Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Villain that turns good

Hi!

I like movies / TV Shows / Books where the antagonist/ villain in the story goes through character development and becomes a better person. Do recommend if you know of any

obviously naruto. lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Vegeta in Dragonball Z comes to mind.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Almost every Z-fighter was an enemy at some point, or at least had an antagonistic relationship with Goku.

Wouldn't this spoil those stories for you?

The first one that comes to mind is a certain asshole in Harry Potter. But I'm sure you've seen the meme about that one before.

There's a pretty major one in Buffy/Angel as well.

As people said above: Sasuke, Vegeta, and Gaara.

Gaara went from a kid who raised and treated as a monster. Nobody loved him, and because of that, he grew into a Villain until he fought Naruto. Afterwards, Gaara started to get more used to the cast, and throughout the series, you could see him grow into someone who's genuinely a chill, kind, and badass dude who also makes a ton of great speeches. It kinda helps that his English Dub voice is the same guy that does Illidan Stormrage. So, because of that, he and Illidan share a similar status of "no one loves me, but I gotta do my thing, ya know? And with the same voice as well. "

Vegeta is self explanatory, tbh. He's just the greatest Villain turned good character ever. And Sasuke is also self explanatory, but I like Vegeta more than him, so yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

Naruto is filled with those, as has been said. It's kind of the main character's charm, in a way.
    Bleach also kind of leans in that direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't like when a character goes from good to evil or evil to good, I also don't like anti heroes because their isn't a good reason for this, much like bringing dead characters back to life it's just lazy writing.

If I had to pick one I might say Callisto from Xena Warrior Princess. Callisto's story honestly makes sense, she is driven insane by Xena's acts of cruelty, but then and only then through her story arc do you realize what happened to her didn't make her the monster, but Xena no matter how much good she does she can't unfuck Callisto's life or past.

Callisto kind of goes from less Evil and more understood as to the reason to her madness. Say what you will about the everything else in Xena but these little details make things interesting. For sure one of my favorites.

I also think maybe in terms of videos Games Sub Zero and Scorpion kind of have gone from good to bad based on similar aspects.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much every shounen anime ever.

Some cylons/humans in Battlestar Galactica (2003 mini-series and then following 2004 series/films) - my personal recommendation

Multiple characters in The Dresden Files

Angel & Spike in Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Fred/Illyria in Angel

Oskar in Schindler's List

Magneto in some X-Men movies/limited series (like Days of Future Past)

Vader, d'oh

Kratos has a nice arc about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    No, she is my waifu. Stop posting and delete this thread immediately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Voted Baine because... Well, Baine. Total nonsensical character, looks like World War II Italy, nobody really understands what role he's supposed to fill, not even himself

Book version of Jamie Lannister.

Half the villains in Netflix's Trollhunters series. I love this Guillermo Del Toro show, and cannot recommend it enough.

Avatar: The Last Airbender. It has one of the better "villain turns good" arcs.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2019-11-09 at 07:55 AM.

Sargeras in Warcraft.

Oh no, wait, he's always been good.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Megamind is a good one.
    LOL I was going to say the same thing.

Kerrigan.

(Don't lynch me, but I liked her redemption arc a lot)

Pandaren Monk
    5+ Year Old Account
    Walking Dead has a small handful of those. I'll try not to mention specific names and spoil for anyone who hasn't gotten around to it yet, but one of the major antagonists who is introduced a bit later in the series eventually crosses the "not really a villain anymore" line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman is a billionaire (which is bad) but then he uses his money to piss off cops which makes him sort of an antihero I guess