sources of reputation for the Army of the Light, Argussian Reach, and 7th Legion, but they did not announce anything new on this subject at BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    That's the single dumbest idea I've read on MMO-Champion, ever, and that includes a thread where a guy suggested charging poor people more money while they're in prison in order to keep them in prison and a thread where someone suggested turning WoW's combat into a forced-mouselook action-MMORPG like TERA.
    If they also locked all old raids as well, that would be amazing. Imagine all previous expansion transmogg being locked and only available to the ones who played it. Then you would really know who is good and who is casual.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post

Credit Card companies must really love you. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    They probably should introduce some thing that speeds that stuff up. Being required to grind daily for 4, 5, 6 weeks to unlock something from a few years ago seems unnecessary punitive for something like playing the race you’d like.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

Hell I would be up for paying to unlock all the allied races. Even with a penalty like if you buy them then they can't unlock heritage armor.

5+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I agree, I have done the unlocking content for all races when it wasn't trivial and I understand it must be really frustrating to have to go back to old content systematically just because you couldn't play the expansion. Many people do their tasks on the current content for the day and don't play more because, yeah, life happens.

I believe that at a certain point the requirement to get the allied races could become something like "Having a max level character of the faction each allied race belongs to" new players would still have to level a character of the core races in order to get them, but they would feel like they were unlocking a lot more while doing content that's relevant.

Some people in this thread seem to be pieces of trash for whom WoW seems to be the only place where they can prove their miniscule worth.

I agree with the author. I'd rather pay $20-50 than having to endure the idiotic expansion that is BfA.

Because life happens and I wasn't able to do all of the grinds at the time. I had to stop playing for a while and am going to come back for Shadowlands, which makes me think there are most likely many people in my situation. So I didn't know if they released any info or were planning on making changes, that's all.
    It would take you less time waiting to actually go grind these reps for a few days, than wait eternally for new info.

- - - Updated - - -

So can I get all the reputations' full rewards for free then, since I didn't play vanilla, tbc, and wotlk when their own reputations were current? Oh I know, allied races are SO DIFFERENT from mounts, pets, toys

Quote Originally Posted by WaitingForBlizzcon View Post
    ...That's Blizzard's fault how? I'm still having to do old rep grinds for shit I want, not just for Allied Races.
    This is nothing compared to Argent Tournament Mounts grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you didn't do the content because you expected a handout later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Honestly you should be able to get them just by leveling a normal character and playing through legion and BFA... It'll get you to revered then you can do some dailies for a week or two . Not hard.