Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Asian humans from where?

disclaimer, this is NOT ment to be a racist post at all. This is ment for speculation and lore discussion.

With the introduction of Black and asian humans, it leaves us to wonder where they hail from. With other races, various skin colors and breeds we have homes for them. Dark iron dwarves from blackrock. Green furry trolls from the forsts.. etc.

Now with human kingdoms, almost all of them are based of European countries, mainly English. with a few variant European nations.

With the black humans, we could always say they are from more hot areas. We have desert thiefs in tanaris and uldum? maybe there could be towns and villages? Or just nomadic.

But asians, I dont see where they could come from, as humans didn't live in pandaria pre-mists. So where might they be from? Or maybe if we had a new nation of humans that were hidden away? After all, gilneus walled off for years, and kultiras was off doing their own thing since WC with very few being seen pre- BFA.

Edit: The point of this thread is to speculate, head cannon and come up with fun ideas of where the variant humans are from. From a made up land that currently doesnt exist, or a way to fit them into currently places, like someone mentioned an island off of pandaria that was never discovered untill now. And someone else mentioned other side of azeroth.
    Last edited by kyo wolfsfang; 2019-11-08 at 11:23 PM.

From the Akavir Continent to the East if the other side of Azeroth theory is true.
    11/4/23 Updated power level -> Sargeras > Xal'atath > Void Empowered Azshara > Alleria > Galakrond > Iridikron > N'zoth > Jailor > Argus > Death Empowered Sylvanas > Lich King Arthas > Kil'jaeden > Archimonde > Illidan > Deathwing

From wherever Woo Ping is from?

There is no Asia in Azeroth.

Just as how there were no minotaur Native Americans in America just because they're portrayed in this PG13 fantasy game.
    In fact, only the typical Western culture has humans depicting it, the rest all have fantasy races.

And that's probably for a reason. So, the "Asian"-looking are simply Azerothian Humans. Simple.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2019-11-08 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    From the Akavir Continent to the East if the other side of Azeroth theory is true.
    It would be awesome to see the other side of the world and find new races and new varient of current races. I mean every other expac we have new tauren. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by kyo wolfsfang View Post
    disclaimer, this is NOT ment to be a racist post at all. This is ment for speculation and lore discussion.

With the introduction of Black and asian humans, it leaves us to wonder where they hail from. With other races, various skin colors and breeds we have homes for them. Dark iron dwarves from blackrock. Green furry trolls from the forsts.. etc.

Now with human kingdoms, almost all of them are based of European countries, mainly English. with a few variant European nations.

With the black humans, we could always say they are from more hot areas. We have desert thiefs in tanaris and uldum? maybe there could be towns and villages? Or just nomadic.

But asians, I dont see where they could come from, as humans didn't live in pandaria pre-mists. So where might they be from? Or maybe if we had a new nation of humans that were hidden away? After all, gilneus walled off for years, and kultiras was off doing their own thing since WC with very few being seen pre- BFA.
    Incorrect. Black humans have always been in WoW. They hail, like everyone else, from the human kingdoms in WoW. I don't think these are different peple. We just have the fidelity in WoW now to actually show these types of things and they probably have been asked for.
    "DIE, INSECT!" - words to live by

TelAbim or an unexplored continent

Or you don't need any of that, and humans were supposed to have that variance in appearance from the start but were held back by technical restrictions.
    Humans already had varied skin tones, now they'll have features to accompany them.

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    There is no Asia in Azeroth.

Just as how there were no minotaur Native Americans in America just because they're portrayed in this PG13 fantasy game.
    But tauren hail from mulgore. Taunka, who are a diffrent tauren live in northrend. Yaungol from pandaria. High mountain from highmountain..

sandfury trolls from tanaris. Amani from ghostlands.

Orc clans have homes.

Dwarf clans have homes.

The point is, all varients have homes. So why not have homes for other human varients? we already have several human varients, but with these two newer ones, they need a home too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    From wherever Woo Ping is from?
    ^This. He's been in the game since day 1, so there is a precedent for it.

Alright, sir. The electric yellow has me by the brain banana!

From Pandaria.
    ...that's just my opinion, anyway.

All of this cosmological stuff is too boring for me. I'd like to get Warcraft back, please. my thing is killing defias and orcs.

I mean every other expac we have new tauren. haha.
    Don't remind me, when I saw the leaks for Shadowlands involving ICC, I was hoping for Taunka.
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Quote Originally Posted by City Pop View Post
    ^This. He's been in the game since day 1, so there is a precedent for it.
    He has an Earth-Asian name, was he supposed to have an Earth-Asian phenotype? I'm not familiar with his lore.

With the introduction of Black and asian humans, it leaves us to wonder where they hail from.
    If you want a lore answer, the most likely scenario is that Blizz will retcon all of the currently known world to include all the variations and just say they've always been here.

But the more likely answer is that we should just accept the new customization options and not, I repeat, NOT think too much about it.

It'd be cool if it turns out Asian humans come from Pandaia. A mysterious island shrouded in MORE mists just beyond Timeless Isle. The humans from there actually invented gun powder, they celebrate the new year in January, they have a child Emperor and have traditions pre-dating even Eastern Kingdoms' humans.

But tauren hail from mulgore. Taunka, who are a diffrent tauren live in northrend. Yaungol from pandaria. High mountain from highmountain..

sandfury trolls from tanaris. Amani from ghostlands.

Orc clans have homes.

Dwarf clans have homes.

The point is, all varients have homes. So why not have homes for other human varients? we already have several human varients, but with these two newer ones, they need a home too.
    They are Azerothian Humans. The different skin tones were always part of the Human race, they simply couldn't respectfully make them also look like they should in face structure etc.

And like I said, all other cultures than 1 portrayed in this game, are portrayed by fantasy race humanoids.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you're trying too hard to make it all fit. We're probably just expected to accept that there's various human races and that's been the case the whole time. I really don't have an issue with it since it doesn't affect the gameplay or story.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

Quote Originally Posted by Ogarash View Post
    Incorrect. Black humans have always been in WoW. They hail, like everyone else, from the human kingdoms in WoW. I don't think these are different peple. We just have the fidelity in WoW now to actually show these types of things and they probably have been asked for.
    What's different is that they always had black humans but they've added different phenotypic features - facial features and hair style are easily African-inspired, rather than just being a black Azeroth-Human.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I think you're trying too hard to make it all fit. We're probably just expected to accept that there's various human races and that's been the case the whole time. I really don't have an issue with it since it doesn't affect the gameplay or story.
    I see it as just speculating for fun's sake. Now I want an Asian-theme island near Pandaria with Asian humans!