Is Feral just a Meme?

I been trying to make a new alt for 6 months but keep going back to my Druid. Figure the best Alt is just to make a new Druid, but on Horde side this time. I mained Feral for a few expansions since I started playing Druid back in TBC. However, I never see anyone play Feral in BFA. Not in 5 mans, not in raids, not in BGs, not even in open world. I was watching a PvP video and some guy was kiting around what he thought was just a Hunter pet because the damage was so bad. Turns out it was actually a Feral Druid. I remember playing Feral in Wrath stacking Armor Pen and just melting people. Also Feral seemed pretty good in Legion as well. Is Feral really as bad and is it just a meme spec at this point?

What?! Feral is OP in pvp.
    When it comes to pve...yeah, it's shit.

Ferals are absolutely fine and good in both pvp and pve. No idea what the poster above is smoking.
    Pretty similar to a legion version if you liked it then you will like the current one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sygmar View Post
    What?! Feral is OP in pvp.
    When it comes to pve...yeah, it's shit.
    its not shit in pve, but everything a feral can do, a rogue can do it just fine

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    I been trying to make a new alt for 6 months but keep going back to my Druid. Figure the best Alt is just to make a new Druid, but on Horde side this time. I mained Feral for a few expansions since I started playing Druid back in TBC. However, I never see anyone play Feral in BFA. Not in 5 mans, not in raids, not in BGs, not even in open world. I was watching a PvP video and some guy was kiting around what he thought was just a Hunter pet because the damage was so bad. Turns out it was actually a Feral Druid. I remember playing Feral in Wrath stacking Armor Pen and just melting people. Also Feral seemed pretty good in Legion as well. Is Feral really as bad and is it just a meme spec at this point?
    Feral is under played for a bunch of reasons outside of just performance in pvp and pve.

The playstyle is very niche, there's little alternative in he spec, the druid forms arn't to to every ones taste and Bar the legion artifact can't be customized with tmog. Heavy compatition in the "nature" theme from classes that have a better perception and approval from the community

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    The playstyle is very niche
    how exactly is it any different from Ass Rogue?

Rake = Garrote
    Rip = Rupture

then just manage energy and CPs

Feral is doing pretty good in all content right now. Its just that Ranged is usually preferred so why not Boomy. Also, Rogue is a better version of Feral.

Basically, Feral is fine but there are better options.

Unless feral is overwhelmingly strong for some reason there's no reason to run it.

It also only gets a melee spot if:
    A.) Your rogue wants to play it
    B.) There's nothing else available AND your Druid can't play Balance for some reason. --Which would mean having surplus utility (healing/tanks) in the raid. Since noone runs guard dogs, they're a resto main and probably don't dps regularly enough to be good with feral anyways.

These two conditions are both kinda ridiculous. But sure, if you're a rogue main and are serious enough to the point of having all your bases covered in the event some LW dps is OP, then yea go for it.
    Last edited by Elestia; 2019-11-08 at 03:59 PM.

Rake = Garrote
    Rip = Rupture

Ass rouge has a higher actions per minute game play.

Usualy bar a couple times in legion, feral has a very slow gameplay style.

When you look at class / spec population breakdown, people tend to gravitate to melee, direct dmg high APM classes. Slow, dot, melee players are possibly the most niche geoup still catered for by a class.
    Last edited by Monster Hunter; 2019-11-08 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elestia View Post
    Unless feral is overwhelmingly strong for some reason there's no reason to run it.

It also only gets a melee spot if:
    A.) Your rogue wants to play it
    B.) There's nothing else available AND your Druid can't play Balance for some reason. --Which would mean having surplus utility (healing/tanks) in the raid. Since noone runs guard dogs, they're a resto main and probably don't dps regularly enough to be good with feral anyways.

These two conditions are both kinda ridiculous. But sure, if you're a rogue main and are serious enough to the point of having all your bases covered in the event some LW dps is OP, then yea go for it.
    Or What about a Feral that doesn't -want- to play balance? (My raid leader knows better than to ask) I've always been Feral and play it 100% in mythic (with several CE). I have no problem keeping up with (or beating, fight depending) our guilds raiding Rogues. Throw on Primal Wrath and you're good to go in M+ for the most part.

If you want to play feral OP go for it. It will be a little harder to get into a pug group but it's not like Feral is dead weight. Play what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Hunter View Post
    Ass rouge has a higher actions per minute game play.

Usualy bar a couple times in legion, feral has a very slow gameplay style.

When you look at class / spec population breakdown, people tend to gravitate to melee, direct dmg high APM classes. Slow, dot, melee players are possibly the most niche geoup still catered for by a class.
    Last time I checked the only thing with less APM than Assassination rogue is the no IL frost mage build. Assassination has the longest downtime phases of any spec which makes it feel increasingly slow by comparison.

10+ Year Old Account

Rake = Garrote
    Rip = Rupture

That's kind of like saying Shadow Priest = Aff Warlock because they both have dots...

Feral is unique in that it is the only class with snapshotting, and gameplay revolves around maximizing this with bloodtalons. It is a slow and strategical style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    Last time I checked the only thing with less APM than Assassination rogue is the no IL frost mage build. Assassination has the longest downtime phases of any spec which makes it feel increasingly slow by comparison.
    play feral...... makes assas look like ADHD