Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Great lore. Awesome fantasy. Historically complex (bfa notwhistanding...). Rewards investment. in mop and wod, amazing class design with three so-fun-its-unfair speccs. The strongest "watch them rot slowly" theme with affliction in arena. Class quests like green fire and classic epic mount. Its just too good. BFA broke my love of wow by ruining affliction, but you never forget a first love.

Edit:come to think of it, the mop (and less so wod) incarnation was also the epitome of agency and decision making. No class that I'm aware of had the level of decision making an affliction lock could have with soulburn. You could use it for instant triple dots, a finisher, but also tons of non dmg utility (insta pet summon, enhanced drain life, demonic circle port with speed boost...). It was a pvper's wet dream and it rocked in pve too.
    The same goes for demon form in demonology. At almost any point you could shift to a 600% more armored form with a heroic-leap like warriors, but then you may not have it when you want to go for a kill. Nothing before or after in the history of wow class design compares, imo. And yeah chaos bolts rock.
    Last edited by Amariw; 2019-11-27 at 10:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually just recently got back into my lock. Haven't really played him much since MoP. Not really sure why but I just never felt like playing a lock for the longest time. Now that I'm playing him again and learned how they play in BfA I'm having an absolute blast. Demonology so far is my favorite spec. Affliction I tried but I just didn't like how it played, too many dots to manage. I haven't tried destruction yet but it looks really fun.

I also really like the updated spell effects. They all look really cool especially Shadow Bolt. Also it helps when warlocks have an awesome collection of armor sets for me to transmog. A lot of them look badass.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    I like warlock, thematically, because their specs have clarity in what they do. Each one has a part of the game they excel at. PvE raiding? Affliction is a solid goto. PvE key running? Demo has you covered. PvP? Destro is ready and willing.

Mages fall into to this to some degree... But outside of elemental based seperation, the line isn't as clear. And don't even start me on rogues.

TL;DR- I like that there is clear definition AND class fantasy within the class.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

3 things I love: hots, dots, and pets. Warlocks have 2 out of 3. You give me the ability to put a never ending dot on enemies and I'm there, even if it's not always the best for min/maxing dps but f that I like forever dots and always by my side combat pets.

Stockholm Syndrome.

Honestly, it was the first class I got to 60. Sure a lot of what I was to my guild was a utility and flask monkey. But as the expansions rolled on I got more freedom and flexibility to really play with it. Demonology was always a fun thematic style of play, and I though Legion and BfA changes help make that feel better for me. At least in my theme I grown so accustomed to.

Locks are mean, no knight in shiny armour bs. The reason I like Rogues as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    My first toon and I've always liked the way Affliction works. 2nd only to my resto druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    I like warlock, thematically, because their specs have clarity in what they do. Each one has a part of the game they excel at. PvE raiding? Affliction is a solid goto. PvE key running? Demo has you covered. PvP? Destro is ready and willing.

Mages fall into to this to some degree... But outside of elemental based seperation, the line isn't as clear. And don't even start me on rogues.

TL;DR- I like that there is clear definition AND class fantasy within the class.
    I don't like this, I don't like Demo but am forced to play it because Afflock is garbage in M+? I would like to play the specc I love in every part of this game (raiding, pvp and m+) not only be bind to one specc for one specific part of the game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    I don't like this, I don't like Demo but am forced to play it because Afflock is garbage in M+? I would like to play the specc I love in every part of this game (raiding, pvp and m+) not only be bind to one specc for one specific part of the game...
    Balancing specs, and the game, is all ready a gargantuan task. If there was no hierarchy of spec strength relative to gameplay, it would make the game even worse than people all ready perceive it to be. If there is a specific element of the game you want to play, but one class/spec does not tickle your fancy... Perhaps rolling a different toon might be a positive?
    "When you build it, you love it!"

i played a demo lock from wotlk as i loved the concept of turning into a demon . But then came legion and the rework...

i now play my cac demon transforming warlock , or that is what i call it to make me feel better .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bowchikabow View Post
    Balancing specs, and the game, is all ready a gargantuan task. If there was no hierarchy of spec strength relative to gameplay, it would make the game even worse than people all ready perceive it to be. If there is a specific element of the game you want to play, but one class/spec does not tickle your fancy... Perhaps rolling a different toon might be a positive?
    That is what I did a few weeks into BfA, the first time since i am playing WoW I rerolled from my Warlock to my alt because the specc I love is only viable for 1 specific part of the game, I still believe this is not good design.

The class I am playing now I can use for M+, for PvP and for raiding in just 1 specc which I really like.
    Last edited by Micronetic; 2019-12-07 at 08:31 AM.

Destro is boring.
    Demo is gimmicky and hard to play optimally.
    Affliction is a meme.

Why indeed.

long story short, i picked up warlock as a dare with my guild mates who played warlock and were awful at it. i did that late in throne of thunder patch and shortly after left the guild that i mentioned for a better place. had full HC SoO before mythic nerfs and stuff. killed everything on mythic in highmaul and BRF. they never logged in into wow after watching me doing soooo well on warlock. after that i kinda got stuck with this hero.

Because I loved the spec in Legion, now I'm only playing it because my guild needs me to. I miss the glory days (any other expansion)

- - - Updated - - -

The guild loves candy and well placed gates during the encounters

I think thematically they're quite interesting and one of the more varied casters. Bit sad, but I also like how they're self-sufficient, I feel like with my void I can punch up enemies I couldn't if I was playing another class - particularly casters.

because the lore is more interesting than any other class and fits with what i played in table top games as a kid...

7+ Year Old Account
    Recently leveled my lock to 120 because I'd been wanting to play demo ever since I played it on beta (the actual beta, not the Beta for Azeroth meme). It was my pseudo-main throughout the last couple of patches in Legion when Aff was ruling M+.
    I just love the MOAR DEMOOONNSSS aspect of it. Just keep chucking dem demons on your foes 1 by 1 until they drown in them. It's an amusing aspect of the spec

Been playing him for 12 or 13 years.
    Can't get rid of him ^^

And i think it always offered versatility in the gameplays between the 3 specs, allowing to always have some fun with at least one of them.

And we have the most incredible transmogs (RIP raid tiers)

And great lore.

And green fire.

And we're purple.

Been playing Demo since the time we gave spellpower, the spec that gets to be a new thing every expansion! Jokes aside I'm digging the newest iteration of summoning hordes of imps to sacrifice to the Tyrant, reminds me of trying to line up your Meta usage with all of your trinket and enchant procs, back in the days of ICDs.

The original draw was seeing a voidwalker pet in the starting zone and really digging it's deaign, also the old demon quests were amazing, one of the nice things about classic.
    Last edited by Drakile; 2020-03-02 at 11:49 AM.

Armory^