View Poll Results: Is this offensive to say?

Voters
91. This poll is closed
  • No it’s not offensive at all

31 34.07%
  • Yes it’s very offensive

4 4.40%
  • Ok Boomer

56 61.54%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    So, you do admit you are a hypocrite looking to virtue signal.

You attack others for not showing "respect" and "empathy", but you show others none in return.

But you are not "regressive" and "stupid" if you are the one doing it. Cool. Keep defending boomers and attacking younger generations for the same, live up to the hypocrite you are.
    This is devolving into a petty argument so I should probably stop but I'm really curious, can you quote the part where you imagine I attacked younger people?

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    This is devolving into a petty argument so I should probably stop but I'm really curious,
    I should think so too, since hypocrisy should be an act of the petty and small-minded...at least theoretically of course.
    can you quote the part where you imagine I attacked younger people?
    Oh I don't know, like every post of yours in this thread? Better question would be, quote a post in this thread you didn't attack younger generations or defended boomers?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    I should think so too, since hypocrisy should be an act of the petty and small-minded...at least theoretically of course.

Oh I don't know, like every post of yours in this thread? Better question would be, quote a post in this thread you didn't attack younger generations or defended boomers?
    Well you quoted a post where I neither attack nor defend anyone, but okay I'll play along, here's my first post.

It's insulting someone based on their age, so it is ageist, so it is definitely worse than snowflake, which can be applied to anyone. Don't get me wrong, it's not a devastating or foul "slur," just let's not be disingenuous about what it is. Suggesting it just has to do with a particular generation is just trying to muddy the water.
    Which part was the attack, could you bold it? Endus was making the point that the word boomer isn't an insult, but in the context of "ok boomer," it's pretty clearly meant to be one (to me anyway, they presumably still disagree), which was all I was saying.

Whilst I don't really see it as something offensive, it certainly isn't on the same level as the n word, I suppose it is a symptom of inter generational angst. Older people dismissing younger generations, younger people dismissing older people, all because of age. I read it as more of a sign that something has went wrong with our society. I suppose it has always happened, lump a massive chunk of people into a group based on some characteristic, then use that as a way to attack/dismiss/generalise. This particular one, age, hasn't been especially harmful, and I think people trying to compare it to the n word are overreacting in a massive way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    Even the young politicians are getting in on the memes

And now it's officially dead. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Yadryonych View Post
    no, it's equivalent of "OK retard", but the retard is boomer
    thats an redundant

10+ Year Old Account

I saw that clip a couple days ago before it caught on.. I thought she popularized it

I kinda like it. It has this dismissive tone that is the only way to deal with utterly ignorant people. After labeling everyone and everything millenial and using that as an insult, this is almost poetic.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, because it just sounds like shorter way of saying "fuck old people who haven't kept up with societal changes over the years," to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I don't think it's offensive at all... It's on par with snowflake which boomers so love to use.

I think a lot of people miss the point why so many find "OK boomer" so offensive.

It's the unwarranted sense of entitlement to respect that people who take offense to it have.

The image that comes to mind is Cartman blowing a gasket and screaming "Respect my authority" while doing something dumb and kids around him ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I think I talked to you in game because this sounds exactly what the person said in the debate at someone getting mad at the Ok Boomer in Trade Chat. But care to elaborate about the ladder part and stuff? I still don’t understand entirely
    It is effectively a way to describe the climb to the top in the working industry. Essentially, boomers had a ladder that they could climb up the coperate metaphorical wall, which made it easier to rise up the ranks, then they pull away the ladder making it harder for those that comes after, and just tells them to work harder.

10+ Year Old Account

Everyone is aspiring to be a comedic genius, you know

10+ Year Old Account
    In a joking way I don't mind it, it;s absolutely fine its a silly poke, and it can be aimed at anyone, not just boomers... I have used it agaisnt my friends, and my girlfriend has used it against me, for fun it's a laugh. Like a 'calm yourself' bit. Personally I prefer the term 'okay Doomer' but I digress lol.

But if you use it when people are having a serious talk it becomes just another buzzword to shut down a debate, 'I don't want to debate because I can't win or have nothing to contribute so 'okay boomer''

I am a very anti-buzzword kind of guy, I like to talk to people in a mature way and yes, in some ways you cannot talk to everyone. If anyone ever used that term against me while having a serious debate, I would just assume they are stupid and not intellectual enough to participate in conversation and I win! For me it means 'I quit' or 'you win'.

That's a perfect use, basically its like a 'sit down and shut up i'm trying to talk'.
    Last edited by Orby; 2019-11-09 at 03:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn...tons of you millenials in here with gang mentality wanting to prove how you're better. They phrase doesn't bother me at all....what people are saying about boomers does...."they deserve no respect" wtf? You going to tell your grandparents/parents they deserve no respect just because of the year they were born in? Think about this.....if it weren't for boomers you wouldn't be here....would you?

Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Damn...tons of you milleniums in here with gang mentality wanting to prove how you're better. They phrase doesn't bother me at all....what people are saying about boomers does...."they deserve no respect" wtf? You going to tell your grandparents/parents they deserve no respect just because of the year they were born in? Think about this.....if it weren't for boomers you wouldn't be here....would you?
    Respect is earned, its not given. My mother is fine, my dads a piece of shit. Hes OK boomer for sure. Age has little to do with respect, spare us the 5th commandment.

5+ Year Old Account
    Please do not create threads about baity topics.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."